[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know what's funny? I always wanted to work for Marvel

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 1323281093970.png (61KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1323281093970.png
61KB, 400x400px
You know what's funny? I always wanted to work for Marvel growing up as a kid as a comic book artist. Nowadays, I can't even get myself to spend money on their comics after seeing the company they are now.

As an artist, is it good or bad to have beliefs or do you just need to go where the money is?
>>
>>3032638
Don't tell me this sloppy, amateurish looking, post Scott Pilgrim disgrace of an art style is actually from a published comic?
>>
Well "Marvel" is really just a collection of people isn't it. And those people are different than the people when you were a kid, so the only real thing this Marvel has in common with that Marvel is the name.

Probably having principles and beliefs are always going to get in the way of business more often than not. That's why people get accused of "selling out" when they make lots of money. But Marvel's comic books probably aren't the place where money is these days, either. Marvel's comic division is really mostly a left-wing social commentary editorial disguised as superhero comics, and it's not making a ton of money.
>>
>>3032638
That is great Anon, now you can put your efforts toward better things than capeshit
>>
>>3032893
this
>>
File: published by marvel.png (2MB, 1000x1512px) Image search: [Google]
published by marvel.png
2MB, 1000x1512px
>>3032872
No, but they have actually published worse. Like pic related, it's from a semi famous animator. I guess Marvel wnt to her and she used the opportunity to cash an easy paycheck.
>>
File: also published.jpg (136KB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
also published.jpg
136KB, 940x529px
And why would they publish this is beyond me.
>>
>>3034195
While it is sort of lazy and doodly, at least it aint an absolute fugly abortion like>>3034198
>>
>>3032893
Capeshit used to be pretty good though, see the Legends of the Dark Knight series DC put out in the 80s/90s.
>>
>>3034262

There is still good looking capeshit, and all of the faggot Tumblr shit is bombing miserably which is why Marvel is rolling out a new relaunch to bring back the old versions of characters.
>>
What's wrong with Marvel? The movies are popular, what am I missing?
>>
>>3034665
you dont really wanna know.
but if you are willing to see how bad they have gotten, check out the "america" comics. please, go ahead.
>>
>>3034665
Maybe its because of the movies. They're widening the scope of the properties and bringing in a new audience, who also brings in what THEY want to see. So you end up with shite like this >>3034195 and the people who think Cap and Tony should fuck and be the parents of Spider-Man.
>>
File: all_might.png (88KB, 540x420px) Image search: [Google]
all_might.png
88KB, 540x420px
I guess western-style super heroes only exist in manga now.
>>
File: havoc5.jpg (23KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
havoc5.jpg
23KB, 800x450px
>>3034195
Who the fuck greenlits this shit?
>>3034198
this is ugly on purpose
>>
being a good artist/writer at marvel comics right is like being a Rommel for the nazi army.
>>
>>3034198
her nose looks like a butt
>>
>is it good or bad to have beliefs or do you just need to go where the money is?
You can have beliefs and still pay the bills on time. It's just a matter of having no illusions about what you do for a living and choosing your battles wisely.

There was a very recent incident where an penciler got sacked from a new X-Men ongoing after it was discovered that he put some inappropriate political/religious references in the art of the FIRST ISSUE, drawing attention to it for all the wrong reasons. Now he's essentially blacklisted from the Big Two because he decided that showcasing his beliefs took precedence over doing his fucking job.

>>3034665
The movies' popularity aren't trickling down to the actual comics, for one. It doesn't help that Marvel has cannibalized most of their line with relaunches, renumbering, and controversy bait to the point where they're bleeding readers to the point where most of their new books get put on the chopping block almost immediately after the first issue.
>>
>>3034195
where can i see this entire thing? its so bad, im intrigued
>>
I would give up on comics to be fair. If you exclude the long-running creator owned series that date back to the 80s, capeshit, and Tumblrina social justice pandering there's basically nothing. Every webcomic except a couple in the whole world is kept afloat by pandering or pre-existing fandoms.

If you're not directly in touch with your audience and give them exactly what they want it makes no sense to do comics.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.