[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>read loomis >do exercises >nothing changes >still

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 1456255039195.png (9KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
1456255039195.png
9KB, 205x246px
>read loomis
>do exercises
>nothing changes
>still draw like shit
the fuck guys is this /ic/'s version of install gentoo?
>>
its /ic/'s version of SS+gomad
>>
>>3028674
it takes years and perseverance man
prepare to cry a lot
>>
>>3028674
Keys to Drawing, Loomis, and Draw a Box are the /ic/ holy trinity of go fuck yourself newfags.

Grinding just one won't get you that far. You should tackle Keys to Drawing first while grinding on Drawabox lesson 1-2 exercises. That'll teach you basic fundamentals. Then Loomis demonstrates rudimentary construction and anatomy. Then you grind for a few months on whatever things you wanna git gudder at drawing. THEN you're finally alright at art and can actually start seeing progress and results. Continue practicing for another 6 months and in a year you'll be good at drawing.

The first push is the hardest, it really is just establishing a routine and sticking with it.
>>
>>3028674
What did you expect to change and why do you think Loomis is the one to blame for the lack of said change? How can you be both a complete noob at drawing, yet you are already so full of yourself that you just know the problem must lie with the teacher and not with you?
>>
>>3028674
You've probably been drawing for like a week lmao
>>
>>3028688
I don't have a green pepper or a typewriter dafuq am I supposed to do?
>>
>>3028678
>prepare to cry a lot
This part is the most important part though. Unironically happens.
>>
>>3028677
that is surprisingly accurate
>>
File: Fun.jpg (74KB, 305x465px) Image search: [Google]
Fun.jpg
74KB, 305x465px
>mfw Loomis finally clicks after many years
>>
>>3028798
>>3028677
In that it is an effective way to do what it promises, but beginners have unrealistic expectations, fail and then blame the program?
>>
>>3028674
>wasted whole afternoon

rite?
>>
File: gitgud.jpg (8KB, 248x233px) Image search: [Google]
gitgud.jpg
8KB, 248x233px
You are still a beginner when you finish loomis + the sticky so get fucked
>>
>>3028824
It's for absolute beginners to rise up to beginner. Pretty good if I say so myself.
>>
>>3028824
well no shit, it's the theory you need to improve, but you still need to do the work to actually improve
>>
>>3028827
It's really not. Like learning anything in art - you have to do it more than once. You wont' absorb all of it in one go.

Artists can take the same classes over and over again in ateliers. Because anatomy etc. is so in depth and hard to absorb.

Art is brutally difficult, especially figure art. There are few crafts harder. It takes at least 10 years of solid practice to even be consistently decent for a lot of people.

Its also one of the few crafts that is arguably easier the older you are. The more mature your mind is, the more developed your brain etc. because knowing 'oh this is how you make art, its not going to change' and understanding the discipline involved, the problem solving involved, the ability to see things through to the finish etc. a lot of benefits come with age that help you in learning art. I believe, anyway.
>>
>>3028813
Exactly.
>>
>>3028674
Draw what you like from day 1 or you're ngmi. Apply the lessons you learn to it. Do exercises when you have to or when you get stuck, or when you see a weak area in your applied work. Don't fucking copy Loomis heads.

Just grinding won't teach you shit. You're not going to magically "level up" your 2d - 3d perception to where you can simply render anything in perfect perspectice like a god damn computer one day.

There is so much more to drawing than Loomis and boxes.

Daily line exercises will pay you dividends, and help you warm up. Odds are if you're a beginner & bad, your line control is pretty awful, which means your studies are just that much more wasted time.
>>
>>3028674
>>3029155
This advice is very good. In that, you'll probably remember more lessons if you learn them trying to create something you like/want to make.

Put that FIRST, mindless studying can come later when you viciously motivated, but doing what you want, and problem solving step by step, that I think is good advice and what I should have did when I started learning to draw.

I feel like I would have been way better, faster, if I'd done that and didn't fall into the studying trap.
>>
File: 1481295185000.gif (2MB, 425x550px) Image search: [Google]
1481295185000.gif
2MB, 425x550px
>>3028812
>don't draw for a year
>come back
>aw fuck I'm worse than before.
>NGMI
>maybe loomis can save my ass, re-read pages
>an angle off
>holy shit I can draw heads 5x better now (still shit though)
feels good mang. praise be to loomis-senpai
>>
>>3028813
>but beginners have unrealistic expectations, fail and then blame the program

true beginners are not to blame, nor Loomis are to blame either.
the real problem are the bastards here who mislead and discourage everyone who wants to start drawing, claiming that grinding the sticky is the only way to get gud. The saddest thing is that these idiots are beginners as well and way too far from their ridiculous expectations.

SS faggots are no different
>>
>>3029240
The sticky isn't the only way, but it's the easiest way to tell people how, without spending enormous amounts of time teaching them for no pay.

We aren't here to babysit every shithead who woke up this morning and decided they want to be an artist.
>>
>>3028813
Seconding this
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.