[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have any of you done something like this? Is it worth it despite

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot 2017-06-19 19.00.08.png (77KB, 1019x641px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2017-06-19 19.00.08.png
77KB, 1019x641px
Have any of you done something like this? Is it worth it despite being only 4 weeks. I cant take a longer one because I have to go to school in the fall but I figured it'd be good to take two things like this between now and August and attend my figure drawing studio. Any thoughts?
>>
>>3028266
bump
>>
>>3028266
Looks interesting. Haven't tried anything like it so I dunno.
>>
depends what you want, if you want to do concept art / anime / illustration like most of this board then it isn't the best use of your time
>>
>>3028478
Probably shouldve specified that. I want to go the Fine Arts route, mainly wondering about the efficacy of this short a time period. I know that occasionally there are some anons who are more into Fine arts than concept art (which is 90% of the board)

Or if anyone has any experience with a cast drawing class and if I could get something worthwhile out in in 4 weeks?
>>
>>3028266
You won't improve much over the course of 4 weeks especially if it is only once a week. If you have no experience in cast drawing though it should be enough time to give at least a beginning understanding of how to approach it though, and you can then continue to do it on your own afterwards. The only worryign thing is they claim to cover a ton of time periods that are very different from one another, so probably it means that the lessons will be rather superficial and the teacher may not be that expert in any of them.
>>
>>3028544
Do you think it would be an effective springboard for doing something like the Bargue manual on my own?
>>
>>3028266
yes i have, it was super super useful, like one of the most useful things i've done, highly recommend. obviously check into it to see if that particular one is good, but otherwise give it a go.
>>
>>3028578
Was yours short like this. Could you elaborate a bit more if you dont mind.
>>
>>3028573
Even if you don't get much practice, you will definitely learn some useful tricks
>>
>>3028266
I think I'll take it unless someone else chimes in otherwise.
>>
>>3028266
If you're willing to spend that much a month I'd sign up for the online classes from Jeff Watts instead.

And if you want to do something live, you can draw casts and statues for free - rather than that, try to find life-drawing classes with real models. Most cities have them and they are way cheaper usually (like 10 bucks at the door kind of deal) and you'll get more out of it probably.
>>
>>3029188
I already attend Minerva's Drawing studio twice a week. We draw from the live nude model for 3 hours. This is more of a fundamentals thing and a way to learn for more formal contemporary realism stuff.I know what I want from it. I'm just wondering if someone else has had experience with it and what its like.

I'll check out the Jeff Watts stuff though.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.