[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post ITT if you death grip your pencils/pens etc. I also press

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_5998.jpg (188KB, 792x792px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5998.jpg
188KB, 792x792px
Post ITT if you death grip your pencils/pens etc.

I also press down way too hard and it's an extremely difficult habit to break.
>>
>>3026475
I used to do this.

Get a 0.5 pencil and buy staedtler blue leads. It's the best cure.
>>
File: 1496425671172.png (489KB, 1089x522px) Image search: [Google]
1496425671172.png
489KB, 1089x522px
I snapped my tablet pen once.
I press hard a lot too unconsciously and only realise it when I need to do wide strokes on the screen.
>>
>>3026475
>tfw i dont press hard enough and the pen slips out of my hand ever 10 minutes
>tfw i sometimes wish i had the same issue as you guys
>>
File: 1475060934759.gif (774KB, 276x220px) Image search: [Google]
1475060934759.gif
774KB, 276x220px
>>3026480
>>3026523
How do you even do that without having a condition
>>
>>3026530
we are on a Taiwanese picture inspection forum, we all have conditions.
>>
I used to do this. I still do it to an extent with my tablet, because I'm not used to holding the pen at a more vertical angle compared to traditional, but it'll go away.

The secret is to simply hold the pen loosely, even if you feel like you have no control at all. Keep doing it for weeks on end and your lines will improve. Even if it doesn't feel like it's getting easier, it will over time. Avoid going back to your old form, and reassure yourself that it's the same thing as shooting yourself in the foot.

It won't feel right at first and your lines will blow major ass, but keep at it.
>>
>>3026476
Fpbp
>>
>Wrap Your Pens and Pencils with Foam for a Wider Grip

>Pens, pencils and brushes are just too slim for sustained use. The thinner the instrument the tighter your tendons must contract. Additionally, the last 50% of your finger’s contraction takes more energy than the first 50% of the contraction. Try it yourself by picking up raisin or other small object. Notice how easy it is to start the contraction but the last 50% of the movement requires more concentration, more strength, and more tension. Wide grips on your instruments negates the need for a full contraction. It also creates a grip with some give so it’s softer and more comfortable to use. The bounce back from the foam also provides a subconscious reminder to relax your grip even when you are stressed and rushing through to deadline. The same effect is experienced by teeth grinders who use a pliable mouth guard to stop their jaw from clamping down. I use 1/8 inch black foam rubber that I get at Orchard Supply and some high quality duct tape. Electrical tape also works.
>>
>>3026581
I doubt wrapping a pencil in foam is the worst thing you could do, but unless you have medical proof of what you're claiming....your'e just trying too fucking hard.
>>
I actually have the opposite problem and always find myself having to make tilt sensitivity super high and tip feel at its softest. It always fucking pisses me off because I don't press hard enough and get a tiny thin ass line most of the time.
>>
File: 51cnp2CYjfL._SY445_.jpg (10KB, 283x445px) Image search: [Google]
51cnp2CYjfL._SY445_.jpg
10KB, 283x445px
>>3027160
>your'e just trying too fucking hard.
How is that an insult?

It is a known fact that a thick grip is easier on the hand.
>>
>>3026475
i used to, seemed to have gotten over it lately, don't know how or why, i have always made an effort not to do it if i noticed that i was, so perhaps it just clicked idk.
>>
File: dz1113_foam_grip2.jpg (60KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
dz1113_foam_grip2.jpg
60KB, 800x800px
>>3026475
You might want to try hold your pencil differently for different things in your drawing. That way you might be able to get out of the death grip habit easier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMC0Cx3Uk84

Also, I recommend getting a foam grip too. I used to have a death grip when I was writing, and these helped me stop. I think the death grip came from thinking the pencil was slipping out of my hand, so the wideness and texture of these helped. Also, if you're developing a dark blister on your finger from your grip, these will make that go away. Don't know what the fuck this is though >>3026581, I just use the cheap foam ones at the store.
>>
>>3026475
This is something I'm dealing with right now. I'm 99% sure gripping too hard is the cause of me feeling some faint tennis-elbow symptoms. It's not really hard habit to break though. Once you go hours gripping the pen lightly, it'll feel weird to grip it hard.
>>
>>3027300
Also, you put these grips on your tablet pens too. I'm thinking of getting these egg shaped ones for my tablet. I think they might allow me to hold the pen more traditionally.
>>
>>3026475
I do this on tablet for some reason, but on traditional I've learned to become aware of when I'm pressing too hard and consciously loosen my grip. It rarely happens anymore.

Also using overhand grip doesn't allow for hard pressing and will teach you to draw lightly. Lastly, check if your pencil is dark enough for you. If it isn't then that could be why you are pressing hard on it.
>>
>>3026530
Was playing around with it and its a Ugee pen, aka china quality build.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.