[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello ladies and germs Bought one of these when they first came

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

Hello ladies and germs

Bought one of these when they first came out and then never used it. I'm more of an ink and paper artist and I thought I'd remain there. But, I'm thinking now that some digital work could be cool to produce.

Literally never used one of these. Give me some stuff to doodle as I learn the basics plz.

>also not used to art software
>am using GIMP
>literally blind
>>
>>3024945
don't use gimp, it's one of the worst software that exists (and I'm not talking about worst photo editing software, I'm talking about worst software, period.)

For drawing try Krita or firealpaca instead, both of which are also available for free.

For inspiration / drawing prompts you better try a /beg/ thread here on /ic/, or a draw thread over at /b/.
>>
Draw a sheep.
>>
>>3024945
>>3024947 is good advice. try to get used to drawing on a tablet, so draw about everything that comes to mind.
>>
>>3024947
>>3024954
thanks, will do.
Currently have GIMP already on my comp, so will do >>3024953
with it
>>3024953
comin right up
>>
File: sheep.png (918KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
sheep.png
918KB, 1024x768px
>>3024953
sheep

learned about colors kinda
learned the native brushes in gimp are shit
learned how to draw a sheep.

how do people get the nice brushy looking lines like in webcomiics and doodles?
>>
>>3024973
Nice sheep.
Most webcomic authors I've seen talk about their brushes just recommend a plain hard round brush. What kind of lines do you mean?
>>
File: 1.png (412KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
412KB, 1600x1200px
>>3025024
your avg cutesy webcom with no hard lines, just lots of thick smooth lines and whatnot.

I can't think of an immediate example, so nvm.

that sheep was my first digital thing ever. i dl'd krita like the dude said and its instantly better that the gimp
>>
File: sad.png (670KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
sad.png
670KB, 1600x1200px
im really sad
>>
>>3024945
Its a learning curve.

If u dont wanna learn a tablet buy a cintiq save urself the stress.
>>
I was about to make a topic, I was looking to buy a tablet, the "next" model over that OP posted, Intuos Pro or something, with buttons on the left side the model ID was hard to memorize.

I need advice, I am an hobbyist but I got the will to use it. Used to own a bamboo, but I felt it was impractical (lack of buttons, small). It sells for a over 200€ here. Also wondering if it's recommended at all.

Also wondering if it's worth buying PS over pirating it...
>>
>>3024945
my favorite part about this tablet is how it stops working after only a couple months, with no way to fix it.
>>
File: 1339422083767.jpg (25KB, 375x281px) Image search: [Google]
1339422083767.jpg
25KB, 375x281px
>>3024945
>am using GIMP
>>
>>3025343
dl Krita for free and the pad in OP post is $100
>>
>>3025353
Maybe it would have lasted longer if you stopped masturbating all over it.
>>
>>3025353
ive had mine for over a year and it's worked perfectly fine the whole time
>>
File: baa.png (20KB, 389x383px) Image search: [Google]
baa.png
20KB, 389x383px
>>3024973
Did you enable pressure sensitivity in GIMP?

I used to use GIMP, but then after one update, the UI became annoying af. Now I use myPaint, which also has great brushes.

Pic drawn in gimp to emphasize the pressure sensitivity thing idk
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.