[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any professional artists who lurk on /ic/? Or

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

Are there any professional artists who lurk on /ic/?
Or is it just beginners.
>>
define professional
>>
>>3010596
>>
>>3024292
You can make a living off your art.
>>
>>3024289
I do.
>>
>>3024289
There's some for sure, but to my knowledge no famous artists come here with any regularity.
>>
Ruan Jia reportin' in.
>>
>>3026497
Going to need proof
>>
File: 28bw1gv7nf3x[1].jpg (224KB, 1125x1575px) Image search: [Google]
28bw1gv7nf3x[1].jpg
224KB, 1125x1575px
>>3026516
>>
I'm pro
>>
Hey fellas, Vilppu here. AMA?
>>
Sakimichan here, fuck loomis LOL
>>
>>3026559
cringe meme
>>
>>3026552
how many forms have you felt in your lifetime
>>
>>3024310
So shad..
>>
>>3024289
http://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/justmegabenewell/
>>
>>3026744
how many slices of breads have you eaten in your lifetime?

next question
>>
No. The actual pros who live off their art, i doubt they visit this forum.

But there are lots of pro level artists who shit talk here every day. Im one of them. I dont live off my art but i have had a few gud gigs in the past.
>>
>>3024289
There are. They just never get too chummy because that's not what 4chan is. Faggot.
>>
>>3026497
Haha Mullins here aka Mully-C aka the-big-kahoona xP
Ruan whens the next time u coming over boy i miss that sweet tight boyhole of yours
>>
I work professionally as an illustrator for games (vidya and card), books, magazines etc. I come here because the anonymity and shitposting are so refreshing, as opposed to the environment of self promotion, big brand shilling and asskissing on facebook/artstation. Some of the loudest laughs in my life were triggered by a post on 4chan. I occasionally supply a paintover/critique on here , which gives me good feels, then someone like nosebro tells me to kms. I love it here, even if this place is toxic. I found /ic/ last winter.
>>
File: 1.jpg (4MB, 2712x4000px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
4MB, 2712x4000px
Im right here plebs
>>
>>3024289
I can't draw for shit. I make more than most people designing some small parts of games.

I used to talk professional topics and suggest career advice (not how to paint but get a job).

I stopped. Too toxic and too many trolls.
>>
>>3027938
I want career advice
>>
>>3027941
>>3027915
ask this guy
>>
>>3027915
What do videogame illustrators do? Do you just draw cover/box art?
>>
>>3027938
Sorry to hear that, /ic/ can be toxic. It's cool that you have a job working in the industry. May I ask, how did you get your first job and what did you do to gain exposure?
>>
>>3024289
I am a professional designer. I have only made like 2.5-3k since starting six months ago though (after graduating)
>>
>>3027970
For vidya, cover art, box art, loading screens, other illustrations appearing in games, card/board games are self explanatory.
>>3027973
First job - I sent an email to an editor of a magazine that used illustrations with their articles. I linked to my portfolio and asked if they need any work done. They hired me for one illustration, then another, then other clients started approaching me, that first one was the only one I approached. People from other publications and games saw my work on the net and hired me afterwards.
>>
>>3028029
damn it, I'm not this anon>>3027938
I'm this one>>3027915 and mistook the question for one addressed to me, sorry.
>>
>>3028031
Thank you!
>>
>>3027915
kill yourself
>>
File: kys.jpg (256KB, 702x550px) Image search: [Google]
kys.jpg
256KB, 702x550px
>>3028070
careful now...
>>
>>3028082

That case was a lot more than "kill yourself", she repeatedly goaded him and talked him back into it every time he wanted to back out, because she wanted to get kudos for her grieving.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (217KB, 2362x683px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
217KB, 2362x683px
>>3024289
low-tier professional here

It does not matter. /ic/ is for wasting time, not for drawing. :)

>>3027915
>Some of the loudest laughs in my life were triggered by a post on 4chan.
That's kinda disturbing. Please don't neglect your IRL social life.

>>3027997
Keep at it, job hunt a lot. You'll get repeat clients after a while.
>>
>>3028180
Any tips on where to start from? I'm from a third world country if that makes any difference
>>
>>3028249
>a third world country
Your English sounds good, so if you communicate well you're ahead of your competition already. Plus your cost of living is lower, right?

Reddit: /r/hungryartists

Upwork: takes a long time to get started due to review system, don't give up, send people attachments of work related to their job.

< pic is Upwork

Try to find small or new board game publishers/developers (Kickstarter, Linkedin, stand lists of board game conventions ...) and email them. Offer to do a single illustration test run at a 50% discount or so to get them hooked. Use a contract for these gigs after the test run.

You will get rejected most of the time, but when you get your first gig and you can cram out 6+ cards a week, they'll come back.

Figure out your brand. Mine is: "I draw anything and everything and deliver within a week." (in other words, I don't do gorgeous Ruan Jia style things, but they can hire me for any of their projects, I communicate very well and I deliver quickly.) Someone else could be "I take a month to deliver but it's the most detailed shit ever and oh btw that's why it's $2000 a piece."

Remember to keep clients updated with WIPs if it takes more than three days to finish. They get antsy from radio silence.

Oh, also let your friends and family know that you're open for freelance. They could tip you off on job openings and stuff.

Shit, that reminds me, a friend tipped me off on a vacancy a while back and I completely forgot to email the company. Derp.
>>
>>3028180
>Some of the loudest laughs in my life were triggered by a post on 4chan.
>That's kinda disturbing. Please don't neglect your IRL social life.

not that anon, but lay off them, 4chan is great at times for laughing about shit society (normies) would otherwise deem insensitive and non PC, especially in the oh so sensitive art community. You definitely can't be as open with your peers especially professional ones, as you are here.
>>
>>3029238
>You definitely can't be as open with your peers
you have shitty peers.
>>
The majority of attainable-level professionals on 4Chan (as in they can make a decent living of their art and have a good following but they're not some art god among art gods) are on /cgl/ of all places, actually. I think the artist alley threads are something like 75-25 on people who focus on fanart and people who focus on original art.
>>
I'm a painter in the fine art world of new york
>>
I want to illustrate and publish my own children's book one day. Is it like regular books where you draft and edit the entire book as best you can and then pitch it to companies accepting submissions?
>>
>>3030113
From the thumbnail I thought he had a huge nutsack hanging out of his shorts.
>>
File: 23 (2).jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
23 (2).jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
is being a professional doofus a profession
>>
>>3030161
cant believe i was so worried i sent you a fucking email. Kill yourself.
>>
I work doing digital figurine sculpting and I get to do graphic design for my company whenever they need it. I'm the go to graphic designer haha.
My online presence isn't as impressive though hahaha
>>
I got hung in the Archibald Prize one year
>>
>>3028180
wow that fee looks big
>>
>>3028280

>/r/ HungryArtist

Wew, this gives me hope.
>>
>>3028280
kinda curious on how writing up a contract goes, like how indepth should they be, do you literally just open up microsoft word and type one up or is there a template or something, etc.
>>
>>3030173
>I work doing digital figurine sculpting

for a toy company?
>>
>>3024289
I wouldn't consider myself a professional, but I am a featured popular artist on line webtoon.
>>
>>3026497
Oh man! -
I love your work .
>>
>>3030639
Yup, its a good job too
>>
>>3031865
if you dont mind me asking, how'd you get in and how long have you been working in the industry? can you get by with only traditional sculpting or do they all want digital skills now? i've probably got more questions but i can't think of any right now, do you have a throwaway email i can ask you Qs with later?
>>
>>3027246
Nice reference!

[spoiler]DIO[/spoiler]
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.