[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trying to draw an overhead view of London heading out towards

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: LoD1_0003.jpg (625KB, 1664x1109px) Image search: [Google]
LoD1_0003.jpg
625KB, 1664x1109px
Trying to draw an overhead view of London heading out towards the Thames, I can't find a decent 3D model because they're all pay to use things.

Anyone got anything like it or general tips on drawing a cityscape? Shits hard to get started and I want to get it accurate to how it looks.
>>
Plus the whole vanishing point perspective thing, I've never liked it, but I get why it's needed.
>>
>>3022830
Just make your own 3d model. Should be quite fast in sketchup to just have simple blocks for buildings.
>>
File: 2017-06-15 17_45_44.jpg (614KB, 1763x957px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-15 17_45_44.jpg
614KB, 1763x957px
>>3022830
Why not google earth?
The 3D feature is pretty accurate.
>>
File: ClipstudioPaint.webm (328KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ClipstudioPaint.webm
328KB, 1280x720px
>>3022858
That's why you should use a real drawing software and not that cuck photoshop shit.
>>
>>3022858
you're a fucking scrub that needs to study your loomis
>>
>>3022917
Great advice, memelord, because manga software will draw if for him, right?
>>
>>3022917
>All those awful tangents.
>Cheating programs do not an artist make.
>>3022926
There is WAY more to art than fundies.
Lines in webm related all have correct fundies, but they are still shit-ass garbage.
>>
>>3022917
Also seeing somebody use the word cuck is an excellent way to conclusively determine that nothing they say is worth listening to.
>>
>>3022830
Have you search for arial shots of London on Flickr, or any other sites like that?

No, you didn't, because I just did, and got a TON of images that would work.

Here's some advice: learn to search for things. When I started out (I'm old), all we had for reference was the National Geographic, and the library, or our own eyes. You have the Internet, and millions of sources, most of them free. Stop using forums to hold your hand, and learn to problem solve. Don't pick the easiest solution, in this case 3D files, and learn to research.

Trust me. Nobody will hold your hand, if you try to work commercially.
>>
>>3023189
Especially when the OP didn't even mention software, this dunce is so butthurt over Photoshop, he was compelled to post.

It's more his mental illness than anything, really. Or extreme neckbeardism, where everyone has to do everything he does, or he throws a tantrum.

I mean, Manga Studio is good stuff, but I've grown to despise it, because of the average user here, because they're all insufferable assholes.
>>
>>3022890
The 3D feature for Google Earth would work, but it doesn't cover the outer bouroughs from the Thames. Say, Grays, or Brentwood.

A shame because it would be incredibly useful otherwise.

>>3023196
You're a bit of a moron. Of course I did, none of those aerial shots suited what I was looking for, I need to be able to 'make' a shot off a 3D model.
>>
>>3022830
How big will the drawing be? And I wouldn't worry about getting it accurate, facade changes, buildings get renovated or burned.

I'd bounce between google earth and map and guess where the stuff would go.

If you really want accuracy, the only way I can think of is creating a site model in Vectorworks, you could download the contour and building height data from Digimap. However, you would need access to a university email.
>>
File: 1422939813501.jpg (51KB, 446x400px) Image search: [Google]
1422939813501.jpg
51KB, 446x400px
>>3023189
cuck detected
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.