[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>apply to sheridan >get marking sheet >20 points above

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 14639982860240.png (95KB, 241x228px) Image search: [Google]
14639982860240.png
95KB, 241x228px
>apply to sheridan
>get marking sheet
>20 points above cutoff
>put on waiting list
>still on waiting list
how fuck am i bois
>>
>>3022397
I dunno dude. I didn't make it and I probably won't re-apply. They were really hazy with their acceptance process, the whole" It's not if your good, it's the amount of potential we perceive in your work" is vague at best and disheartening at the most. I never received anything back though. No marking rubric, no feedback, no letter telling me I didn't make it. I had to go in my online file to check and thats how I found out my mark was under required. And I don't know my weak points so I don't know where I need to focus on improving. it has been stupidly frustrating

that being said, 20 points above the cutoff is good, and if some people move to animation there might be room. good luck to you. If you don't mind me being invasive, do you have a blog so I can see your current level? at least you passed so I can see what to shoot for
>>
>>3022418
https://www.artstation.com/artist/sbrg0

i get really fucked on breadth, some scary shit man. i hope i get in
>>
>>3022436
I like your stuff. I hope you get in too. Your smooth rendering reminds me of mrjack in a way. you are now bookmarked in my cool artist tab since I don't actually have an art station. You should post more since your last stuff was 5 months ago

I think I still have a fair amount of distance before I get to your level. cheers senpai
>>
>>3022439
thanks buddy, you can try next year, i trust you'll get in. idk why sheridan is SUPER anal this year
>>
>>3022397
Hello fellow Sheridan person. That's actually not bad, not a lot of people get on the waiting list to begin with. Especially out of the sheer hundreds if not thousand people all trying to get in.

You apply to illustration or animation?

Anyways, wait list goes all the way till the first week of class...just got to wait. Deadline for deposits was yesterday I think, so anyone who didn't pay is probably off the list now, making space for wait list people. If anything, just got to try again, it means you are close.

>>3022418

Yeah I don't get the acceptance thing either. I somehow got in (animation)...yet compared to my peers who didn't get in, I can barely draw. I honestly don't know how that happened.

>>3022451
Think it's cause several people apparently cheated last year.
>>
>>3022544

>Deadline for deposits was yesterday

If that's true that is super lit holy. I was frantically checking emails/mystudent cause I thought it was the fifth

>Think it's cause several people apparently cheated last year.

Whoa, didn't know that. I know a ton of talented people that got rejected/waitlisted.
>>
Wouldn't surprise me if old Dick himself would get rejected today.

> not enough potenshul
>>
>>3022451
They must be, everyone around me was surprised I didn't make it either. Even my gf who got in it last year thought my work was good. I took art fundamentals at Mohawk and was top of the class for almost everything, everyone was shocked. I don't think I'm that great but a lot of people had hope in me. Sucks letting everyone down
>>3022544
I would believe that some people cheated to get in last year. Looking at some of the people in the class, they are not very good. It's a shame some people stoop to that level because it displaces people that deserve it
>>
File: received_1558170947529114.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
received_1558170947529114.gif
1MB, 480x270px
I was in illustration, in my opinion its not worth the money. Youre not guarenteed to find a job afterwards, most of my ex classmates are either still unemployeed or are doing hipster tattoo apprenticeships im toronto. Which is a job thats easy to get on your own.
The earlier core courses are geared towards you doing editorial style illustrations for magazines, based on wordplay or clever visual associations. Your profs will likely pick a few students they really like and spend most of their time talking with them. You do alot of critiques throughout the year, but mostly that will be advice from your classmates who are at similar levels to you. Honestly, this is reflection you could do yourself.
The only parts in my opinion that are useful are the life painting and drawing classes where you have models come in and you get to work from real reference for 3 hours at a time. Ted Zourntos is a good painting prof and he will go over some contemporary artists that are famous, stuff you could find on akimbo or in popular galleries online.
Tldr; do real life studies with real paints and media, experiment with different media til you find something you can build on to make your style, and maybe move over to digital after. You wont even touch digital art til third year, except for rudimentary photoshop and graphic design courses (making a poster for a local band, designing appealing wine labels).

Anyways just wanted to share a bit from what I gathered. I wish I saved my money time and bought a cintiq instead of tuition. Most important thing about school again was the real life reference, but its nothing you cant find in your local art studio. Dont worry about not getting in, they get alot of applications and dont always make the right choice. Save u money lads thats my 2 cents
>>
>>3022850
would you say this also applies to the animation program?

Honestly only reason I'm doing animation is cause I sucked so much at self teaching myself. Spent years unknowingly teaching myself a lot of bad habits that I'm still struggling to break. I didn't know any better cause I had no one to tell me otherwise....aside from being told my art looked bad. Also found that I work much better with instruction.

Taking art fundies for a year at Sheridan also kinda helped with that. On top of that, daily extra life drawing was a blessing. Was surprised how little people took advantage of that. 3 hours of life drawing, almost 6 days a week? It's funny cause the room was near empty all year, then come portfolio time, it's full to the brim. After portfolio, empty again.
>>
>>3022850
I also did illustration there and ended up dropping out because it was pretty subpar in my opinion and a waste of money.
>>
>>3022898
Yeah, the life drawing is super awesome. I remember going a couple times a week for my first 3 years at sheridan. Im probably gonna come back for the saturday long painting poses when they start up in september because i still live in town.
Animation students generally do alot better than illustration. The program is very well known and people seem to lump the two programs falliciously. Most people I know are working in the industry now and im kinda kicking myself for not going that route myself. Its hard work but really cool seeing as you get to produce shorts with other classmates in the later years leading to some really cool stuff being made.

>>3022904
I dropped out as well during third year. Did you go into a different program now or are you just solo studying like me?
>>
>>3022924
I dropped out of first year, and this was a few years ago. I just continued self teaching and freelancing for a while, and now I work in a studio.
>>
>>3022934
Thats great! Can i ask how you applied to the job or whatever?
>>
>>3022954
I just applied to a bunch of places whenever there was an opening I fit for. Eventually I got one. This might be of use to you if you're looking for something here in Canada: https://orcahq.com/jobs?country=Canada
>>
>>3022980
Woops, forgot to check the filter on the right for "Art" and "Design". You can check off which cities you want too.
>>
I was in Animation, dropped it in third year. I honestly wouldn't recommend it unless you really want to do animation related work. For entertainment design you are better off taking online mentor-ships.
>>
>>3022980
Perfect dude exactly what i was looking for
>>
>>3022821
I'm sure no one feels let down. Go easier on yourself.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.