[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm having a really hard time doing comparative measurement.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: 25.jpg (44KB, 770x636px) Image search: [Google]
25.jpg
44KB, 770x636px
I'm having a really hard time doing comparative measurement. I can do sight-size just fine, but I don't know if by not being able to do comparative measurement, I'm missing out on anything.
>be me
>attempt comparative
>accidentally switch to sight-size while drawing
>giant eyes, tiny face, etc. etc.

Is it just practice?
>>
>>3022355
Just focus more and do a light underdrawing of the general proportions, erasing and correcting it when you notice mistakes. Comparative measurement is quite easy and shouldn't take long to learn, especially if you can sight size already.
>>
>>3022355
try comparing things on the page
>>
mark out two rough lines on the significant landmarks, i.e hairline and bottum of chin, then one cutting vertically. what's halfway? perhaps, if you're lucky the bottum of the nose, otherwise it shouldn't be too hard to find a shine or a birthmark somewhere. mark that. half it again, you should find some landmarks on lips/eyes etc. now you have horizontal plumb lines, which is easy enough. anything that falls onto those 8 lines you can be almost sure about. mark them in.

the hard part is connecting the angles. stick out your arm and find the angle from, for example, the bottum of the nose to corner of lip, or corner of eye. if the angle of your pencil doesn't match your paper, go back to the landmarks you are certain about, try again.

here's a rough example i've done of the angles you should measure
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.