[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /ic/ which one is more difficult, digital drawing or

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

File: newthreat.jpg (170KB, 1074x606px) Image search: [Google]
newthreat.jpg
170KB, 1074x606px
So /ic/ which one is more difficult, digital drawing or traditional drawing?
>>
>>3019745
traditional, not even up for debate
>>
>>3019746
ive heard of people that have trouble with digital even trought they know how to use it
>>
learning how to draw and paint digitally is harder but the actual drawing process is easier than traditional
>>
>>3019746

Lies.

It's clearly digital. That slight disconnect from the drawing makes it noticeably harder.

All the more difficult if you're not using a tablet monitor.
>>
I find it easier to learn by studying on paper and then doing my actual paintings digitally. I just prefer the digital medium for painting but believe it serves muscle memory better to use pencil and paper.
As for hardness... Digital is easier, but harder to get it to look as good as traditional in terms of visual appeal. Though it depends on the style.
>>
Traditional is like a chess game. Memorize how the pieces move and interact, and plan your moves precisely because there are no take-backs.

Digital is like COD. Smoke a bowl and grab the controller. Rapid hand-eye coordination. If you die, you're back in the game 5 seconds later.

Not saying one is better. Just that chess is more prestigious and COD is more fun.
>>
>>3019745
>digital
>can use reference through a layer below
>can use ANY effect automatically, don't have to actual draw it or learn how to do it
>digital is harder

Yep, bro, you are a pro.
>>
>>3019745
I approach both the same way. I don't like using layers or effects or any of that shit.

For drawing, there's no real fuckin difference unless you're going to be a bitch about it. But then I never fuck up my lines traditionally, and digitally it seems like if you're going for perfect lines, you can get fucked.

But for painting, traditional is about a billion times harder. Even forgetting ctrl+z and layers and shit, everything to do with mixing paints and making sure you have the right amount in advance, and every fuckup is costly, just way harder.

It'd only be comparable if your tablet was in a fucking bear trap or something.
>>
>>3019833
this is a pretty good post
>>
>>3019745
Traditional because no matter what medium you use, if you have poor control it's going to suck. Digital at least you can undo or flawlessly erase mistakes that would otherwise ruin a good piece. However traditional is better for attracting normies if you don't do concept art or fanart.
>>
>>3019947
>my first priority is not my finished work, but how much I get my cock stroked for how hard was what I did
if you want to work hard and not smart is your own problem
>>
>>3019745
digital is for hacks...or people who do it specifically for a job.

Outside of a real and professional and WELL paying job, digital art is for hacks.
>>
>>3019745
Look, it is very simple for good artists:

Traditional art gets you laid (granted you aren't a piece of shit)

Digital art doesn't get you laid at all.
>>
>>3019746
/thread

digital "artists" kill your selves
>>
In traditional you have to account for a fuckton of stuff people doing digital never think about. You also need to plan ahead and mistakes are a lot more costly.

That being said, digitalfaggotry is its own can of worms. It feels a lot less natural to draw on tablet than on canvas. You need to get familiar with quite a lot of functions and switch between them fluently for fast workflow. Some effects are a lot harder to achieve digitally and you have to work around it.

Still traditional is a fuckton more difficult.
>>
Drawing lines is easier traditionally. Painting is easier digitally.
>>
>>3019746
agreed
>>
>>3020010
Art doesn't get you laid.
>>
>>3020235
Not you because you probably suck. Women always want me to undress them and pose them for my drawings. I suppose it depends on your level and style...
>>
>>3019761
This
>>
>>3020075
Non-retard detected.
>>
The physical mechanics of digital are more difficult but traditional mediums are much less forgiving.
>>
>>3019745
I find it way more difficult to draw digitally.
Maybe it's because I have a shit tablet.
Or maybe because I'm shit.
>>
Learning digital is harder than traditional, if only because of the inherent disconnection of hand to art that traditional doesn't have. Especially so if you're on a shitty toaster with tremendous lag and a chinkshit sub-$150 tablet with shittier drivers.
>>
>>3020513
What the fuck are you babbling about? I have a pen, pencil and paper...
>>
>>3019745
AHAHAHA

Just look at the number of people amazing with digitals and then look at the people amazing with traditional.

It's traditional, digital is far more easier cause you can correct anything even when the product is full finished, in traditional if you screw something, be it an arm, or a bigger head, of a pause that is less dynamic that it should be, either you have to redo EVERYTHING or you have to accept the flaw even though you see it. In digital you just have to do a few manipulations and head gets bigger, arm thinner, and so on.

Challenge me if you wish, most people use digital and have to say out of pride that it's harder but it's not true and I use both digital and traditional, i went to digital for coloring and stayed for the easy drawing.
>>
>>3020513
basically this
traditional is intuitive and quick and easy compared to trying to get the lines right on a tablet unless you have a really good one.
>>
>>3020535
What the fuck are YOU babbling about? We are talking about digital art.
>>
>>3019746
This. Digital has so much freedom.
>>
Depends on the money

If you have shitloads digital will be easier, if you have no money the good luck with your $100 tablet, toaster and below 1080p monitor.
Traditional is the other way around
You have pencil and paper, you can begin, but if you want to get professional and start buying a lot of things to draw you are going to have to learn how to use all that shit on top of applying the skill and learning it.

Either way I'm a firm believer that
Quality of the art > Practicality > Effort
>>
>>3020622
well once you're actually good at drawing traditional is definitely easier, I'm talking about line drawing and sketching now with a pencil as apposed to a non-screen tablet.

There's no competition, it feels more natural and you can actually see exactly where the fuck your line is going whereas I'm half guessing on digital most of the time and have to keep hitting ctrl z. And also obviously the line is exactly the same length as your stroke and digital is either smaller or bigger.

But for finished paintings yea ofc digital is more forgiving
>>
>>3020235
speak for yourself
>>3020303
this actually happens when you're good and not too autistic
>>
>>3019833
fuckn lol
>>
>>3019811
literally takes a month or so to completely get used to.
sorry you're slow, anon
>>
>>3020838
I suppose it takes that long to forget how smooth and intuitive traditional feels and adjust your expectations down. But once you pick up a pencil again you'll remember what you've been missing.
>>
>>3020838
doesn't matter how used to it you are, still will never be like traditional
>>
>>3020838

I work on a tablet monitor every day, idiot. It's how I pay my bills. Believe me, I'm USED to it.

Pencil and pen still give more control. It's why I like to conceptualize on paper.
>>
they're practically different skill sets, it's like asking what's easier, building clay models or using a tattoo gun to tattoo someone. it differs person to person based on the persons aptitude and what they have more experience using.
>>
>>3020952
They're not, though, they're really similar.

If the fundamentals were non-transferable they wouldn't be called "fundamentals". What a cop-out answer, anon.
>>
>>3020955
I mean, maybe a better comparison would be tattooing vs painting or something. yeah, fundementals and knowledge about form and visual memory is completely transferable from each medium but it feels differently.
>>
>>3019745
Probably traditional. I do feel, however, that having colours and emotion "pop" from digital is way harder than traditional so I guess it depends on the person and if they're better with composition or colours, but overall I'd still say traditional since there's no ctrl+alt+z.
>>
There is no difference. You'll produce a drawing equal to your skill level no matter if you use digi or trad assuming you've had enough practice with a tablet to feel comfortable
>>
My art is far better traditionally than digitally

I just fucking can't into digital drawing, trying my damn hardest to learn tho
>>
>>3019745
>drawing
Digital. If you are not using cintiq, drawig way harder on tablet. Beacuse lines never be correct. Most of little touches for seeing where is your coursor makes annoying dots. You cant see your own fingers or hand. Its need really good eye-hand coordination. Esspacially if your are using cheap shit tablet like me.
>coloring
traditional. because there is no CTRL+Z in real life and colors couldnt erase easy as pencil.

Thats why i always draw on paper then scan it. Yes basicly i draw same shit 2 times but its worth it.

Note: I have obbsesive compulsive disorder so maybe i can make big deals the little shits
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.