[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>this is considered high art by art connosiuers >this is

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

>this is considered high art by art connosiuers
>this is acclaimed work done by a respected artist known for his talent and skills
>>
I've always maintained a healthy dislike of Modigliani. Of course, it has to be viewed in context, with the rest of his oeuvre... that's only fair.
>>
I know right its not super realistic and its all just expression and colour what bullshit work on rendering and loomis etc etc etc.

Just shut the fuck up.
>>
>>3019591
How about you stop caring so much about what other people are doing and just focus on what you are doing in your life. I am not defending the OP's image but I just don't care if its good or bad because I am already worried enough about my own work if it is good or not. This is just meaningless bitching.
>>
>>3019617
This is just meaningless bitching.
>>
>>3019629
Thought I made some good points there, oh well back to drawing.
>>
>>3019591
how come when it comes to art people are proud when they don't like something

>check out me guys, guess what, picasso is lame, aren't i the coooolest!

>andy warhol? i only see pictures by him in my day to day life 2 or 3 times a week! he's not even an artist in my book! look at me!

>modigliani, dats not da loomis i no! i best!
>>
>>3019647
Wow. A lot of artists are hyped up beyond what they actually are and take on a different value of what it is. It's called culture. The only reason modigliana is high art is because people fell in love with his unremarkable tragic story; they put into him a high value because he knew Picasso, because he died young and poor, and because his wife killed herself by jumping off a building. As an artist he is unremarkable.

But go ahead and keep drinking the look aid.
>>
>>3019665
guess what, art is about context, not "skill"
>>
>>3019670
being good at drawing, painting etc, means you're skilled, it doesn't mean you're an artist
>>
>>3019670
Guess what? No it isn't, you faggot.

>this guy sucks at acting
>omg it's about the context
>this guy's sentences don't even make sense
>this is literally just shit on a canvas
>>
>>3019591
I literally touched his picture of Leopold z with my oily fingertips when the staff wasn't looking. I kind of feel ashamed by not really. Touching history makes me feel special and involved.
>>
Soutine was clearly the superior Expressionist Jew.
>>
>>3019665
>But go ahead and keep drinking the look aid.
this is so clever and yet it just doesn't hit the mark for some reason. I just had to make a post to give you 10/10 for it though.
>>
>>3019715
>this guy's sentences don't even make sense
But this is literally true.
>>
>>3019734
>has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like
>>
>>3019665
>the only reason

Goes on to name many reasons.
>>
>>3019756
>doesn't know how to greenest
>doesn't know what a semicolon does

It's the unremarkable story, the rest is just detailing the singular thing that is his unremarkable and very common story. Except the whole knowing Picasso thing, that wasn't so common but regardless Picasso knew his bartender too but the bartender wasn't a wannabe artist.
>>
>>3019736
t. James Joyce
>>
>>3019591
What's wrong with it?
>>
dueeede it's so different,,, it's got like squares instead of eyes woah
>>
>>3019665
> unremarkable tragic story
> OMG his life was so shit, let's love his art just because

Personly I believe esthetic is something universal, in the eyes of everyone who looks for it.
But in a pragmatic way, the esthetic in his work isn't worth his fame or the money it costs, not if you consider many other works that express beauty and context much better than his.

If he is an exemple of fine artist, then it's acceptable that people question the real value of today's concept of fine art, like OP does. The work posted by OP describe less beauty and more a trend between minor circles with either pretentioness or dubious interests like washing money.
>>
>>3019782
flat smybols
>>
>>3019670
Not true at all...
Michelangelo's David is about context, not "skill"?
>>
>>3019909
What squares?
>>
>>3019591

all this shit art is popular BECAUSE it's horrendous. rich people don't want to have the same tastes as proles. they don't want to hang up art in their homes that plebs would like. they want to spend more money than you'll ever see on art that you think is ugly. that's how they know they're more sophisticated and cultured than you.
>>
File: IMG_20170615_225634_695.jpg (58KB, 694x694px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170615_225634_695.jpg
58KB, 694x694px
Graffifi fag here, this tard on instagram keeps calling me a toy (equivalent of driving a spear through a taggers heart) and hes fucking terrible, i know im not fucking Banksy or a fucking veteran, but i know im better, thats him in the picture above, will post my own hitups as a response to thread, in all honesty, whos the better toy?
>>
>>3023404
Sorry meant to post on board
>>
ok?
>>
File: 1496158311684.jpg (1MB, 1280x1798px) Image search: [Google]
1496158311684.jpg
1MB, 1280x1798px
>>3019611
salty?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.