[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I finished my first painting ever. I know it's not good

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3759.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3759.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I finished my first painting ever. I know it's not good but this just finishing my first feels really special to me. Tear me apart/give me pointers on how to not suck this much in the future.
>>
File: IMG_3759.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3759.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
Here's the right side up one. I forgot posting from the side sucks so badly.
>>
There's not much to say other than learn how to properly post your pictures and submit them into the right thread (/beg/). Sage.
>>
Hmm what kinda thing were you going for? something edgy and stylized or were you trying to get it looking realistic?
>>
>>3019533
Nah, i never liked realistic paintings all that much so it was supposed to be stylized.
>>
>>3019503
My first reaction and I only ever go by my first initial reaction in critiquing art BTW, is that black people cause cancer. I find this very problematic and think you are a potential racist.
>>
>>3019542
Its nice and its hard to criticize something trying to be stylized but id maybe focus on your lines silhouettes can be really nice just get some crisp lines and work with appealing angles maybe use some reference
>>
it doesn't look like you paid attention to your composition or even your brush strokes. you seem to be lacking intent in every avenue. also there are parts of the canvas that haven't even been covered by paint. the hair on the back of the head and the nose are good examples of this. you typically don't want to leave that much of the canvas exposed, it looks amateurish. another tip would be to lay down your background, at least the basic shapes, first. the halo effect around the head and the cigarette shows that the background was just an afterthought, the grey blobs push the figure back because youre enveloping the figure with the background instead of placing the figure in front of it.

but yeah in general this just isn't interesting to look at.
>>
>>3019642
Thanks for the pointers, i have a lot to learn and seeing constructive shit like this helps
>>
>>3019510
Painting wise, i think you just need to find the brushes and techniques that work for you. Sometimes you can know anatomy but not be able to paint because of lack of knowledge of technniques.Theres not much I can say because I don't know whether it was meant to look like that. I feel that the black/grey would look much better if it was more solid, however.
Obviously you gotta study loomis. The face is anatomically incorrect but I get the feeling you already know that.

I agree with anon
>>3019642

Next time post in /beg/!
>>
File: tumblr_lvfjtvFpGx1qed6lno1_1280.jpg (259KB, 901x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lvfjtvFpGx1qed6lno1_1280.jpg
259KB, 901x1280px
>>3019510
My first painting.

Do a sketch before painting. And watch plenty of tutorials on youtube.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.