[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you do if you went on /ic/ and there was a big thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

What would you do if you went on /ic/ and there was a big thread all about how much you and your art sucks ass?

How should an artist react if they have to deal with absolute negativity, like online groups going after them, or d/ic/cks?
>>
>>3016848
Post your work
>>
>>3016848

It means that you've made it, popularity and money wise.
>>
If I came here and saw a trashy gossip thread made specifically about me and how shitty I was, and it had lots of posts (instead of 2 or 3 like "literally who?") I'd realize I finally made it.
>>
>>3016848
I'd pop in and chat with them like Algenpfleger did.
>>
>>3016938
Appleflinger for anyone who was there :)
>>
>>3016848
it means there are people that want to pretend everything about their life revolves around art, and yet they cant escape negativity as they are normal humans, so they take it out on artists under the pretense of establishing standards, criticizing morals, blah blah blah. they are stuck in a self imposed hell so you can just do a 360moonwalk away. much of mob mentality comes up just like this. people who try to resign themselves to one 'thing' because they're not brave enough to think of a multifaceted life
>>
I've had it happen a few times. Usually though the thread started is positive but I have a couple hardcore dedicated hater faggots.

I didn't care when I thought I was a nobody and I still don't care knowing I'm the most famous person alive right now. I do what I want.
>>
>>3016848
I wish my art got any attention at all
>>
>>3016848
Just hide your gender anon then they won't shit on you.
>>
>>3016848
I would do nothing. Because the kind of people who obsessively do this are not people one needs to worry about. These are people with bruised egos who come to a place like /ic/ to wrap themselves in comforting anonymity and feel big. Sometimes they have an axe to grind because senpai didn't notice them, so they decide to become a thorn in someone's side to feel a sense of purpose and relationship where there is none. I understand where that comes from, so I don't begrudge people for that.

What actually worries me are those threads about nepotism and how it's all about who you know, or how everyone's a liberal, or how companies only hire from this school, or sexism, etc. Those are clearly by posters who already believe they will not make it, and are externalizing personal failure and looking to solidify their excuses. That bugs me way more than the hate threads. It's such a waste of effort.
>>
>>3016848
I'd join it and enjoy it obviously
>>
>>3016848
I'd laugh, then filter through the whole toxicity to keep the most constructive criticism in mind. As simple as that... :)
>>
>>3016848
I'd be flattered
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.