[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do left handed people use keyboard shortcuts? where do they

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: 1496705907011.png (2MB, 1692x922px) Image search: [Google]
1496705907011.png
2MB, 1692x922px
How do left handed people use keyboard shortcuts? where do they assign keys that work for them?

Seems like suffering
>>
you move the keyboard to the right
>>
another quality /ic/ thread
>>
Look here, faggot. Left handed people aren't some helpless, brain dead, damsels in distress who can't figure anything out in a right handed world. In fact it's more likely that left handers are more ingenious, wiley and can think more flexibly and have better problem solving skills than 97.5% of righties. Try and use your brain next time you have a dumbass right-handed question like this.
>>
>>3010480
>>3010427

Its because of the key placements, they are so gimped. it sucks being in a world where you have to constantly compromise because the world is not designed for you

>>3010697
why are lefties so salty
>>
>>3010427
>tfw ambidextrous
>>
>>3010866
They're tired of never being right
>>
>>3010889
I mean there's nothing left for them to care about
>>
Lefthanded, got brush resize on pen and colorpicking, do not really use any of the keys on the tablet which you can rotate you dipshit.
>>
I use the keys on the tablet and the pen

On-screen controls (radial menu) are pretty useful if you use many shortcuts.
>>
You know unless you need special help, it's not hard to learn how to do things using your non-dominant hand.
>>
>>3010427

I use a usb keyboard where I place to the right of my tablet.
>>
>>3010427
what kinda of grip is that??
>>
>>3010889
>>3010896
let's just stop this those offhanded jokes, ok?
>>
File: 1474308949649.jpg (19KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1474308949649.jpg
19KB, 413x395px
>tfw spider hands
>>
>her parents didn't force her to write with her right hand instead

typical white Jewish parents
>>
>>3011057
Probably a right handed person who doesn't know how to hold a pencil in the left hand.
Alternatively, you have uncaring/too afraid to discipline parents and teachers that won't correct holding a pencil like a two year-old.
>>
>>3011057
the 'temporarily subdued preschooler'
>>
>>3011067
okay this is getting out of hand
>>
Tablet on left side of monitor, keyboard for short cutting on the right...it's simple really.
>>
>>3011651
This, I use left side of the keyboard
But suffering is real, yeah
>>
File: 1462987271905.gif (366KB, 140x160px) Image search: [Google]
1462987271905.gif
366KB, 140x160px
>>3010866
>why are lefties so salty
because they know they live walking on the devil's path
>>
File: 1485148020514.jpg (568KB, 1156x836px) Image search: [Google]
1485148020514.jpg
568KB, 1156x836px
>>3010427
I have all the the essential shortcuts on my numpad. If anything, being left handed allowed me to explore and create my own comfy setup that would otherwise be left to the default by majority of righties. Undo and redo on 4 and 6, mirror view on 5, and brush size adjustment on 7 and 9, just to name a few.
>>
>>3011673
Can you post your full setup? I just move my keyboard to my right (and generally use personalized WASD area) but it takes took much space
>>
>>3011696
Undo - 4
Redo - 6
Flip Horizontal (View) - 5
Eraser - -
Pencil - *
Pen and Brush (Tapping switches between the two) - /
Lasso - \ (Beside 7)
Deselect - ]
Transform - +

1,2,3 are yet to be assigned because this is the only tools I use. There's also pgup, pgdn, home, and end.
>>
>>301171
Do you use CSP? Pencil and pen/brush switching seem useless/impossible in photoshop
>>
>>3011715
>>3011734
>>
>>3011715
>>3011736
I forgot, yeah I'm on CSP.
>>
being left handed in photoshop is fine. i just got used to defaults because people kept resetting the computers at school.

ctrl z is on my pen. the top 4 keys on my tablet is select all / brush / erase / color pick. i usually just slide my thumb between those last three. sometimes i leave my right hand on the keyboard by the square brackets if im resizing my brush and dont feel like using the wheel (i rest my thumb on the right alt).

its also great for doing lasso tool stuff, because L is on the right side of the keyboard anyway and its really easy to quickly fill foreground/background with the default alt+backspace/ctrl+backspace hotkeys. flip horizontal is on one of the rightmost function keys.

no need for a redo hotkey. i hold alt and click my pen button to step backwards in history, and if i regret it i just do a regular ctrl z which functions as a full redo. anything more specific than that and i might as well just click around in the history window.

however i cannot function on a keyboard with no right-side alt. its rare but they exist
>>
>>3012219
hey putting undo on the tablet is a good idea, i'll do that, don't know about pen though, seems like it'd encourage bad habits (or do i already redraw lines 100 times lol)
>>
>>3012225
im always taken aback by the amount of people i see that dont use their tablet buttons... but maybe they just dont lean back and put their tablets in their lap as much as i do.

i see a lot of color pick and right clicks on the pen, too. penbound ctrl z may or may not be a bad habit, but ive been doing it for so long i cant stop. i had to return a monoprice tablet a few years ago because it wouldnt let you set keyboard shortcuts to the pen and it affected my workflow that badly.
>>
>>3010427
on the right side of the keyboard, or on the tablet if tablet buttons are available. I have a right hand it's nbd
>>
Left handed. Tablet closest infront of me, keyboard behind that.
I never changed shortcuts, I just relax my right arm all the way around the tablet and easily reach the left side of the keyboard. Was never uncomfortable enough to reassign shortcuts.
>>
File: mous.png (46KB, 521x342px) Image search: [Google]
mous.png
46KB, 521x342px
>>3010427
I just assign everything to my mouse. It has 11 buttons so that's plenty of room to assign any shortcut I like. Though the main ones I use are undo and redo.
>>
I can use my mouse and tablet at same time. I consider left handedness a blessing
>>
File: nav.jpg (29KB, 580x333px) Image search: [Google]
nav.jpg
29KB, 580x333px
>>3012239
I use a ps3 nav controller. best 15€ i spent in my life. I use a software to map the buttons for every program differently. 1 thing you can't do with the tablet buttons. and it feels more natural holding a controller
>>
>>3013499
You CAN set the buttons on a wacom to have a different profile for each app you use.
>>
>>3012502
Really good idea, I'm a righty and have that mouse too and I gotta say this is a good setup because that mouse is so comfy
>>
>>3010427
Who the hell holds a pen like that?
>>
>>3011715
damn nice setup leftbro i gonna use that
i using the frsit button to space and 2button to eraser
ituos button are the alt ctrl (using that plus space that makes easy to naivgate)
but the best thing would be pic rated
but that expensive
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.