[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there still art communities/forums left where you get good

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: og-image.png (26KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
og-image.png
26KB, 1200x1200px
Are there still art communities/forums left where you get good and constructive critique? I've heard about discord groups but I'd rather avoid the drama what is always happening there.

>inb4 /ic/
>>
>>3009328
penciljack is a good one if you're doing comic type stuff. i haven't had a look at it for a few years but it used to have actual professionals giving very detailed feedback and redlines, if the work was good enough to warrant it.
>>
Discord, /ic/
>>
What about conceptart.org?
>>
>>3009328
You don't want to bother with the discords. Nosebro shits them all up with his bad critique and doesn't even bother posting his own work.
>>
>>3009328
nigga i doubt it, most people that is actually good and is practicing all the day don't have time for that kind of stuff.
You gotta suck it up and try to make the best DIY critique you can.
>>
>>3009328
Well, novadays you only get critique by amateurs, so it's hard to get some good stuff, don't focus on critique, get some good books and study them instead, books are mostly done by people who know what they're going :p
>>
>>3009328
Get critique from friends and family? In my experience they're more willing to be honest with you if you ask. You could also try to reach out to artist you look up to and see if they're will to give feedback.
>>
>>3009328
Deviant art (´・ω・`)
>>
show your work to random people and learn to extract what is wrong from what they don't like. Don't always show it to the same person, and gather as many people's feedback as you can. And don't cry when they call you shit.
That's more or less the game design approach to playtesting, and I find it works better than semi professional critique.
>>
>>3009328
Where do I find some good discord servers for critique?
>>
>Deviantart is just a worthless circlejerk, but the layout is aight
>Tumblr doesn't really have any way to have an actual exchange, it's just output
>Same with Twitter and Instagram
>Conceptart.org is bretty dead (maybe changed?)
>ArtStation is for professional portfolios, hobbyists and students putting their work on there just look like fools

Fuck if I know. Just try to critique yourself. A lot of the art tutors now have "mentorship" programs where you can shell out like 100 bucks and get a paintover and crit if you're truly in a rut.
>>
>>3009328
every public community has been poisoned by too many low quality people trying to give advice. the internet is just too open and accessible for an unmoderated (or too leniently moderated...) community to exist without being overwhelmed with chaff. anything too heavily moderated might as well be a mentor class you charge money for.

my one recommendation is to have friends and curate your own small art group from that. or sidle into one of their groups. thats all easier said than done, though. anyway youre gonna have to deal with interpersonal drama anyway unless you luck into a good group. comes with the territory.
>>
>>3009328
permanoobs
>>
>>3012280
dead
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.