[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you have a "project" that will never happen

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: sonic.0.0.jpg (134KB, 1310x873px) Image search: [Google]
sonic.0.0.jpg
134KB, 1310x873px
>tfw you have a "project" that will never happen because shitty work ethic
>>
>>3009236
Fuck off
>>
What is work ethic?
>>
>>3009236
I've got one of those but it's more because I can't draw.
>>
>tfw have a comic project that would take about five years to complete
>while working on getting gud enough to draw it have idea for another project
>new project would take ten years to complete
>so on and so on

>tfw not even gud yet and I have my entire life booked up already
>>
>>3009371
How do I into projects
>>
Reminder that people who work on projects get good faster than those that don't.

Your studies and work becomes more applied/focused.
You never run out of ideas on what to draw because you can just work on different aspects of the project.

it looks far better in a portfolio, which leads to more work opportunities.

It is the definition of applied art.
>>
>>3009236
Learn habbits, I heard it takes about 3 months of doing the same thing to get into a habbit. Just torture yourself for three months and then working on your projects on your free time will be like second nature. No more feeling guilty playing video games or whatever. You'll open up photoshop and start working or whatever as easy as it when you sat down and browsed on YouTube or some shit.
>>
>>3009236
>tfw you've done the art for numerous projects for other people but they never got finished due to shitty work ethic on their parts
>>
>>3009385
Or money runs out
>>
>>3009373
Piece by piece, friend.

Even just sketching random stuff, start thinking about what you enjoy, what elements of media/life inspires you, themes your work centers around.

Find a place, time period, or other sort of theme to tie your sketches together and go from there. What would the protagonist look like- what about the antagonist(s)? What could they wear? What compels our character to go action? What obstacles might they come across? What does their world look like?

Even when you aren't able to sketch, just start jotting ideas down. Doesn't matter how stupid it is, just write it down. You can refine or it scrap it once you've had time to process.
From here you can just dick around and work in whatever stupid manner you wish, be it storyboarding/thumbnails, writing, designing etc.

If you come across something that really confuses you, now you have a GOOD reason to study, because you are going to approach the study with specific questions in mind. Do some studies then get back to it.

It won't be perfect, it never is and never will be. All that matters is that you're making small consistent steps in one direction and before you know it you'll be done.
>>
>>3009402
Very nice advice, may I ask what you are currently working on?
>>
>>3009386
maybe i'm judgemental but i usually blame that on their work ethic too
>>
>>3009314
Pls someone aswer me this, serious question here.
What is work ethic in art? Not drawing cp or hitler? Not tracing? Not using fecals as painting material?
>>
>having a project makes my work ethic better

best feeling
Working with other people is the fastest way to improve yourself.
>>
>>3009435
Actually drawing and not spending all your time whinging about never getting anything done on /ic/
>>
>>3009402
>Even just sketching random stuff, start thinking about what you enjoy, what elements of media/life inspires you, themes your work centers around.

I would actually say this is a dangerous idea.
When you "think" about something a lot of times you feel like you're actually making it. but you're not. in fact you hardly get as much thought into the project as you would just forcing yourself to work on it. Like ideas flow more naturally when you're staring at the canvas than the ceiling. That and a lot of concepts and ideas just come from how you add something to whatever it is your doing.

If you need a design of clothes or something on a character putting them into the setting helps you figure it out. but imagining it in your head doesn't really work.

Best way to get a project done is work on it. Make a list of the things you have to do, find all the big things you have to do. Do you need this or that? no? get rid of it.
Limit yourself, Limit yourself some more. Try to distance yourself from the project as much as possible, This may be your baby but it's not your magnum opus. ESPECIALLY if it's your first.

Also try to work up on your projects. Do something for like 3 days. and build up from there. Never go over your limit.
>>
>>3009459
Seriously I cannot emphasise how important it is to work on small projects first. Especially things you enjoy.

Like your first projects should be things you could see yourself finishing in a night of constant hard work.
>>
>>3009459
Oh, I meant think about what you are sketching, not daydreaming. I was unclear though and you raise good points.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.