[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a joke, right? How can someone improve so little in the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

This is a joke, right? How can someone improve so little in the span of 4 years, all they did is change there style. And before you say it "durrr autism" let me ask you this. Do you really think that someone can be this complacent. In all my years of seeing artwork I have never seen someone so complacent, it looks, ironic. Is this all Irony d/ic/ks? Give me a sign.
>>
>>3009145
i like it though. its tasteful for furry trash, and , no doubt, better than 62% of i/c including you.
>>
>>3009145
This is exactly what happens when you stop practicing your fundies and "don't want to draw realistic". You stagnate.
>>
>>3009145
they probably don't draw a lot. besides, they have seemed to improve in terms of hair, color, and expressions.
>>
>>3009145
i've seen worse, but your rage seems to be on a personal level
do they have more followers than you?
is that what really bothers you?
>>
>>3009153
Mouth looks better in 2015, nose looks better in 2014.
>>
>>3009145
imagine if people actually just did art for fun

hard, i know
>>
>>3009145
Deviantart "canine" artists focus all on style. They only study one another, so their styles descend into something like 9.99+E99th level of a game of visual telephone.
It's not autism, it's what they think "making it" is.

>>3009146
It's neither tasteful, nor furry
Pic related is tasteful, OP is just trash
>>
>>3009167
I think the one on the right is completely, totally fucked and am confused whether im crazy or the artist is
>>
>>3009174
huh, last time I posted this, a guy thought the right one was the best

I don't know what you don't get about it?
>>
File: affBlacksad-Johns-Bleus.jpg (299KB, 1020x443px) Image search: [Google]
affBlacksad-Johns-Bleus.jpg
299KB, 1020x443px
>>3009167
This would count as more tasteful furry too?
I think the artist is from Spain
>>
>>3009145
Looks fine to me. Not everyone makes art for the same reasons. You complaining about them not improving in ways that you feel are important is far more autistic than anything they're doing. If you see some casual play basketball in the park do you complain that they aren't running professional plays after finding out they've been playing basketball for 4 years? Pretty sure they don't give a fuck and just wanna shoot some hoops so they'd probably just tell you to fuck off.
>>
>>3009191
If you see some casual play basketball in the park do you complain that they aren't running professional plays after finding out they've been playing basketball for 4 years? Pretty sure they don't give a fuck and just wanna shoot some hoops so they'd probably just tell you to fuck off.
>inb4 he do complain about they running the wrong way
>>
>>3009188
I could get down with this.
>>
File: tumblr_o8nj7rlyAF1qhttpto3_1280.jpg (367KB, 1280x558px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o8nj7rlyAF1qhttpto3_1280.jpg
367KB, 1280x558px
>>3009209
and this?
>>
>>3009220
That artist is very good

What's not good are the hundreds of copycats who are stuck making mediocre work because that artist will always be the best at their style
*cough*blotch*cough*
>>
>>3009239
Im not a furry expert.
Took at look at your convenient *Cough*
And even if it isnt as good....
you make it sound like he was super incompetent low tier.
and for what i see, at least he know how to color inside the lines.
>>
>>3009167
This is creepy and uncanny and I like it. Weirdly charming.
>>
>>3009188
Blacksad is fantastic. Juanjo Guarnido is amazing.
>>
>>3009145
Improvement? I don't know what youre talking about, I dont see any improvement. It just looks like they either got lazy or lost their interest in drawing, or both.
>>
Eh. OP, Ufohouse is just one of many teenage artists that contribute to that "furry/animation meme" YouTube community. Most of them draw like this and have similar rates of progression. I was surprised to see they had 50k+ subscribers. Most of them do it for fun/as an outlet.

They're just kids and aren't any threat to your own progression, so get to work.
>>
>>3009220
Lol, never thought I'd say this about anything furry but this is really great.

Damn, how can one person come up with so many amazing characters? Those monkeys in te back, the band. Storytelling and art-skills are a rare combo. Chapeau.
>>
>>3009145
Eh, sometimes life just gets in the way and you don't get to draw anything for months at a time. That's how four years can pass and it feels like you've barely took drawing seriously for one.
>>
>>3009191
>>3009195
>>3009337
>>3009352
All of this. People do not draw for the same reason, and a lot of people just draw for fun. That may mean that they get better eventually, or not, doesn't really matter.
Also, people like to hate on furries, but the majority of furry artists started drawing just because they love participating in the fandom. They get their motivation from interacting with other creative people, and producing content in general. And I think that type of environment tends to produce a lot great artist.
>>
>>3009145
Do you have proof they were actually drawing regularly for 4 years? I can call myself a "writer" and write nothing for 10 years and still write like I am in school. Unless someone is actively practicing you can't judge them by the years that have passed. You CAN judge them for not investing in art enough to practice over the years but that's about it.
>>
Good job OPfor not showing your art but mocking someone who is probably better than you even if they're doing it as a hobby

These threads are pathetic
>>
>>3009188
do people even read this or do they just look at a couple of pages and say how great it is?
>>
>>3009474
I guess some do, the art alone is captivating. I've read it all about 10 times over.
>>
>>3009145
This is what happens when your work is not mindful.You're not making decisions and leaving it all to chance for your image to look nice.

You'll pick up a few gimmicks and crutches, sure, but absolutely nothing in the way of true understanding for what you're doing.
>>
>>3009474
I've read the first volume a few times, the story is good, not great, but the art really elevates it.
>>
>>3009474
I read all of it before I knew about "furries". Saw the animal characters more as an expression of personalities. Like y'know how we think foxes are cunning? Well, the fox was fucking the boss' wife.. :)
>>
>>3009145
Why are you posting this OP?
So a rando online is drawing, keeping to themselves but you just have to let your inner autist bloom and start getting all whiny that a hobbyist isn't drawing boxes for 4 years?

Yah, you need a life
>>
>>3009500
>comes to /ic/ of all places expecting to find people with "lives"

Leave.
>>
>>3009145
I think a better question is how can someone care so much about something that matters so little.

Sucks for them. Oh well, time to move on.
>>
>>3009188
Hey don't put Blacksad at the same level as those deviantart/tumblr furry artists please. Have some respect!
>>
>>3009572
Im not putting them at the same level
I said Blacksad was real artsy stuff...
Or at least I thought I did... maybe I said it wrong.
>>
>is one of those ,,i need to make fun of kids to feel better,, threads

cool i haven't seen that one thousand times
>>
>>3009145
>This is a joke, right? How can someone improve so little in the span of 2 years, all they did is change there style. And before you say it "durrr autism" let me ask you this. Do you really think that someone can be this complacent. In all my years of seeing artwork I have never seen someone so complacent, it looks, ironic. Is this all Irony d/ic/ks? Give me a sign.
>>
I'm going to say this happens when the artist has no artistically knowledgeable mentor/trainer/acquaintance that can give them meaningful critique. They seem to be trying to change, but are lost and don't know where to go.

I mean, what advice would you actually give them?
>>
>>3009320
>They're just kids and aren't any threat to your own progression, so get to work.
/thread
>>
>>3009320
No, it doesn't work like that, you're supposed to get better, not just stagnate into oblivion and not make it.
>>
>>3009474
haha I keep getting that idea too. fucking posers.
>>
>>3009630
Oh ok, no problem man. He's a former Disney artist, so that might explain why his stuff looks that good.
Anyone knows the next album release date?
>>
File: 600px-242Blissey.png (255KB, 600x600px)
600px-242Blissey.png
255KB, 600x600px
>>3009903
The ones that push through that stagnation are the ones that do well and make it. Most of those kids are just doing it for fun, a hobby. Maybe they haven't decided that they want to take art seriously or haven't decided if they want to take it up as a career.

Maybe they aren't really aiming for conscious improvement/learning and are just drawing what they enjoy/what appeals to them visually/what they find fun. "Stagnate" has different meanings for different people. How many people on this board decided they wanted to git gud/make it way into their mid-twenties, their mid-thirties? A lot of them. And with a lot of hard work I know some of these people will get where they want to be. I wouldn't have said they were stagnant before deciding this path, they just found direction.

If this person became serious about their career, then yes- that's when they would have to start looking to improve if they want to be hired, and that's fine. Why concern yourself with other people's progression? Don't let frustration or indignation about such things cloud your own perspective. Getting angry on behalf of other people not getting better results in nothing, just working yourself up, getting frustrated. You're better putting that time and energy into making your own work better.
>>
>>3009145
Why does someone else's art trigger you so much OP? I can understand if said person was tracing or photobashing or doing something unethical, but this is just some guy who enjoys furry artwork. There is nothing wrong with that, even if he's not improving.

Don't be so insecure. Just focus on your own work. At least this guy is putting his artwork out there. What about you?
>>
>>3009185
the neck and shoulders trying to exist with the perspective of the heavily reffed face.
>>
>>3010147
>>3009185
also, are you the artist? i know i jumped to criticism but i love them nonetheless.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.