[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what tablet is gud? pic related is the ancient piece of

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

what tablet is gud?

pic related is the ancient piece of junk i need to replace
>>
>>3008304
get intuos 3 from ebay.
>>
>>3008351
seconded, 4 is fine too. as long as it's before they changed the branding around and an intuos became an intuos pro, and the lame budget tablets became intuos, that was when the quality really bottomed out.
>>
>>3008362
I'm using a 5 since release and no problems so far. what do you mean with the quality bottomed?
>>
>>3008362
whats bad about intuos? was thinking of buying a small one
>>
holy shit, is the lag really this bad?
https://youtu.be/jt0A2SGmB_Y?t=169
how can you work with that? seems awful, maybe ill stick to my mouse
>>
>>3008304

Hey I have the same tablet!

Stylus stopped working years ago. It's my mousepad now.
>>
>>3008597
as he mentioned in the video, the clips were slowed down to exaggerate the lag. you can also tell by the sound of the nib hitting the tablet surface well after he's finished with each 2-stroke demo.
>>
>>3008304
I have Huion H610pro and I can very much recommend it, though if it broke I'd probably go either for the new1060plus or the Q11K model depending on budget.

>>3008592
Don't m8. The S-sized tablets are cheap for a reason. How do you expect to have nice and fluid lines with such little space to move around.
>>
>>3008671

Why does everyone shit on Huion though?
>>
>>3008671
i figured that since i draw quite small irl it would work, is there anything else bad about them?
>>
>>3008726
Drawing area is usually the biggest gripe. But dont sell yourself short, whatever your budget, look for a medium size tablet. I've never heard of anyone not upgrading from a small and wishing they had started off with a med instead.
>>
>>3008304
oh my.

Intuos 4 is probably the best bang for your money. They should be cheaper now.
>>
>>3008696
Beats me, I had an intuos 4 and it broke so I got the h610 and it's basically identical except considerably cheaper. Had it for years now. The hole for the cable is a little finicky sometimes though if I jostle it hard it disconnects and has to be plugged in again.
>>
>>3008304
This brings back memories, this was my first tablet back in 2009.
Nowadays you can go for an Intuos or Cintiq. If you have the cash but don't want to spend a ton of money, I'd recommend the Cintiq 13HD. It's bretty gud.
>>
dont want a battery pen, how about this one?
http://www.xp-pen.com/goods/show/id/10.html
is there something cheap that has multi-touch like intuos? seems very convenient to be able to zoom and pan like that
>>
>>3008777

shit i think i might pull the trigger on this then
>>
>>3009040
A brand new h610 pro costs less than a second hand intuos 4 on amazon atm
>>
>>3009042

whats with the battery-powered pen though?
>>
>>3009040
I have an h610 right now myself and its pretty good. Only had a driver problem where I gotta have the driver running on the background sometimes or it doesnt work.
>>
You should check out Rebel Pixels' YouTude, he's reviewed a ton of cheaper tablets, I'm sure you could find something through his videos!
>>
>>3009049
Honestly huion has some of the absolute worst pen tablet drivers. Its the main reason I don't buy huion anymore
>>
>>3009108
what do you use?
>>
Dont wanna make my own thread, so do you think this is worth it or should I save for a cintiq

http://www.gearbest.com/graphics-tablets/pp_595450.html
>>
>>3009108
True, I thought I'd be lucky. A golden rule is not to plug in the tablet at all before installation is complete, to avoid hiccups.

It's because Huion doesn't rewrite or install over previous tablet's drivers, but if there are opposing files your computer will get confused over what has priority. I had a Wacom and had to delete all the traces of it, but was hit with (Error driver code 5) or some shit like that on top of "can't delete file because it is in use" despite the Wacom not even being plugged in.

Then it would work in every window except sai so I had to reinstall multiple different times and try old drivers too. Took me about 3 or 4 hours lol but it eventually worked. The tablet itself is bretty gud it's the big ass Giano. Good area with a smooth/sensitive surface for only $120.
Only complaint I have is that I wish the cursor moved faster since I switched from a Bamboo, but you get used to it after like 1 day.
>>
>>3008304
Surface Pro 4.5 (2017) or Cintiq
>>
>>3008726
There's an easy trick to answer this.
If a guy connects his huion Giano to a laptop screen, it will feel like drawing on the full width of A2 paper traditionally.
If a guy connects his Wacom bamboo to his TV screen, it will feel like drawing on a fucking bus ticket.

Somewhere between these two extremes is what you're looking for. For most people it's the M sized tablets, a bit larger if you have a desktop, a bit smaller if you have a laptop. Just imagine the screen taped to the pen tablet and ask yourself if that's the size you're comfortable with work on.

>>3008801
Huion Inspiroy G10T is relatively cheap. The design looks crap compared to the Intuos, but it's compact, wireless and has extremely good reviews.

Also honestly this xp-pen star series looks pretty impressive. I like the idea of sleek design and minimal buttons, everyone uses keyboard anyways.

>>3009108
I've been shilling Huion quite a bit as they've been nothing but pleasure for me, but a part of that might be Linux, which has all the drivers by default, you don't have to install anything and it works perfectly.

On Windows the pressure sensitivity didn't work at first, so I tried uninstalling, deleting previous tablet drivers and some software manager bullshit and it worked fine again. It's really a one time hassle and there are plenty of guides on how to get it up and running.
>>
>>3008801
Wait for the Star 06, they must be going to release it in July/August. From pictures it has the size of an Intuos Pro M with all the tech from the Star 05, plus a wheel + 6 keys. Look at it at their Facebook webpage.

>>3010077
Q11K was released not long ago. It may not have a trackpad like the G10T but it still has a decent active area.
>>
Is anyone going to buy the new iPad Pro? 120Hz refresh rate

Pretty happy with my current 12.9" iPad Pro
>>
>>3010648
Meh. I just have no interest in drawing on an iPad, it's just one more thing to remember to recharge and worry about being stolen or broken. I just carry a sketchbook, and a pencil. I have a Cintiq so I don't need one at home. I have an older iPad, and I just use it for ebooks and watching netflix in bed on. I can't be bothered to sit and draw on it - and I hate the iOs.

I'm in love with the new iMac Pro, tho. Going to be seriously looking at getting on in January. $5k is steep, but i can afford it.
>>
Apple just announced a new iPad Pro that's 10.5 inches, looks good as a sketchbook and multipurpose tablet. Still might go for the 12.9" model though.
>>
>>3010648
I'm getting it. You're getting the 10.5 or 12.9" model?
>>
>>3010795
>hate the iOs
I hate macOS way more than iOS. I don't actually draw on the iPad on the go, I just enjoy drawing on the couch. I hate sitting at the desk. I sit 8hrs a day in front of a monitor at work. Feels nice to relax on the couch and draw without making a mess.

>>3010806
12.9 for sure. The 9.7 was too small for me. I don't expect a minuscule amount of extra space will help me at all.
>>
>>3010388
thanks for the info, looks interesting
>>
>>3009093
Tommy Oliver, is that you?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.