[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These reference figures are on sale right now. Has anyone us

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3772.jpg (19KB, 530x364px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3772.jpg
19KB, 530x364px
These reference figures are on sale right now. Has anyone used them before? Are they shit?

https://www.clublaurentian.com/products/manga-drawing-figures
>>
File: aa3112_x.jpg (8KB, 301x480px) Image search: [Google]
aa3112_x.jpg
8KB, 301x480px
>>3008281
>50 bucks on sale
what the fuck, this is shitty plastic and small as fuck
I'll stick with my wooden dude thank you very much. Less detailed/articulated but also less retarded...
>>
>>3008292

Never used the plastic ones, but the wooden dudes are virtually useless for anything but the most baby-tier basic foreshortening, and they're not even much good at that.

Anyone who doesn't have one, don't fall for the meme. They suck.
>>
>>3008281
>Has anyone used them before? Are they shit?
their great for collages and photomanipulations
>>
>>3008326
>I'm a shitter so I'll call it a meme
>>
>>3008281
There is a new one coming out this year with a slightly different sculpt and some different accessories. Take a look at both to decide what you want. The new one is still up for pre-order at various toy shops that carry Bandai products. The "sale" isn't that great because it's pretty much normal price. They just jacked up the MSRP to pretend it's an awesome deal and don't even tell you the name of the actual product which is scummy.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-029886 (new one)
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-014602 (old one)

These are part of the "Body-Kun" and "Body-Chan" line which is part of the SH Figuarts line by Bandai. This line makes some of the best premium action figures on the market right now in terms of engineering, durability and overall quality. So you'll enjoy these as both toys and art reference tools.
>>
>>3008281
I own two SHF Body-Chan's (one standard black and a gray with DX set) and I can tell ya few things bout them.

Their quality is good, but the durability wears out depending how much you pose, bend and swivel. I've happend to mess up the joints, so they've both chipped parts around the pelvis and dislocated the arm on one.

Now if you want my personal advice, the product shipment and features with the DX set is a better deal than the standard, cus you'll get more available custom hands and the stands for more air dynamic poses.

They look pretty good even outside referencing and for collecting too, despite being a clean slate figure.
>>
>>3008281
I have the Archtypes He and She. If you're a beginner, they're not going to be much help because you won't know where to tweak the musculature or fold the skin; however if your intermediate, they're great for perspective and studying interaction.

You can get bootlegged ones for dirt cheap, but the quality is hit and miss.
>>
>>3008281
If you don't need articulated toecaps, you can get Obitsu/Parabox figs in 27cm scale for a third of the price if you don't mind somewhat stylized sculpts. They are just as poseable and optionally have magnetic feet for anchoring.

t. /toy/fag
>>
>>3009888

They're shit, face it.
>>
>>3008326
Their poses are super wooden, pun intended, and i've only found them useful for target practice.
>>
I have purchase the female version of it and to be honest i kinda regretted it. The model isn't really flexible and setting it up to do a simple poses is troublesome to say the least.

The most use i gotten out of it was to use it as a simple turnaround for referencing the body in different angles.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.