[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm interested in buying a portable drawing tablet, any

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: RE1ynyy.jpg (19KB, 582x327px) Image search: [Google]
RE1ynyy.jpg
19KB, 582x327px
I'm interested in buying a portable drawing tablet, any recommendations for something under $400? Was thinking about a surface pro 2 or 3.
>>
>>3006893
surface to my knowledge doesn't have any pressure sensitivity - it only has 'on' and 'off' - only usable for vector-styled drawings and taking notes.
>>
>>3006896
It has less sensitivity than wacom, but it still has a decent amount to draw with. Its 3 main faults compared to wacom is longer latency, jitter on slow strokes, and higher activation force needed to trigger.
>>
>>3006893
Wacom > Paper > iPad Pro > Surface
By very large margins. Surface is barelly ok for drawing some notes and graphics in class. Its not even usefull to do some sketches and will lag and jitter all over the place.

Also don't fall for the ads where they show them doing some storkes on finished paintings. Its jut painfull in the ass and you dont get paid by Apple or Microsoft to endure it as opposed to the artists in the ads. Go to a shop and try them out before wasting money.
>>
>>3006896
>>3006953
all of this info is kinda outdated.

First of all, it does have sensitivity. pro 1-2 had wacom digitizer, meaning very low activation force but lower sensitivity. pro 3-4 had n-trig digitizer meaning higher activation force but more sensitivity than previous gens. They have or are going to release a new pen very soon with lover activation force and more sensivity.

>>3006962
dont listen to this fanboy. Surface is preffered over an fucking iPad any day. Simply because mobile applications cant do the job unless you only do simple sketches.

Wacom is for studios and is big and clumsy, and the drivers are shit, but still overall has best quality. Surface is good for having it on the go, if you wanna use it as a school computer too and take notes, or just wanna do digital drawing in the wild.

I have both surface and wacom, so im not saying only one can do the job, but if money is a problem, surface can definitely do the job, ipad cannot.

thanks for reading my essay
>>
>>3006893

My Surface pro 1 got me into the animation industry, but now that I have a cintiq plugged into my desktop, I hardly ever use it.

It's not a bad machine, and the pen works fine (don't know about 3 and 4, since they changed technology), but it's just oddly harder to draw on.

>>3006896

This is completely and utterly wrong. Every version of the Surface Pro has had pressure sensitivity.

Nobody bought the RT.
>>
I would avoid the Surface Pro 1 and Surface Pro 2 like the plague.

While they do use Wacom EMR and have 2048 pressure sensitivity, they also have a shit ton of parallax and cursor drift. Also poor thermals. Low pen activation force.

Surface Pro 3
Uses N-trig, the base pen is a lot more accurate but has only 128 levels of pressure sensitivity and suffers from pen jitter. Generally poor thermals. Higher activation force.

Surface Pro 4
Also uses N-trig but it's base pen has 1024 levels of pressure sensitivity, same issues with pen jitter. Higher activation force.

Microsofts about to release the new Surface Pro Pen (2017) which has 4096 pressure sensitivity and tilt functionality. It will also be backwards compatibile with the Surface Pro 3 and the Surface Pro 4 line. There's no real word on if it still has the same jitter issue as before. Lower activation force than the SP3/4 but still a bit higher than Wacom EMR.

I would really suggest the 4 or the 3 since it looks like Microsoft is focusing on N-trig backwards compatibility.
>>
>>3007293
this plus for $30 you can get Lazy Nezumi Pro line stabilizer
>>
>>3006970
>le windows meme
>le only sketches meme
Have you ever even seen an ipad pro?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.