[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else here suck ass at drawing, never practice at all,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

Anyone else here suck ass at drawing, never practice at all, but constantly give others advice on /ic/?
>>
>>3004775
94% of /ic/
>>
>>3004775
Yes. I'm pretending as pro and give others shit advices out of my ass. Why do you think everyone meming merc_wip here?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (52KB, 754x265px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
52KB, 754x265px
>>3004779
>>
>>3004775
hello strawman

how about you try to not suck ass instead of shitposting, you colossal faggot
>>
>>3004775
I don't even draw and I've already given some great tips
>>
>>3004866
>original question not addressing an argument
>strawman
kys you pseudo intellectual imbecile
>>
File: 200_s.gif (35KB, 289x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
35KB, 289x200px
>>3004775
most people who come here are looking to "git gud" for jewy reasons so they deserve it.
>>
Jmerchant is that you
>>
>>3004775
Art is so easy to get into and improve that every artist has to meme beginners out of existence with art school and shitty critique. Everyone here just wants to pull up the ladder behind them.
>>
>>3006199
damn, and here I've been actually trying to help people
>>
i don't have to be good to understand the material. i actually draw, though
>>
I suck at art but know better than give advice, blind leading the blind.
>>
File: 1452823995138.png (49KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1452823995138.png
49KB, 750x750px
I actually did that for a long while. I read a lot of books and watched plenty of tutorials (like FZD or Scott Robertson) so my advice sounded like it made sense. I was familiar with all of the lingo(local contrast, radiosity, picture plane, obscure muscle names).
I didn't even drew however.

I just thought that if I learned and introspected enough I could discover the "formula" of drawing and then suddenly I would be good. Some scientific procedure to understand drawing without mindless grinding.

Even if I could explain to someone that their composition or anatomy was shit, it didn't meant that I knew how to make it better. That's the whole thing with art: Just because you know something is off, it doesn't means you know how to fix it.

If artists could know every specific step needed to fix the piece, there would be no depression. But you don't know because you are not aware of what you don't know.

As Nassim Taleb says, all advice is bs. Because if you follow it and it works, they take all the credit. If you follow it and you get worse, it must be your fault. You can only really trust redlines or paintovers.

Sorry guys.
>>
>>3004775

Yes, I post here since 1.5 year and I don't really draw, just read books, watch videos etc. People even thank me for materials I give them, advice or critique. It's kinda crazy.

...but I think I actually will start drawing when I move out. Thought about pens + brushpen + gouache combo.
>>
>>3006199
No one needs to pull the ladder up behind them, the very fact it takes years to get a return on your effort is enough to drive away the majority.
>>
File: GLbiGvv9qrpny.gif (841KB, 335x425px) Image search: [Google]
GLbiGvv9qrpny.gif
841KB, 335x425px
>spout complete bullshit
>people actually start agreeing with me and attacking those who don't
>>
File: 1469239538330.jpg (43KB, 396x482px) Image search: [Google]
1469239538330.jpg
43KB, 396x482px
>>3006341
>>
what is wrong with you people
>>
>>3006370
The only way to tell if something is good, is by comparing it to something else.

And when you can compare your work to the rest of the fucking planet thanks to the internet, people tend to go insane.
>>
i dont know why but i laughed so fucking hard at this thread...
>>
File: 1492764043272.jpg (14KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1492764043272.jpg
14KB, 250x250px
>mfw actively spreading advice that sounds convincing but is carefully constructed to mislead beginner and intermediate artists
>>
>>3007073
I bet you're the guy who spread the "draw 8 hours a day" idea.
>>
>barely even draw
>still know of all the good resources
>can feel the forms and the 3d space on the paper so I'm actually not clueless when I draw, just lacking mileage
>know enough about perspective, composition, etc to point out mistakes in anyone's art thanks to reading books and browsing so many threads and watching so many videos without even drawing most of the time
>give advice that's actually pretty good and sounds credible enough
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.