[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>being able to draw better than one of the most famous mangaka

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

>being able to draw better than one of the most famous mangaka of the past decade
>>
>being able to shitpost worse than one of the most notorious trolls of the past decade
>>
>>3004537
You're not able to draw better, you just don't have tight deadlines and you don't have to draw anything challenging outside your comfort zone.
>>
>>3004537
post work
>>
A lot of people can draw better than him, but not a lot of people can tell/illustrate a story like him. Plus a lot of people like his art.
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 512x384px
Being able to think along one track can be a real advantage, and manga is an excellent format.
>>
Being a mangaka isn't that impressive considering they have an army of assistants inking and tracing backgrounds for them.

I read that bitch's tennis blog, I know what's up.
>>
>>3004591
A mangaka usually has to pay for their assistants themselves, so only the top 1% would ever have the money to hire an army of assistants. Most barely are able to afford 1 or 2 to help them with screentones and backgrounds and stuff.
>>
>>3004537
Who the fuck is this
>>
>>3004606
The creator of Attack on Titan, Hajime Isayama
>>
>>3004591
You've read her book too?
>>
>>3004614

What book?
>>
>>3004657
Her book
>>
>>3004659

Who's book?
>>
>>3004660
Book's dead
>>
I hope /ic/ realizes one day that people care more about you being able to tell a story with your art rather than your technical skill (which you will probably never have because you post on /ic/ and for some reason 99% of the people here aren't good at all and have no idea how to draw something visually appealing)
>>
>>3004666
this ffs. And yeah some of the mistakes people make here are fucking unfathomable to me.
>>
>>3004614
>her
Wait is he a she ?
>>
>>3004609
Who?
>>
File: 1490200256022.jpg (94KB, 1280x722px) Image search: [Google]
1490200256022.jpg
94KB, 1280x722px
>>3004666
You can tell a story without good art, but there's no reason not to improve your technical skill. Even Isayama made gains.
>>
I think his "bad art" lends itself well to the horror aspect (whenever there is any)
>>
I've noticed that male mangakas have to be able to draw good, or they face an uphill battle to getting published. Hence the attack on titan guy. It seems like female publishers and readers care way more about the story and characters, and are more lenient on the art. Of course this is just a generalization, but it's something I've noticed.
>>
>>3004537
What's a mangaka?
>>
>>3004805
I don't think that's true. It's largely more dependent on the type of magazine the managaka are affiliated with, monthly mags will have much higher quality content than those who work in weekly publications. Both men and women draw for shounen and seinen magazines, anyway.

And going off what an anon mentioned earlier, having a few assistants helps a lot.
>>
>>3004805
Doesn't seem to be the case from what I've seen. Most female shounen mangaka I know of have art roughly on-par with that of their peers in their magazine. Hiromu Arakawa, Shinobu Ohtaka, Adachitoka, and Kasue Kato would be a few examples of that.
>>
>>3004537
>sits like a queer
>socially autistic
>constantly in a debt crisis
>>
>>3004814
A magical girl.
>>
>>3004609
>>3004606
I was wondering the same. fucking lol, this is your reference OP ? that manga's art is awful. Just being popular doesn't mean his strength was his drawing. It's like saying you can write a more scientifically accurate story than one of the most famous director of the past decade with a screenshot of the avengers
>>
Do any of you even realized how fast he improved from pilot chapter to actual series? 2 years going from deviantart tier to something presentable is impressive.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.