[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Better than anything I could ever do. I cant even draw

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 13

File: hachi.png (285KB, 436x408px) Image search: [Google]
hachi.png
285KB, 436x408px
"Better than anything I could ever do. I cant even draw a stick figure lololol"

I hate this.
>>
>>3003797
if you dont like it dont read it :)
>>
Just normies making small talk, how awful.

"Haha, yea, my stepfather can't draw stick figures either, so he just sticks his figures up my ass"
>>
I like that one. makes me feel special.
>>
I feel ya'.
>>
File: CYOST7AWYAUxBgP.jpg (23KB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
CYOST7AWYAUxBgP.jpg
23KB, 600x336px
"oh wow hey yeah, that's just like my style of drawing."

>>
Stop talking to these people
Seriously I don't talk to anyone who isn't an artist nowdays
They just don't understand
Their mindset of thinking is so far away from mine we have nothing to talk about
Fuck non artists
>>
That's a polite way of saying:
Oh how nice, I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>3003797
>Hating people who give you compliments, regardless of how dumb they sound
>>
>normie friend complimentig illustration
>wow, this is awesome, i wish i was this talented
>normie friend inspecting my pocket sketchbook
>huh? why do you draw shitty on purpose?

other dumb things normies ask/say
>how long did it take?
>can you draw me?
>why not, you draw anyway and it's good exercise
>is that (random figure drawing/portait study) supposed to be (random friend/celeb)?
>i have an idea for a comic/manga
>>
>>3003837
The only people I ask for critique from are my siblings who are also artists. It's in our blood.
>>
>here's my drawing, i'm not good at this hehe please tell me i good i need to hear this
>>
>>3003797
>I hate the fact that drawing is a tradeskill that isn't easy and thus can be profited from

Okay...?
>>
>>3003797

>"Better than anything I could ever do. I cant even draw a stick figure lololol"

"Too bad I'm not comparing myself to YOU."
>>
>>3003898
>how long did it take?

I don't see how it is a bad question. Knowing how long it took, what are the materials and size of paper/canvas is pretty vital info.
>>
>"Hey check out this drawing my brother/sister/friend/cousin made"

We all know it's YOUR shitty Dragon Ball Z fanart, stop trying to hide it.
>>
>>3003797
>can draw better than stickman
>classmates think you can do anything art-related from illustration graphic design to oil painting
what the fuck
also, for comparison purposes:
>another overachieving classmate is good at sprinting
>can't into Long distance
>"it's okay you're so good at running tho!!"
>the can't draw everything from my pores to the forests
>".... well anon it's okay :) at least you tried"
??? Is there something I'm missing? Why are we expected to know how to draw every single thing and excel at it?
>>
File: 1478011726551.jpg (59KB, 896x921px) Image search: [Google]
1478011726551.jpg
59KB, 896x921px
>>3003797
>"Wow, anon, you're so amazing at drawing. You've got a god-given gift."
Oh really, are you sure it's not who fucking knows how many hours of hard work I've put in trying to better myself?
>>
>>3005766
>parents see my drawings for first time after years of practicing
>"Wow, anon, that looks really good"
>"Now let's see from who in the family you got your talent from"
>>
>>3005774
Oh right, forgot about that one
>"I'm pretty sure your great-great-grandpa used a pencil once"
>>
>>3003797
Just take the fucking compliment... Why do artists always have to be so pissy about this sort of thing?
>>
>>3005783
In my case my father drew with pencil and did watercolours for a while, but way before I started drawing. I've seen his previous artwork and it was pretty /beg/-tier desu.
>>
>>3003837
Non-artists are subhuman anyway.
>>
>>3003805
>"Haha, yea, my stepfather can't draw stick figures either, so he just sticks his figures up my ass"
I'm using this next time
>>
>>3003797
>>
>>3003837
>>3005870
> implying art is something useful like science, labour or economics
> implying artists aren't the subhumans
>>
>>3006130
>implying everyone wouldn't an hero if there was no more art in the world
Not to say that other professions are useless or that art is more important
>>
>>3006396
art is something recent in human history that only brings pain and degenerates though
>>
File: cave.jpg (35KB, 550x363px) Image search: [Google]
cave.jpg
35KB, 550x363px
>>3006401
Yes, it's a very recent thing
>>
>>3003837
I see you're still stuck in the 'artists are special' mindset.

Do you also think carrying a sketchbook is somewhow cooler than a briefcase?
That being messy and chaotic is 'just how you are?'
That your fixation on a narrow goal makes you interesting?

It doesn't.
Go talk to the plumber next time you need him, and attend a meeting of the neighborhood association.
You might hate it, but those experiences will make you a better artist and maybe less of a contemptible shitbag. Isolating yourself among 'your kind' is a wonderful way to stagnate and convince yourself you're simply superior and misunderstood.
>>
>>3006775
Are you fucking retarded?

>I see you're still stuck in the 'artists are special' mindset.
Stop projecting.
Not everyone enjoys small talk. And it's easier to find stuff to talk about with people who have similar interests. That's all there is to it.

>Go talk to the plumber next time you need him, and attend a meeting of the neighborhood association.
>those experiences will make you a better artist
Post your art, faggot. If you really believe this stupid bullshit, then I doubt that you even know what fundamentals are.

>Isolating yourself among 'your kind' is a wonderful way to stagnate
Citation needed.
>>
>>3005766

Natural-talentfag here, my first memories are of my pre-school teacher discovering my bomb-ass paintings of firetrucks and wondering if some adult artist snuck into the classroom and left his artwork on the floor. Some people are just born with exceptional talent. I guess I'm like the Freiza or Sasuke Uchiha of drawing
>>
>>3006407
40k years ago is recent, how long do you think humans have been alive for?
>>
>>3007683
/r/thathappened
>>
>>3007712
Art has been a thing as long as humans have been civilized.
Same with agriculture, science, philosophy and all that other shit that basically defines civilization.
>>
>>3005783
kek
>>
File: 220.jpg (17KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
220.jpg
17KB, 500x500px
>>3003837
>>3005766
>>3005774
>>3005783
>>3007664

yep. We offically tumblr now.
>>
>I seek other artists when I want genuine criticism that I can learn from

>I show my work to normies when I want an erection
>>
>>3003972
It's annoying because it implies that drawing is just something that some people can do well and some can't, rather than being something that anyone can learn with enough effort, practice, and studying.

It's like going up to a brain surgeon and saying, "That's better than anything I can do, I can't even stitch up a wound haha."
>>
>draw some random person from imagination

>"who is that supposed to be anon"

Everytime
>>
>You're so lucky you're talented.

Fuck off. If anything I feel unlucky for choosing a hobby that requires so much dedicated grinding and study to even be competent.

>Wow, this portrait is so good! You should go to school for graphic design!

What the hell does that have to do with portrait illustration? More than one person has made this suggestion.
>>
File: 1495708874480.jpg (62KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1495708874480.jpg
62KB, 1200x675px
>I don't need to work on the fundamentals, I already know my style
>lol anon why do you practice so much
>yep im pretty much talented - i can draw without using references and it still turns out good

Best of all...

>hey can you rate my oc
>>
>>3006130
You're right.

And art is a product of a society with too much time on it's hands.
>>
>>3008641
underrated
>>
>>3005774
>>3005783
>>3005794
never happened to me, i come from a family of engineers and musicians
i guess im adopted
>>
>>3003898
>i have an idea for a comic/manga

EVERY FUCKING TIME
>>
>>3003805
fuckin' lel
>>
>>3010578
I'm the anon it happens to, I'm from a family of low-paying jobs, cleaners and construction workers.
>>
>"I can't even draw a straight line!"
>>
>>3006130
> Implying entertainment has no value
You better be working instead of watching movies
>>
File: slow.png (21KB, 397x397px) Image search: [Google]
slow.png
21KB, 397x397px
>''That looks realy good!''

>Thanks

>You're welcome!

Is this how people genuinley talk irl or just internet folk?

Atleast here in krautland no one ever says ''you're welcome'' just for complimenting you.
Are people now taught to mindlessly say ''you're welcome'' whenever someone thanks them?
I only know it as something you say after being thanked for your help with something.

It does not upset me, I'm just curious.
>>
>>3011159
Here in the US, many just grow up saying that since it's considered a polite response. Doesn't run much deeper than that, really
>>
>"I can't even draw a loli getting raped by japanese demon men" haha
>>
>>3011159
It should upset you. It's not real praise, they're just repeating what people taught them to seem nice.
>>
>>3003837
This is retarded, there are tons of things that people do that require more work and talent than drawing. Drawing on a tablet does not make you superior to an electrical engineer or an architect, or anything else. Those jobs require just as much, if not more, work and dedication than being an artist
>>
>>3006775
yeah dude ur kinda dumb.
The great thing about being an adult is you get to choose who you are friends with. Being friends with only artists is completely understandable you normie
>>
>>3005766
I hate to admit but if you are an illustator then putting on that elusive "talented person" mask is more attractive to normies than anything else
Though as a concept artist I like to share knowledge, techniques and pain with others
>>
>>3011677
Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>3006130
Media is the end to which "useful" things are the means desu
>>
File: laugh-sailor-moon.gif (498KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
laugh-sailor-moon.gif
498KB, 500x375px
>>3003805
oh my gosh I am a laffin
>>
>>3008397
You don't get it MOM, artists are SPECIAL and I'm SPECIAL and YOU NORMIES DON'T FUCKING GET ME.

Is /ic/ the most insecure bundle of faggots on 4chan?
>>
>>3003898
Im the last friend,and those ideas are what motivates me as an artist
>>
>>3007664
He gave you solid advice you autistic piece of shit. Actual good artists life their lives, appreciate small things and find beauty in every single person. You just sound like a disgusting worthless hipster. I exclusively associate with artists to get critique and guidance, cause most of them nowadays are retards like you.
>>
>>3005691
Only you guys could take a literal compliment from a homie and find a way to cry about it.
>>
>>3003837
Is art the only thing you are good at?
>>
File: 1494841801383.jpg (29KB, 499x500px) Image search: [Google]
1494841801383.jpg
29KB, 499x500px
>>3003797
>"Cheers, man, glad you like it!"
Learn to take a compliment, come on. They didn't like your work in the correct way so you'll resent them for it.

Bloody hell.
>>
>>3009238
No, art is a product of a society of conscious spiritual beings who have the ability to think creatively and abstractly, fuck you mean too much time on it's hands? How would you be able to spend all the time you have on earth on just things completely unrelated to art in some form or another? It'd be fucking miserable, unless you have low intelligence. The scientists and engineers do their thing and the artists will do theirs, the world needs both and it's not optional. It's how we bridge the gap from the known and the unknown, yin and yang and all that shit
>>
>>3003797
Yes, This is so fucking enoying. I want to literally slith their throat with a boxcutter for saying that. Like wtf are they thinking. amirite
>>
>>3008641
>rather than being something that anyone can learn with enough effort, practice, and studying

Plus the fact that the difference in skill level is completely invisible to non artists, like you can tell how a professional would be like 10 years ahead of some okay amateur but to them it's like that's a cool drawing and that's also a cool drawing., so they've no idea and can't appreciate how much more work someone has put in compared to another

and to use your analogy granted this might not be great lol like they wouldn't see the gap between a brain surgeon and a horse vet
>>
>>3008799
>Wow, this portrait is so good! You should go to school for graphic design!
yea lol before we decided on our discipline in college everyone assumed I would have picked graphic design, even though most of the shit I do is portraits

but now they all like omg you're so good at painting!! so how bout dat normie bitches
>>
>>3008641
Yeah, Totally. I Just want them to hang from their neck because of the offence they make.

>>3022484
Amen Brother
>>
>>3018324
Well, if you do it on your own, kudos to you.
The problem is most awesome story pitches are neither as good as the person reqursting thinks and, what's the bigger problem, is, that they never wrote. I just want to clarify: I have nothing against collaborations or paid work; I just don't like people who want me to do the work for them for a share of the profit they think their idea will gain (or worse, 'exposition')
>>
>>3022473
I don't think them not being artists is the main issue, but it's more their mindset. If you're an artist who's genuinely trying to get gud then you want to talk to people who either think creatively in one way or another because then they're not complete simpletons and you can try and crack into their way of thinking and seeing things, or someone who is passionate about a craft or skill of theirs because they'll appreciate the work that you put into yours

Cuz on the other hand you got do nothing be nothing useless fucktards, and normie fags who only need to study whatever for their blue collar course
>>
>>3005774
>>3005783
my uncle is an artist and he taught me and motivated me, but yeah that must be annoying when there's absolutely no correlation
>>
>>3022505
Still, just take it as a compliment. If you feel like you want to correct them, that's fine, but don't allienate people who like your art. It's a conpliment, so there is no neef to be salty about it.
>>
>>3022500
Fuck off.

A "normie" is literally anyone who isn't as autistic about whatever you're into as you are. A fucking /fa/ regular could be a "normie" for not knowing what a Loomis is, while an /ic/ regular would get laughed off /mu/ for saying that Death Grips just sounded like noisy electronic garbage.

Just because they don't "get" your craft doesn't mean they don't have something they're obsessed about, and the fact that you simplify their lack of knowledge about your hobby to just meaning that they don't know anything at all shows your ignorance about whatever they're into.

There's nothing more irritating than faggots who only have drawing going for them in life. Get another hobby dude. Read a book, go out for a swim, do anything to get yourself out of the "ARTISTS ARE SPECIAL AND UNIQUE" mindset because it will bite you in the ass one day.
>>
File: 1407354415807.jpg (32KB, 378x264px) Image search: [Google]
1407354415807.jpg
32KB, 378x264px
>>3010893
>cleaners and construction workers.
>cleaners and construction
>construction
>Figure Drawing and Construction

They were right
>>
>>3022524
>Get another hobby dude. Read a book, go out for a swim, do anything to get yourself out of the "ARTISTS ARE SPECIAL AND UNIQUE" mindset because it will bite you in the ass one day.

So obviously you're retarded and missed the point of my post entirely, I literally specified it's about their mindset at the beginning.

>A fucking /fa/ regular could be a "normie" for not knowing what a Loomis is

yea you definitely missed the point, I'm not even talking about people on this board specifically, but people who are genuinely putting work into pursing an artistic career path and have actually made respectable progress, nevermind fucking /fa/ that has fuck all to do with anything you autist, how many of them do you think are pursuing fashion design as a career path? Now this is my point, there's a fashion design course in my college, and so they are artists who appreciate painting.

>Just because they don't "get" your craft doesn't mean they don't have something they're obsessed about

so obviously you didn't even bother finish reading my post

>or someone who is passionate about a craft or skill of theirs because they'll appreciate the work that you put into yours

Fuck off and stop projecting
>>
>>3022524
Your mistake was mistaking me for a typical d/ic/khead loser, clear that clouded thought and read it over as if I wasn't even posting on this board
>>
>>3022550
Whoopsies. Sorry, you're obviously sooo much better than us :^P
>>
>>3005734
Halo effect.
>>
>>3003898
>Draw me
>draw my family portrait
>I'm not willing to pay for this but it should be super realistic with colours as well
>What?!You dont wanna draw this picture for me?
>You're not a good artist anyways
>Good artist draw for fun for passion not for money.
>>
>>3005734
Not forget that e are expected to draw from memory as well.
>>
>>3007683
Post art faggot
>>
File: loompiss.png (151KB, 991x551px) Image search: [Google]
loompiss.png
151KB, 991x551px
>>3003797
>1939
>even Loomis was sick of this shit
>>
>>3007712
so is farming by your measure
apparently the only thing that's legitimate to you is chucking spears at lions and being afraid of the moon
>>
>>3003805
Yeah, I'm stealing this.
>>
>>3003797
grill at work sees me drawing "dang anon you talented"

me: "talent doesn't exist."
>>
>>3010600
>proceeds to tell me about their manga story
>starts with a girl getting bullied
>goes into this kind of avatar dbz rippoff
>in another dimension...
>cringe tier.
the morons i have to deal with.
>>
>>3006130
literally all useless meme jobs
>>
You guys are the most petty passive aggressive people on this board outside of r9gay
>>
>>3023741
Im manipulative to get poses from chicks
>>
>>3003805
if nothing else is accomplished in this thread, i am okay with that. this one post made the rest of this thread worth it.
>>
>>3005783
I don't even know how to draw and this made me upset
>>
>>3003837
Artists tend to be insufferable, self-centered cunts. I go to a well-known art school with a decent scholarship and all my best friends are all non-artists I hang out with outside school. I've had to deal with too many egotistical, two-faced people in my time here. There is nothing inherently special about being an artist and so many people in the arts are just complete normies anyways.
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.