[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Look at that stupid fucking painting" - Joe Rogan

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

"Look at that stupid fucking painting" - Joe Rogan on Basquiat's recently auctioned painting.

Min 5:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0uXPjSC4kU
>>
"Why don't you just draw a house?"
>>
That's some high octane money laundering
>>
>>3002446
Joe Rogan is a human testical. His thoughts on art are less than worthless.
>>
What is so special about this bisquick fella anyway?
>>
>>3002650
nothing, he was friends with warhol and lived in new york, enough said. his popularity is a result of a hype train.
>>
File: 1495861894222.png (1MB, 1917x2163px) Image search: [Google]
1495861894222.png
1MB, 1917x2163px
>me the south american drug cartel money launderer and my stooges in the government

We need to start taxing this shit
>>
>>3002650
>bisquick
fucking gold .
>>
Joe is right

By the way, the worst excuse for modern art is

>well it's eliciting a reaction even if that reaction is your disapproval/hatred >arts subjective, hur hur

This claim anyone could make about absolutely anything placed in a modern art museum. Literally any object in the universe, just stick it in the museum, and it's modern art because Random Object # 28473 caused confusion, disinterest and disdain from the public.

So there is no art in these stupid museums. Just arbitrary assortments of objects, humans trying to get it, graduate students with no skill, rich people with no taste, etc
>>
>>3002446
I'd love for a wealthy criminal/criminal organization buy one of my pieces for the actual purpose of laundering money.
>>
>>3002705
Generally no modern art is not about eliciting a reaction. Where'd you hear that?
>>
Duchamp did this kind of thing 100 years ago, literally 100 years ago, and people still get confused and angry with this type of art.

>>3002705
Also no, art is not about getting reactions, art is about contemplation
>>
>>3006349
>Also no, art is not about getting reactions, art is about contemplation

Except no modern artist has ever managed to express anything with their art that was worth contemplating.
>>
>>3002446
Money
Laundry
>>
>>3002446
Well.. It is shit.
>>
>>3006355
I just said one, Duchamp. You don't have to like him or his works but if you seriously think that his ready mades are not worth of contemplation then I don't know what to say.
>>
>>3006358
i think its more an investment like most expensive art, he knows that he can sell it for more later
>>
>>3002446
Joe rogan is 100% right
>>
>>3006366

It depends of the laws in your country.
Where I live, you don't pay 1$ to the state if you inherit art from your parents.
It makes art really interesting to possess for upper-class people, because the Government will take a tidy sum based on the value of your parents's house if they die, the government will take a fair % on any money they had in the Bank, but 0% on any paintings they possessed.

The excuse is that it helps to sponsor the Arts.
>>
>>3006349
>Reply
It's a little more than that, poseur.
>>
>>3005284
Have you ever read about modern art like ever?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.