[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is this? It's OBVIOUSLY a pipe. Why is Magritte

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

What the fuck is this? It's OBVIOUSLY a pipe.

Why is Magritte so full of shit?
>>
But it's not. It's a picture of a pipe. :^)
>>
>>3002449
Horseshit.
>>
no, its an illustration.
>>
It's a chimney for individuals.
>>
>>3002443
It's a mouth fedora
>>
>>3002449
not even that
it's a picture of a painting of a pipe
>>
>>3002852
not even that
it's pixels of a digital picture of a painting of a pipe
>>
>>3002443
It's gay
>>
1.it's a mindfuck to a overall dumber generation compared to now
2.it's basically a troll meme as a painting, that's why "modern art" up to today might as well be meaningless
>>
>>3002443
Stick it in your mouth and smoke it then, that's what a pipe is for.

>>3002976
>it's a mindfuck to a overall dumber generation compared to now
Compared to now? OP doesn't get it, does he...
>>
>>3002443
> t. a brony
gtfo m8
>>
i dunno maybe magritte made it solid, then its not a pipie .d
>>
>>3002932
Not even that
It's your brains interpretation of the pixels of a digital picture of a painting of a shape that fits your platonic idea of what a pipe is.
>>
Pipe is also a french slang for blowjob
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 270x186px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 270x186px
>>3003285
>Stick it in your mouth and smoke it then, that's what a pipe is for.

Not THIS pipe.
>>
>>3002443
It's literally just a harmless joke
>>
>>3004720
we're all just thoughts moving through light anyway, man
>>
>>3005179
light?
>>
>>3005201
yeah man
it's all photons
>>
>>3005227
>yeah man
Then what are the photons emitting from?
>>
>>3005227
im pretty sure no light is going through my head, ymmv
>>
>>3002443
I never liked the metatextual 'postmodern' reading of this work honestly -- that the text refers to the work itself as an object rather than the pipe itself. It works better if, in the problematic space of a modernist work that both the pipe and the text share, that the text is contradicting specifically the presence of the pipe. So we see the pipe, and we see the text saying that the pipe is not a pipe, all happening within the context of the frame, rather than the text winking at you and referring to a world outside of the frame which I think it is not doing.
>>
>>3002462
Best answer.
>>
>>3005291
yes, that is cuter, for sure. I'll pretend i thought of that if ever it comes up in conversation.
>>
File: pipe.gif (43KB, 600x174px) Image search: [Google]
pipe.gif
43KB, 600x174px
>>3002443
>>
File: 1468691175308.jpg (191KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1468691175308.jpg
191KB, 1920x1080px
>>3002443
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.