[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This was colored by a bot. http://paintschainer.preferred.te

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 25

File: Screenshot_1055.png (972KB, 1484x815px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1055.png
972KB, 1484x815px
This was colored by a bot. http://paintschainer.preferred.tech/#pixivsketch

Bot artists soon?
>>
Give it a couple years.
>>
>slowpoke.jpg

this is old. we've had this discussion numerous times. no.
it doesn't even work consistently and can use maybe 5 colours correctly.
>>
deep dream is kindof, but it will only do that one thing it does. for machines to be truly artists ai must be at the level of human intelligence. may happen in a couple of decades, or never
>>
>>3002184
yea congratz, u colored a anime sketch. Jap anime "artists" are almost bots anyway in their way of thinking, so whats the difference.
>>
>>3002184
We get it, people are meat machines and we don't matter.

How long until despair is automated?
>>
>>3002208
Show us your work.
>>
>>3002409
Retarded logic. He isn't allowed to criticise because he can't do the same?
>>
>>3002428
The faggot acts pretty confident that he can do better than a "Japanese bot". I sure hope his drawing is better than his spelling.
>>
>>3002184
>his clothes are peach colored

It thinks his clothes are his skin.
>>
>>3002435
Nowhere in his comment did he say he could do better. You're just looking for an excuse to be angry.
>>
Sure this isn't great, but it still scares me. This will improve greatly in the coming years. I thought being an artist was the only job we wouldn't lose to robots.
>>
File: 2.jpg (62KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
62KB, 512x512px
tried it on one of my drawings, cool
>>
>>3002435
shut up butthurt weeb
>>
>>3002492
Man I want to tell you about the fill tool in photoshop but I'm afraid you'll get spooked the fuck out.
>>
>>3002551
>Not understanding neural networks
>>
not very impressed
>>
>>3002559
is this that though?
>>
wtf art is now a dead medium thanks robots
>>
huh, this kind of did a cool thing to my sketch. but if anything this just gives me ideas about how I'd paint it myself, like a filter in photoshop or what have you.
>>
The damn thing works. My drawing.
>>
nope
>>
this is making my subpar line drawings look interesting at least
>>
This thing renders better than most of /ic/. All the art in this thread actually looks good.
>>
>>3002599
it's not "rendering" though
>>
>>3002599
Exactly my point.
>>3002551
>implying the fill tool does better
>>
>>3002593
If you reproduce this shit in oil some faggot's gonna give you a couple grand for it.
>>
>>3002599
that's an interesting point. colors aside, the rendering isn't half bad
if we desaturate it and recolor as we like, we can avoid algorithm mistakes such as blue skin
>>
>>3002184
But the values are wrong and a human could do a way better job in a matter of minutes and this probably fails entirely on anything but hand picked images.
>>
>>3002587
Holy fuck this tool makes my shit look.... alright.

I need to actually learn how to paint
>>
>>3002614
you could use it as a starting base for either palette or rendering and then paint your way, senpai
>>
>>3002184
bretty gud
>>
>>3002627
it's really not worth using as a starting base for anything. it's just a novelty. photoshop has more interesting features.
>>
>>
File: chrome_2017-05-30_21-21-01.png (1014KB, 1163x891px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-05-30_21-21-01.png
1014KB, 1163x891px
>>3002184
actually not too bad, to be quite honest.
>>
>>3002659
wew
>>
We're fucked, guys. Stop using CAPTCHA. and most technology. Don't support STEM. Only way we'll get out of this mess alive.
>>
>>3002702
I don't get it. Aren't you still the one who picks the colors? So it's a bucket tool with a little bit of a gradient instead of flat color?
>>
>>3002184

But it looks like shit.
>>
>>3002593
that looks pretty cool
might as well save it for reference to color your work
>>
>>3002428
>He isn't allowed to criticise because he can't do the same?

Yes.

>inb4 muh you don't need to be a cook
>>
File: rawrcolor.jpg (76KB, 910x512px) Image search: [Google]
rawrcolor.jpg
76KB, 910x512px
>>3002184
works well if you ad value.

its steal cheating though, worse than tracing
>>
>>3002184
Okay, that's pretty fuckin' impressive.

Can we get this as a filter for PS? All you'd have to do is block in the values and use this as a color layer on top, it could probably speed up, say, comic page process maybe 10%, which would be amazing.
>>
>>3002184
It is still shit.
>>
>>3002184

That feel when /ic/ is worse than some neural network. That feel when /ic/ will be replaced by simple bots before it gets good.
>>
meh
>>
>>3002184
good, I only like the linework process, but normies don't look at anything which doesn't have colors for more than 2 sec

when I'll get home maybe I'll remember to try it out
>>
>>3002184
Why are programmers so determined to make every profession obsolete?
>>
>>3002966
They want to be the only ones who git gud wages. They're envious because most popular artists only need, like, a couple of months to get god-knows-how-many grand, and a good programmer needs to work years to achieve that.
>>
I think I broke it
>>
>>3002803
It does colours automatically, but sometimes you need to put colours because the automated colours can be weird.
>>
i seems like more work to get it right than to just do it yourself
>>
>>3002966
>>3002992
They just want to simplify task when possible... (IT student here)

I myself am brainstorming on a way to render 2d things faster for animation. (this won't kill animators or illustrators,it'll just shorten the process,that's all)

If you're good enough, you won't be easily replaceable : we're very far from having creative AI that can draw like Ruan Jia! Take it as a challenge for your skill & craftsmanship...
>>
Okay. "Great" program.
>>
Here's something to think about:
Unless bots start getting significantly better at recognising objects from seemingly random lines (unlikely), the way a tool like this will evolve is through more user settings.
In the end, the user would probably have enough tunable settings to make the bot do really good coloring. But consider this, the effort to input all the settings you want will probably be just as much work as coloring it yourself.

It's kind of analogous to the "bots will write their own code soon" argument.
>>
i think google is on its way to make a decent perception ai. and were helping it in every post we make here : p
>>
>>3002184
What are the terms of using this? Am I losing rights to my image?
>>
>>3002184
i'm not replaced just yet
>>
>>3003268
I like this one though
>>
>>3003269
though it can be hit and miss..
>>
>>3002917
rip
>>
File: colored.jpg (63KB, 512x732px) Image search: [Google]
colored.jpg
63KB, 512x732px
I like it
>>
>>3002428
> straight out insulting other artists condescendingly = criticism now

keep sinking lower /ic/
>>
File: tumblr_oqmivuhhXG1t3g0xco3_1280.png (2MB, 1280x1792px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oqmivuhhXG1t3g0xco3_1280.png
2MB, 1280x1792px
The artist's actual colours for this are much better, pic related.

Also why are you using his art to bait /ic/ ? Use your own work faggot.
>>
>>3003640
Nice. Much better.
>>
>>3002184
What's the difference between tanpopo and satsuki
>>
File: girl_study.jpg (226KB, 992x500px) Image search: [Google]
girl_study.jpg
226KB, 992x500px
>tfw I spent 40 minutes on the right picture
I legit want to be able to draw like a brainless app, how sad is that.

>>3003270
Oh hey Iris, I never got to thank you for that one thread I shamelessly keep benefiting from, so thanks and have a lovely day.
>>
I can totally see newspaper comic strips done 100% with this
>>
File: glarmf coloured by science.jpg (52KB, 682x818px) Image search: [Google]
glarmf coloured by science.jpg
52KB, 682x818px
i am aroused
>>
File: art.jpg (47KB, 512x614px) Image search: [Google]
art.jpg
47KB, 512x614px
Nice
>>
>>3003959
yeah and looking like shit next to normal done artwork
>>
>>3002184
my runner girl did a bunch of my line drawings for me a couple of weeks ago, or a week ago, idk. seems interesting for generating a bunch of color schemes quickly, i'd like to see what it can do for animation.
>>
>>3004044
what is a runner girl
>>
>>3004047
like a gofer
>>
Its better if the lines and drawing is tighter. Im sure it wont kill us off in our lifetimes considering people get jobs because of their unique vision.
>>
>>3002184
But did it DRAW the pic on the left on it's own?
>>
>>3002593
>>3002610
seriously, this has potential man. the coloring added a lot of depth. has a great modern art feel to it. the key to art is to make it large, perhaps 19x24in? Size gives it the illusion it's important or profound or that theres a lot to be interpreted. There's no such thing as subpar. I would definitely hang that in my room tbqh senpai
>>
>>3002409
>>3002435

Robots can build a car, too. I can't build a car. Computers can do math in seconds that would take me hours. Calling someone a robot doesn't imply it's easy, it implies it's highly mechanical and procedural to the point of mindlessness.
>>
>>3004161
well I'm convinced. I'll share when I make a painting out of it.
>>
>>3002428
>yea congratz, u colored a anime sketch. Jap anime "artists" are almost bots anyway in their way of thinking, so whats the difference

what sort of dumbfuck criticism is that

that's just being an inflammatory retard
>>
>>3002184
>tool meant to replace artists
>is used mainly by artists to make their work easier
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.