[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I drew this in class when we were supposed to create a different

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: robot mona lisa2.png (592KB, 1275x1750px) Image search: [Google]
robot mona lisa2.png
592KB, 1275x1750px
I drew this in class when we were supposed to create a different version of Mona Lisa using both digital and physical methods. My art teacher told me that i needed something more refined if i wanted a better grade than C. What can i do to make it look more refined?
>>
Your class is bullshit

It's clear that they're not teaching anyone any fundamentals in how to draw and paint

A requirement of making something in both traditional and digital is a stupid requirement that teaches nothing and just makes it harder to produce a good image
Physical mediums are dead anyway

Parodying the Mona Lisa teaches nothing

The teacher clearly doesn't care about you otherwise they would have offered more useful critique

Drop out, reapply for a stem program, get a job and draw in your free time. You will make faster progress
>>
>>2999664
Black clean line work and shading on the skin and metal. Right now it looks unfinished.
>>
>>2999668
we only have art class one hour a week and the only reason we have it is because the school wants us to know the basics of drawing since we are studying to become engineers. The Mona Lisa project is only something we have been doing for three weeks to learn how to use a tablet. The problem i have is that i have no idea about how i make it look more refined.
>>
>>2999672
how do i shade metal or skin?
I am quite new to drawing.
>>
>>2999678
>engineer
>drawing class that does not consist of only line drawing

Your entire school is bullshit
>>
>>2999678
Don't fucking paint it then. If you're going to become an engineer then you should be aiming to display technical skills, so rough it out again and fix the glaring perspective errors then do it as clean lineart, not that choppy pixellated shit.
>>
File: robot mona lisa.png (4MB, 1275x1750px) Image search: [Google]
robot mona lisa.png
4MB, 1275x1750px
>>2999705
i drew this sketch on paper and then used it as the base for the second one. Is that similar?
>>
>>2999721
Why didn't you use a ruler?
>>
>>2999722
i drwe the basics of the shapes by holding a piece of paper and a printed out picture of Mona Lisa up againsta a window and folding the lines. probably should have used a ruler for the pistons. But what i want to know is what i can do to my drawing to make it look less unfinished and more realistic
>>
>>2999735
>>2999715
>>
>>2999735
*draw
sorry
>>
File: 1478573415163.jpg (95KB, 532x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1478573415163.jpg
95KB, 532x1024px
>>2999735
Alright alright
What you can do is increase the value range/contrast
Particularly on the metal
The more reflective something is the more it reflects the environment. Your metal looks to be semi reflective so you should make it look more shiny.

Areas that aren't on the surface of the mechanical parts are on the inside of his body. Despite being still visible it would be a good effect to make them darker, so that by comparisan the areas that are on the surface stand out more.

You should make the background darker so the character in the front stands out more.

Add random details on the table in the front to make it look less empty, like screws,tools , wires, whatever could be on the table
>>
File: non-horrors-2.jpg (114KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
non-horrors-2.jpg
114KB, 1024x576px
>>2999739
>>
>>2999741
>>
File: 1492373102195865153.jpg (57KB, 600x303px) Image search: [Google]
1492373102195865153.jpg
57KB, 600x303px
>>2999742
>>
Also notice in >>2999741 there is the main warm light coming from the front but there is also a cooler light coming in from the right
Having two lightsources is a good way to make an image look better
>>
File: blarg.png (488KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
blarg.png
488KB, 600x800px
>>
>>2999781
that looks even worse.
>>
>>2999781
fix your perspectives man
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.