[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHY THE FUCK IS THIS THING SO FUCKING HARD TO ORDER? WHY IS IT

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

WHY THE FUCK IS THIS THING SO FUCKING HARD TO ORDER? WHY IS IT ONLY SCAM SITES SELLING THIS?
>>
Just order the figma version on amazon
>>
>>2995510
ebay?
>>
File: now listen here.jpg (507KB, 1440x1771px) Image search: [Google]
now listen here.jpg
507KB, 1440x1771px
>>2995510
>not designing and 3D printing your own shitty knockoff
>>
I wanted to get this but those sites selling it seemed shady as fuck.
What's the deal with this?
>>
File: IMG_20170408_180242.jpg (2MB, 2336x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170408_180242.jpg
2MB, 2336x4160px
>>2995510
Oh, fuck don't order that. I got the girl version, its trash. SHIT for flexibility despite the on point proportions.

>>2995531
This. I've heard great things of the figma one.
>>
>>2995510
>>2995805

Amazon sells it, why are you using "scam sites"? because you want it for cheaper? if it's being sold for less than $60 then there's a 99% chance it's a knock off and don't buy it.
>>
>>2995812
>Oh, fuck don't order that. I got the girl version, its trash. SHIT for flexibility despite the on point proportions.

it's actually really good, flexability wise. you think the opposite because looking at the picture you posted that seems to be a knock off.

the proportions are super anime and if you want a more realistic model and proportions the figma are a better and cheaper choice
>>
Are these even worth it? I feel like by the time I have the money to buy one I will be able to draw bodies from imagination and be able to use references reliably.
>>
>>2995879
they help coming up with poses, fixing foreshortening problems, having a solid object with mass to help thinking in 3d etc

wether they are worth it depends on your budget
>>
>>2995838
I got it from their official site, and many reviews I read up afterwards had the same complaints. Unless everyone is getting scammed, I think it's the real one.

Can you get me a pic of your one doing a full side split? Cause mine can't
>>
>>2995879
Their main function is to help you find new poses by playing around with them, and work out difficult angles by using them as ref. Especially shots where large parts of the body are obstructed by appendiges due to fortshortening. Those are the most difficulty to draw. Get some wide angle and fisheye lenses for your phone camera, and you're set for some sweet fucking comps.

That said, I think I'd ultimately legit recommend good action figures over these dolls. Flexibility > Style. The doll is mostly there for ref, so as long as the proportions are accurate enough, you're good.
>>
>>2995879

Figures are good simply to play around with and test your posing ideas. With 2 figures, you can work out interlocking poses that most people have trouble drawing from imagination.

High end dolls with fabric clothes lets you see how clothes would drape, and you can turn them in ways that you can't easily achieve with human models.

Speaking in general, it's good to draw from life, and drawing a toy is drawing from life. Just don't think it's going to be an adequate replacement of actual knowledge of figure drawing.
>>
This is OP, I've calmed down to be less of a faggot.

>>2995897

Yeah, this is what I'm using it for. The poses I utilize aren't nearly as extream as full splits, but I do want a girl and boy to see underneath and above at different angels.

The only reason why I don't want the figma one is because the back is disconnected, and I don't need all of the muscle detail. Delicate stuff like that is best found with photographs or actual models.

I have a bunch of reference books, and I liked the poses in them but you can't get them in top down or top up points of reference considering their only photos. Coupled with these and a good camera, I can make my own reference! So yeah, that is cool.

Thank you for the response.
>>
>>2995886
>>2995897
>>2995899
Interesting, can anyone recommend any figure/doll that isn't absurdly expensive?
>>
>>2995891
i saw your pic and her foot is really badly molded, which is why i assumed it was fake. also the fact that you call the figures flexibility "SHIT". which is an over exaggeration, it's not perfect but far from shit.
>>
>>2995909
Idk. I plan on just buying some Power Ranger's/Superhero/etc... action figures from a toy store desu. It's comes out cheaper, and you get all you really need for the sake of drawing really. The key, for me at least, is in the joints and flexibility, as I need them mostly for dynamic action/battle poses. If all you want is to pose waifus in sexy poses, then Body-chan will do the job,
>>
>>2995510
Does anyone here have this and previous experience with a phone app like artpose? What's the point in having one of these once you can use posing software well?
>>
>>2996064
I used the Design Doll posing software for a bit. I hated it. Not only was it memory hungry, but it was also very cumbersome to work with.

I use posing dolls to experiment and play around with different poses, so for me it's a very hands on approach, I gotta move things around with my hands to get that feeling right what is actually good. Using the software takes too much time to just mess around with stuff and move the joints into place properly, that you spend more time doing that, than drawing. With an actual doll, I can get that pose just right very quickly, and I can easily change things around if I don't feel it's what I want. This also benefits doing sketches as I can play around with angles a lot more easily to find the right angle for the shot.

tl;dr mostly experimentation. Working with your hands is also a lot easier.
>>
>>2996082
I've become pretty fast with ArtPose, I use it mostly as foreshortening reference so I just pose the arm or leg I need. I can see that these dolls are fast to work with and the thing about experimenting new poses, but I've always been concerned about durability - lots of tiny, plastic friction joints doesn't sound too good - especially when the price is so high.

How long have you had it?
>>
>>2996091
Body Chan? Not very long, like a couple months, and I've only used it for a couple female poses. I also have a Snake figma that I occasionally use for male poses, though I don't do that often for the reasons you mentioned.

It's again, why I just wanna go and pick up some action figures. Those toys are meant for kids, so they have high durability.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.