[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey can someone help me out? I got this skateboard I woodburned

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 20170524_124618.jpg (2MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20170524_124618.jpg
2MB, 2576x1932px
Hey can someone help me out? I got this skateboard I woodburned and it turned out ok other than the fact it's incredibly dull. I want to improve it but scared to ruin what I've put in so far.i was thinking wood dyes but Google isn't really helping when I search for what could possibly be best materials and techniques. Im also very amateur with a wood burning pen so i dont think i should try shading but maybe additional designs? Any tips or thoughts would be much appreciated
>>
Varnish?
>>
Barnish
>>
Is this going to be used for real skating?
If so, I wouldn't worry about messing up the coloring of it. That shits going to be destroyed in the first couple hours
>>
just take the front of it
>>
>>2995349
qft

Don't you need to put that grippy sand paper on top? And if its the bottom than yeah, isn't it gonna get destroyed? Better save it as a decoration or something.

I've done wood burning and it can be so hard to get past the wood grain, it makes the lines all squiggly. If you didn't have that problem (I dont know what the deck is made out of, it could be smooth wood) than try putting designs in the words or around them, but if you DID notice that the grain of the wood works against the smoothness of your lines I would NOT suggest it, get wood stain and try to selectively stain it. You could use masks if you want, maybe. I'm no expert so take all this advice with a grain of salt, if I were you id look up "wood burning creations" or something on google, I'm sure people have stained/varnished the wood slectively.
>>
>dad rock
>>
Thought about colouring it with posca?
>>
Why rolling stones?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.