[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.ted.com/talks/kirby_fer guson_embrace_the_remix

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

https://www.ted.com/talks/kirby_ferguson_embrace_the_remix
>>
>>2993580
Thanks for reminding me.

Also Steve Jobs is a cunt.
>>
I like this film.
>>
>>2994290
Whats wrong with jobs?
>>
File: 3313787_p0.jpg (98KB, 630x770px) Image search: [Google]
3313787_p0.jpg
98KB, 630x770px
>>2993580
Do I really even need to watch this to know it's just another unoriginal cunt using contrived definitions and misappropriated quotes to talk about how nothing is original?

These people, I swear. There's no beauty, originality, or value in the world, yet somehow anything can be """art""". Not because of any qualities it has, but because of qualities nothing has. Really... makes... you... think...
>>
>>2997650
He was a cunt
>>
File: remix4.png (99KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
remix4.png
99KB, 500x281px
>>2997663
Not exactly, he gives a variety of examples of popular works in media, and how they ripped off from other sources, such as the Matrix, Star Wars, and even Stairway to Heaven.

He talks about how human creativity and innovation is built upon the work of others, for example, Einstein's theory of relativity is a composite of all the other work of his peers at that time as well. Or how the printing press, wouldn't have come to be, without other discoveries before it, etc...

He also mentions copyright law, and how it stifles creativity in its current iteration, as we start to view ideas as property, when they're not in fact, as ideas are built from other ideas, etc... He cites various problems that come up when viewing ideas as property, due to humans being territorial by nature.

My biggest take away from it however was pic related. I think really embracing this concept really helps you out as a creative, as without understanding thus, you'll be blind to the that in some way, you are copying from something, as ideas don't exist in a vacuum. This, embracing the creative process can really help you make your work feel less derivative by taking influence from so many sources, it stops feeling so derivative.

It's a great documentary, and I thoroughly recommend everyone here check it out.
>>
>>2997663
You're an idiot.

Doesn't surprise me that you draw manga.
>>
>>2997650
lol
>>
>>2993580
I remember this video essay from several years ago. Is this the guy I have to thank for the slew of youtube channels dedicated to surface-level armchair analysis videos about popular culture by uncharismatic middle-class pseuds with monotonous voices and an aesthetic education comprised of watching TED talks and browising reddit (such as le nerdwriter1, superbunnyhop, every frame a painting, errant signal, adam neely, holistic songwriting and many, many more)?
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 630x413px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 630x413px
>>2993580
>Dylan was about 20 in 1960
Well that's a kick in the ass... At least someone's kept tabs on that son of a bitch. https://youtu.be/1ix2niNIvH4
>>
>>2998402
So what? James Joyce didn't get published until he was 32.
>>
File: image.jpg (98KB, 545x381px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 545x381px
I wish that the presenter had offered the other side of the coin, which is best exemplified by the Riot In Ephesus. This concerns craftsmen who were strongly attached to one particular form of representation.

"About that time there arose no little stir concerning The Way. For a man named Demetrius, a silversmith, who made silver shrines of Artemis, brought no little business to the craftsmen. These he gathered together, with the workmen of like occupation, and said, "Men, you know that from this business we have our wealth. And you see and hear that not only at Ephesus but almost throughout all Asia this Paul has persuaded and turned away a considerable company of people, saying that gods made with hands are not gods [see Images and Idols]. And there is danger not only that this trade of ours may come into disrepute but also that the temple of the great goddess Artemis may count for nothing, and that she may even be deposed from her magnificence, she whom all Asia and the world worship."

"When they heard this they were enraged, and cried out, "Great is Artemis of the Ephesians!" So the city was filled with the confusion; and they rushed together into the theater, dragging with them Gaius and Aristarchus, Macedonians who were Paul's companions in travel. Paul wished to go in among the crowd, but the disciples would not let him; some of the Asiarchs also, who were friends of his, sent to him and begged him not to venture into the theater."
>>
All my artwork is original.
>>
>>2998460
Has anyone ever thought as far as what more to?
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 317x331px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 317x331px
>>2998932
Yuppers.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.