[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think it's time to discuss the most important part of

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 11

File: como el shortombos.jpg (13KB, 263x395px) Image search: [Google]
como el shortombos.jpg
13KB, 263x395px
I think it's time to discuss the most important part of anyone's improvement. How does /ic/ get motivated?
>>
File: jbd3SnzYwXU.jpg (132KB, 1105x1213px) Image search: [Google]
jbd3SnzYwXU.jpg
132KB, 1105x1213px
>>2993310

By following my dick ofc
>>
motivation is only powered by emotion (which doesn't last long)

if you're disciplined, you won't need motivation - if you need motivation, you won't make it, end of story
>>
By looking at good art, eg. not mine.

>drawn all day for little to no progress, maybe a bit o regression.

Tomorrow is another day, I guess.

>>2993314
This is a nice waifu, I feel a bit more motivated now.
>>
>>2993310
Motivation is just that, a motive. A goal. If you don't have a goal and are just shooting aimlessly, than I have no clue as to why you want to do art. But the instant you have a goal, like an artist or a concept you want to draw like cute anime girls, then you have a road to improvement. That is your motivation.

Also don't fall for the
>if you have discipline, you won't need motivation meme
It's bullshit, you need motivation along the way, discipline is like learning how to shovel dirt, but if you don't want to shovel dirt, then it's pointless to learn how to shovel dirt.
>>
>>2993314
is that your drawing?
>>
>>2993314
PLEASE

BLOG
>>
>>2993359
imnotpops
>>
>>2993326
Motivation is good when you're starting, that's when you're finding out why you want to draw. But you'll still need a great deal of discipline, which will keep you improving despite losing motivation.
>>
File: 61312099_p0_master1200.jpg (632KB, 840x1200px) Image search: [Google]
61312099_p0_master1200.jpg
632KB, 840x1200px
>>2993310
I find art I enjoy and decide I want to make my own art as nice as it. Seeing artists far ahead of myself in skill just make me want to pick my bum off the ground and get working to hopefully reach their level.
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 640x483px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 640x483px
Creative influence. Sometimes you can look at an artist's work and begin to find reference images you know they would respond to... So in effect, you beginncreating works which they should have made, or could have made. You can update and juxtapose their style with something more modern, in order to knit the past more seamlessly into the present day.
>>
by believing some day my art will make someone say, wow that's pretty good.

So far, I haven't achieved that
>>
you dont need to be motivated you just do it. after a while it becomes habit and you just want to.....needing motivation....hah
>>
Im an alcoholic. I drink and draw every night and I have for years.

It doesn't matter whats going on in my life. When I sit down with an IPA or some whiskey my creative juices flow. It's 100% success rate.

I wasnt that way before I started drinking. It's the biggest reason Im an alcoholic for sure.

PS my work is regularly praised here.
>>
Doodles, no matter how bad they are. I aspire to be a great doodler one day like Araki
>>
>>2993423
i wonder how many "like araki"'s browse this board
>>
File: 754a7bda1bba1d42d316fae0b1afee02.jpg (714KB, 1884x2736px) Image search: [Google]
754a7bda1bba1d42d316fae0b1afee02.jpg
714KB, 1884x2736px
>>2993426
I want to doodle like Araki, his rendered work is good but I wouldn't call it hugely influential to me or something I aspire to.

I've always found rougher styles and looking at artists sketchbooks and concept art more interesting than their rendered work.
>>
>>2993314
andrae?
>>
Discomfort.
>>
>>2993417
Post your work
>>
>>2993641
that does not look like andrae's stuff
>>
File: 55.png (111KB, 376x265px) Image search: [Google]
55.png
111KB, 376x265px
>>2993310
More importantly how the FUCK do you get motivated to draw enviroments? It's so fucking boring. I look at the best nature paintings and at best my feelings on them are 'meh'. I've got zero (0) excitement drawing any backgrounds.
>>
If you dont naturally get the fucking itch to draw youre just a poser. If you have to force yourself to even get motivated to want to draw, how the fuck do you expect to seriously develop your skills if you dont even want to try? Not being pedantic or an asshole on purpose or anything but seriously. Whenever I have nothing to do or im watching a movie or listening to a podcast or something I naturally just start drawing. I could draw all fucking day if you let me.
>>2993984
Like this fag. If you want to literally just draw people and nothing else you dont even understand drawing. Your characters have to exist within a space. You NEED environments to give to context and set the perspective of the rest of the drawing. If you have no frame of reference and just draw characters in a void all the time thats just lame and boring. Do you really not care about the beauty of nature and understanding how learning the form of naturally occuring things can help you improve? Why are you even drawing if you dont want to actually draw? Get the fuck out and go do anime titty commissions on hentai foundry or something.
>>
File: goodluck.jpg (11KB, 267x189px) Image search: [Google]
goodluck.jpg
11KB, 267x189px
>>2993310
some simply enjoy drawing and dont require motivation or incentive to do so, hope you come to like drawing anon
>>
I have this weird habit where I don't draw, even though I want to and am motivated.
>>
>>2993310
listen to gorilla bisuit
>>
>>2994013
Lots of blahblah.

I hated drawing for two years and now I make a living out of it. And I still procrastinate, just deploy techniques to minimize it.

Why? Because depression and PTSD make every fucking single thing difficult, even brushing my teeth. I still made it.
>>
I find I'm better motivated when I'm paid for it.

Outside from that, I find a good trick is to go draw a nude model. Not only because you get to see real life tiddies but because there's a form of social pressure at play, just stopping and walking out in the middle of it would be weird you know?
>>
File: yfg.png (265KB, 1290x636px) Image search: [Google]
yfg.png
265KB, 1290x636px
I've had the urge to draw all of my life, but other stuff keeps getting in the way day by day
I'm determined I'm still gonna make it though, how else am I gonna get all this smut in my head out?
>>
>>2994174
Just draw.
>>
File: apoKA.jpg (305KB, 960x461px) Image search: [Google]
apoKA.jpg
305KB, 960x461px
i get motivated when i think that producing and creating is a priviledge of being human and that i should do it as much as i can
that my art is not that good and that i should try to be my best always, and die at my best
im still starting all this and my stuff isn't all that serious but i dig it so it isnt that hard to get motivated

also if you like check my insta, i'm looking for some art sites to follow there cause its a new account (@jaminji)
>>
>>2994145
Oh in addition to this - advice I guess would be more useful to someone just starting out - I find I'm the most likely to start drawing "for fun" whenever the situation I'm in is arranged so that the art is a form of escape, rather than the very thing I'm procrastinating on.

Or in other words if it's the most entertaining thing I have access to. Back in school I got tons of stuff drawn simply because that was the only way I would endure through the boring classes and lectures (no smart phones back then). Right now I'm actually procrastinating on a programming project I started a while ago, which actually is driving me towards drawing unrelated shit instead. Which I'm perfectly fine with. The mind works in weird ways, it's easier to do all the things you don't need to do instead of the one thing you're constantly telling yourself you need to do. So if you think you need to draw more, maybe it's a good idea to start some tryhard project in an entirely different discipline so you can procrastinate on it by drawing instead?

Or you could just go outside and only take a sketchbook with you (no phone, if you tend to be addicted to that) go to some cafe or other place and draw there. The fewer distractions you have around you the easier it is to focus.
>>
>>2993310
Looking at the art of people much better than me, and thinking "I wanna get to this level."

Looking at my own progress to remind myself how far I've come.

Reminding myself of my personal goals, and the life I could have if I get there.

Having an accountabilabuddy who pushes me to improve, and vice versa.
>>
I enjoy reading and watching artist interviews. It's inspiring to see how people's thought process, and how they became successful. Youtube is awesome for this, because not only will you find translated interviews, but lots of Youtubers made their own mini documentaries for artists,
>>
>>2993310
Listen to some music you like and try to imagine music videos for them, it's worked pretty well for me.
>>
>>2993310
I've been drawing all day - and I mean every waking hour - for the last 4-5 years and I've improved quite a bit since I started. Lately I've had a bunch of health problems from a condition I have, and I barely touched a pencil in the last week.

I took a long hard look at my art and I'm still light years away from the level of competence of the artists I look up to. I've always soldiered through the slumps, failures and depression, I've always been really harsh with the self-criticism but for the very first time I feel like the right thing to do is quit and save myself all these pointless headaches. For the first time I can't ignore the bad vibes and draw anyway, I just can't get myself to.

Maybe I fucked up, I practiced wrong? I feel really hopeless about the whole thing.
>>
>>2994192
Where does someone without friends find an accountabilabuddy?
>>
File: 1480248271752.jpg (261KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1480248271752.jpg
261KB, 800x600px
>>2995414
contact someone whod youd like to be your accountabilabuddy
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.