[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My Wacom Intuos Pro draws when I try to erase with the eraser

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1423205289179.jpg (650KB, 2000x1205px) Image search: [Google]
1423205289179.jpg
650KB, 2000x1205px
My Wacom Intuos Pro draws when I try to erase with the eraser end. What the fuck is this shit and why has it happened on several different PCs and multiple drawing applications over a 2 year period?

It's not the only issue either---often when I start drawing a line it just seizes, until I lift the tip of the pen, at which point I just get a straight line between the point where it froze and the point where I lifted the pen. Has happened both with Photoshop and Krita.

Is this some kind of elephant in the room with digital drawing? Why is it so unreliable? Am I just incredibly unlucky? Does Wacom just have shit drivers? Is this a standard user experience with digital drawing? What's going on here?

Do I need to buy a Huion? HELP
>>
>>2992918
>My Wacom Intuos Pro draws when I try to erase with the eraser end.
The behavior of the pen is controlled by the control panel, have you opened it, and seen what behavior is assigned to the eraser?
>when I start drawing a line it just seizes, until I lift the tip of the pen, at which point I just get a straight line between the point where it froze and the point where I lifted the pen.
The only time I've seen this happen was on a computer that was running Photoshop, and was overheating. The stall is from the buffer timing out.

What is your system, what app are you using, how much ram do you have, how old/full is the HD the apps are on? What system version, and what drivers?

Millions of people use Intuos pads every day just fine. The problem is your system, and how it's set up, and if it can handle what you're doing.
>>
>>2992918
You probably fucked your pen/tablet or got a defective unit. I own an intuos5 since it was released and it was left in the rain, sister smashed it on the floor and it's still working like on day one.
F
>>
File: Untitled.png (23KB, 539x579px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
23KB, 539x579px
>>2992925
CPU: Ryzen 7 1800x
RAM: 32 GB (like 5 GB used)
GPU: Nvidia GTX 660
Wacom driver: 6.3.21-10 (latest?)
Drawing application installed on SSD with >25% unused

As you can see, eraser function is enabled.

The eraser issue is intermittent and last struck half an hour ago in the middle of drafting in Krita. Now it won't go away, despite a reboot.

Currently using latest Krita at stock settings, and latest Wacom drivers. I like to call myself non-retarded with computers and I take care of my Winows installations in general. Haven't fucked around with any touch settings, etc. Wacom settings are also pretty much stock.

Could it be that my unit is simply defective? Wonder if the warranty covers it. Shit
>>
File: Untitled.png (28KB, 616x626px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
28KB, 616x626px
Also here's the info thing.

Something of note may be that both the tip of the pen and eraser display as Switches: 1. Not sure if that means the driver is thinking both are the same for some reason
>>
>>2992918
>Is this some kind of elephant in the room with digital drawing?
Sorta, yes, on windows.
>Why is it so unreliable?
Windows.
>Am I just incredibly unlucky?
Nope, I've dealt with the disaster of wacom + windows too.
>Does Wacom just have shit drivers?
On windows, yes. Elsewhere, even linux, no.
>Is this a standard user experience with digital drawing?
Yes, on windows.
What's going on here?
Wacom + windows. Shit's fucked, yo.

>>2992938
>>2992963
You might've installed the wrong drivers after all.
Well, after Wacom's retarded rebranding some years ago, I'm not blaming you. Just know that such shit is only a problem on windows.

Reminder that Wacom also saves customer passwords in plaintext.
>>
>>2992988
>You might've installed the wrong drivers after all.
Really? What makes you think that? Windows automatically downloaded them if that matters.
>>
File: 1488036670054.gif (329KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1488036670054.gif
329KB, 256x256px
>>2992918
1.Open Wacom settings

2.make sure the Use Windows Ink option is selected

3.Go to Control Panel

4.Hardware and Sound

5.Under Pen and Touch select "change tablet pen settings"

6.In the dialog box, make sure the box that says use top of pen as eraser is checked.

7.Double click "press and hold" function

8.Uncheck the box in the top right corner to get rid OF THAT STUPID FUCKING RING THAT POPS UP WHENEVER YOU HAVE YOUR STYLUS PRESSED DOWN FOR MORE THAN A GODDAMN MILLISECOND, SERIOUSLY FUCK WINDOWS 10.

That should do it.
>>
>>2992918
fucking why use the eraser end anyway when you can just press E you fuckn pleb
>>
>>2993013
Doesn't windows ink show those annoying af "shift" or "alt" ? Just use the PSUser config and disable it. Made life so much better.
>>
>>2992992
Well in that case they're wrong.
You'll need to go to the wacom site to download the right ones. Good luck making sense of that site if it's still the same it was a couple years ago.

And if absolutely nothing has changed, the downloads won't work and you'll have to use the driver install disc that came with the device but windows will install it's choice of drivers anyways, leaving your pc to randomly choose between the wrong drivers, the right drivers or no drivers at all and to reroll you have to reboot. That was my experience with wacom on windows and one of the core reasons I'm not using Windows anymore.
>>
>>2993013
Thanks for the help but the issue remains.

>>2993017
Because that's a fucking workaround for a $500 product and I've still got the issue where the line sometimes sperg out and start lagging

>>2993029
How do I confirm that I've got the wrong drivers?
>>
Compare the version number with the correct one, I guess.
Just go to the website and install the correct drivers. Uninstalling Window's is a good idea too. It tends to install tablet pc sort of things.
>>
>>2993042
It's not a workaround because you should be doing it ANYWAY if you want efficient workflow, anyway I know what you mean about the line sperging out as well restarting my computer works for that anyway
>>
>>2993177
i for one love the ereaser end
it has a different feel than the pen tip and it feels so natural
>>
>>2993234
this is digital art faggot its far from natural the whole reason you're painting on a computer is cuz of EFFICIENCY now get your shit together
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.