[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /ic/ I am kinda new on this board but I think I will spend

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: eyes-4.png (123KB, 500x159px) Image search: [Google]
eyes-4.png
123KB, 500x159px
Hello /ic/ I am kinda new on this board but I think I will spend a lot of time here in the future because I recently got into art

I was meaning to ask this question
back in high school, I had an art teacher who planted the idea of "Drawing is a talent and if you didn't have the talent you shouldn't waste your time trying to draw." but recently I discovered that drawing/painting is mostly based on skill and I met a lot of artists who started from 0
the thing is that I'm 20 now and I just got into drawing and I was wondering if I should stop because of all of those years I have wasted because of that teacher

(art is not mine but it motivates me to practice more and more)
>>
She's right, you do need talent, you haven't talked to those who failed yet.
>>
>>2992879
>Drawing is a talent and if you didn't have the talent you shouldn't waste your time trying to draw
Your teacher sounds like a failure. People on here will parrot that too because they are just lazy fucks and then get jealous when others progress faster than them. Those people exist everywhere.

If you want to learn and put effort into it, you WILL see results sooner or later. You can do it faggot.
>>
>>2992879
Everyone has some innate genetic talent, some people just learn certain things faster than others and art is no exception. BUT nobody was every born able to draw shit and everyone has to learn. Its little faggots who say 'oh I always wanted to draw but I don't have the gift for it' who are the people who shouldn't waste their time since their attitude is so terrible.

Bottom line is, you can't do anything about your innate ability, but you can try and as long as you're trying that's all anyone can ask of you.
>>
>>2992879
We had a thread that is currently purging on the subject of talent >>2981504

If you ask me, I don't know or care whether or not "talent" actually exists or is required, but I know that the key to becoming adept at pretty much anything is to always stay analytical of your efforts, always work to improve your weak points and never stagnate. Once you've internalized that mindset then there's nothing stopping you from learning anything, no matter what subject.
>>
>>2992879
it sorta depends.
what do you want to do art for is the first thing.
if it's just for hobby or fun then it doesnt matter. You have no timeframe to get good and can spend as much time as you need to to get as good as you want.

however if you want to make money or a living off of it... it depends again.

there a ton of people who make money off their art and it basic af blobs. or calarts looking or tumblrite art.

and a ton of skillful artists who struggle to even make 100$ a month.

so talent really doesn't have anything to do with art. Unless you are looking for instant gratification then that's where talent comes in.
>>
File: 1418244210190.jpg (8KB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
1418244210190.jpg
8KB, 280x210px
>>2992879
If you're able to think critically and use abstract thought, you can draw.
>>
File: 1000ShiaPerDay.jpg (105KB, 1300x732px) Image search: [Google]
1000ShiaPerDay.jpg
105KB, 1300x732px
>>2992879
>"Drawing is a talent and if you didn't have the talent you shouldn't waste your time trying to draw."

... and that's why she became an art teacher instead of an artist.

You're 20. I'm not a neuroscientist with a thesis on neuroplasticity, but I do know that 20 isn't too late. Consider the other side of the coin, would you give up now and then have regrets in your 30's?

Also, why the hell do you think that you don't have a talent for drawing. How can you know how far your brain can take you if you don't put it on trial.
>>
File: 1480807165129.png (51KB, 400x351px) Image search: [Google]
1480807165129.png
51KB, 400x351px
>>2992882
you haven't talked to those who gave up yet*
ftfy
>>
>>2993053
welp holy shit I'm fucked
>>
>>2992879
I had not a SINGLE good art teacher in school. No wonder thought, which good artist would like to teach in public school, where being retard is prevalent. You just gotta learn it yourself, like everything valuable in life.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.