[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>post a WIP >get LOOMISed why is this board so mean? studies

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: 201603_1131_bfdcb_sm.png (24KB, 300x255px) Image search: [Google]
201603_1131_bfdcb_sm.png
24KB, 300x255px
>post a WIP
>get LOOMISed
why is this board so mean? studies have shown that a positive atmosphere is conducive to learning and a healthy community, what's wrong with you people?
>>
>what's wrong with you people?
Read the sticky.
>>
Dumb frogposter
>>
>>2987915
Frogposters should just die
>>
>>2987915
i don't think coming to 4chan for a friendly and positive community is the best of ideas...

if you do find a positive community let me know. I also am looking for something like that.
>>
A couple studies today showed me that OP can't stop gagging on cock.
What do you have to save for yourself OP
>>
>>2987915
Not gonna make it.
>>
>>2987915
more often than not, hard critique that's straight to the point will help you more than the shitty comments you get on other places like DA.
they're scared of hurting feelings and 9/10 comments are "wow, tat's amazing", while you're sitting there thinking your anatomy is obviously garbage. Deal with it m8.
>>
File: MaturePoetsSteal.jpg (80KB, 516x667px) Image search: [Google]
MaturePoetsSteal.jpg
80KB, 516x667px
>>2987915
>a positive atmosphere is conducive to learning

Actually it would explain a lot about his board.
>>
>>2988046

Unfortunately, there are some problems with that statement. A lot of the 'harsh critique' is given by

- people who really aren't experienced enough to critique.
- anons who like to troll, and therefore the advice is questionable at best.
- people with diverging tastes who will give advice based on criteria that might not align with your own.
>>
>>2987915
because most people here are frustrated ''''''''artistis''''''''' who spend more time shitposting and being rude to people than drawing something or being overall constructive.

Most boards on 4chan are exactly so. /fit/ for example is full of dyels and fatasses who praise Riplletits and squats in such dogmatic way that's just pathetic.
These people attach to a pseudo truth as a way to achieve identity for their fragile egos, attacking anyone who may present opposite opinion than theirs. They do so because they have nothing more than their biases in life, they are all sad cunts.

The worst of all is that material like Loomis are great, but these fags overrate it's purpose in such way that they corrupt such material. They can't comprehend that not everyone want to do photo-realism for example, these assholes.

Came here as well with the hope to be better at drawing, but all I see is arrogance and immaturity.
>>
>>2988067
If we look at it like that, I think we could apply that to any kind of critique really.

unexperienced critiques are usually very obvious.

As for the trolls, well, we've got a brain for a reason. people should look at critique as a guideline and verify it themselves. What good is a critique if you don't see the problem yourself?

If you were to draw comics for example, an artist who prefers fine art could critique it to the ground, regardless of the place the critique is posted at. As for advice, you still have to see for yourself which you decide to actually use.

All things considered, I still prefer the harsh comments on 4chan over the wimpy comments on other places. It sped up the process considerably as everytime I post, I actually get some advice on how to continue on, harsh or not.
>>
>>2988046
problem is nobody actually gives crits here
barely anyone does a red line on your work to show you how you fucked up anymore, its always LMAO LOOMIS or read the sticky. these replies are for the people who would constantly make new threads on where to start, they are not actual critiques.

to add onto op's point of
> a positive atmosphere is conducive to learning and a healthy community
a hugbox is bad but a toxic waste dump is worse. negativity spreads like the plague here
>artists A posts work
>artist B gives a "crit" of thats absolute dogshit NGMI read the sticky
>artist A feels bitter so he then shits on artist C
>artist C shits on artist D
and so on and so on
>>
>>2987915
>MUH FUNDIES
This is the biggest meme on this board.
Most of them are books. You're supposed to BUY them so the artist who wrote it makes a profit. But if the book actually made you good, then you'd start making art of your own, which would devalue the artist's work, reducing their profit.
So does it actually make you good?
>m-muh fundies
No more than just fucking drawing with a hint of self-criticism would.
>>
>>2987915
Because most newbies make the same mistakes and everyone gets tired of repeating the same advice over and over. Easier to say "go read a book".
>>
>>2988084
>>All things considered, I still prefer the harsh comments on 4chan over the wimpy comments on other places. It sped up the process considerably as everytime I post, I actually get some advice on how to continue on, harsh or not.
This
>>
>>2987915
i like /ic/ because people will look at mediocre pictures and crit small things about them. if you show anyone else something that's just okay, like a study. they'll go 'oh very nice' and that's it. you have to do an actual art to make most people say anything about your work at all, and even then usually it won't be something about the technical side of things. so /ic/ is very useful in that way i think, just not if you want feedback about the art part of art.
>>
Stupid frognigger
>>
>>2988220
Lol... what a retard.
>>
>>2987915
learn to love the harsh environment nigger. it will do you some good once the depression hits, you will become more resilient to it.
>>
>>2987915
Have you ever wonder why none of /ic/ ever made it? You already answered it.
>>
>>2989223
meanwhile they shitpost daily about the "tumblr tier" artists that have, this board really is retarded
>>
>>2987915
If I get to become a mod someday things will change

People on this board will have to draw and give actual critique instead of whining like little bitches and cringe-memeing all day, otherwise the banhammer will be loud
>>
File: 1491067603071.jpg (94KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1491067603071.jpg
94KB, 550x550px
>>2989201
>>2988238
>>2988046
>>2987927
>Muh 4chan is my secret club filled with edgy people if you can't take our harshness you better fuck off!

Its 2017 for fucks sake, just act like you would IRL, this is an ANONYMOUS forum, you don't need to act like a dick to gain points with nobody, everybody's lives would be 100x easier if people just acted normal and ignored the cancer

But noooooooo, you gotta roleplay as a faglord who tries too hard to imitate Gregory House to look cool for your high school friends

Holy hell if you come here you are supposed to discuss about art and draw not act like a woman on her period and be a self-righteous faggot venting your frustations on everybody, how is that hard for you people to understand?
>>
>>2989238
Post work
>>
>>2989238
Dumb animeposter
>>
>>2989243
>>2989240
well memed
>>
>>2989240
>>2989243
Thanks for proving my point
>>
Moreover, it's the idiots that make a new thread for their shitty doodles that get blasted in the ass. If they knew how to follow simple rules they wouldn't get so much shit for their beginner work
>>
>>2989238
IT'S CURRENT YEAR
>>
File: stoposting.jpg (59KB, 359x690px) Image search: [Google]
stoposting.jpg
59KB, 359x690px
>>2989240
How is his work related to anything? the whole point of anonymity is to discuss ideias and not people, and even in a normal debate going for the individual and not the argument is strawman
>>
>>2987915
If we were mean we wouldn't tell you you are shit. That way you couldn't improve seeing no faults in your art. You would forever be shit. Be grateful for being given a chance to prove yourself you little cuck.
>>
>>2987915
>why is this board so mean?
4Chan isn't supposed to be positive; it's supposed to be refreshing. It's an atmosphere of aggression with a safety net of extreme longevity, and in most cases the reason you come to this website is not to try and get people to appreciate you, but to get advice on your behaviour.

The point of Anonymity is to make our emotional involvement to other strangers idiosyncratic, erroneous, irrelevant, and as a result we recieve the accurate opinions of a huge collective on how we act.

In this case, the Art board: we come here often not to recieve compelling responses but to get annoyed, and to learn to laugh at offensive jokes, and to discipline yourself not to react to not just criticism but also insults and irritations. The activity generated here generally helps you to get a feel for what other people actually find acceptable in your Art

I don't know though, perhaps that's just why I came here
>>
>>2989259

It's ad hominem, actually, but point taken.
>>
>>2989238
/thread
>>
if you tell people "it's wonderful", they won't improve
if you tell them "it's good, but you could do that better" peoplejust tend to remember the "it's good" part
if you tell them "it's shit, you failed that and that" they'll become better (or give up if they're pussies)
if you want compliments (wich are also useful, mostly to keep you motivated) go to facebook or something
>>
>>2988220
P O S T
W
O
R
K
>>
>>2992633
>Positive critique brings no improvement for your craftsmanship
kek what a cancerous way of thinking
>>
>>2992865
I think it definitly brings way less improvement than negative critique
maybe not no improvement, but way less
being happy with your work is not necessarly a good thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm7awfl6hYA
this guy is better at expressing my tought than me
>>
>>2992991
I agreed with the video but it's still not enough, the issue is that knowing that you're not satisfied with your work doesn't tells you how to improve it.

Whether you think positively or negatively, to improve your work you need to perform a set of actions. And you don't even know what those actions are. They are so oddly specific for each work that no book or teacher will have all the answers. You can ask the internet and you'll get 1000 different answers.

They only way to find that specific information to tell you what to do next, is experimentation. More specifically, value free testing. The only times I have broke through and learned something important in art was when I experimented with a concept. Merely testing with no expectation.

Robert Pirsig calls this value quietness, just doing something without expectation, fears, desires. Simply doing it and looking. After a while the facts become self evident and then you know what to do. You don't even need to think about it. You don't need critiques or redlines. The information just appears there.

Its like fixing a car engine or a microwave oven. You don't know why it doesn't works. So you look and keep looking and looking at it, until a small idea appears. And then you try it and get more information. Positivity or negativity have no effects over the components of the machine. In fact those feelings only get in the way of seeing the actual reality of it.
When a car repairman doesn't knows how to fix something, he doesn't looks for inspiration or ruthless discipline. He just needs to know how to fix it, which is the result of tinkering and comparisons.

The issue with art is that its an emotional drug. You only know if its working when you're already intoxicated by it.
Would you trust the judgement of someone high on cocaine over the benefits of cocaine?
If you want to make the right calls you need to be sober on art, which is achieved not by positivity or negativity but by clear peace of mind.
>>
>>2992991
Even tho I am a negativistic pessimistic cunt myself I value the importance of positive thinking and positive vibes overall

People always remember praising for good behaviour more than repress for bad behavior, besides everyone feels more aboard when there is compliments in it, the problem is when the compliments are just fake
>>
>>2988220
lmfao you have no idea what you are talking about....
>>
>>2993335
but for someone to fix a microwave you first have to think that the microwave is broken
mine does funny noises but idc so I don't fix it
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.