[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any tips for eye strain? I would have 2-3 good months than get

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1466546971728.gif (1MB, 388x369px) Image search: [Google]
1466546971728.gif
1MB, 388x369px
Any tips for eye strain? I would have 2-3 good months than get severe eye strain, pain, dryness etc that would last a month or 2. I went to a eye doctor and I started taking RESTASIS® and my eyes got better. I thought I was in the clear, now they are as painful as ever and it's hard to work like this.

Any tips? I'm sick of my eyes always in pain and out of focus.
>>
>>2987146
the fuck is eye strain
how do you get eye strain
>>
>>2987146

http://www.danielvitalis.com/rewild-yourself-podcast/building-better-vision-jake-steiner-96

^- Listen to this. Golden info.

If you just increase the distance you work at, it will decrease the strain on your eyes by a significant degree. Try it.
>>
>>2987208
Shit's blurry no matter how hard you try to focus, and your eyes hurt a lot
stare at something for a long time without looking at a distant object every so often
>>
>>2987242
sounds like a shit time

take breaks often and take your time to recover anon, this is a marathon not a sprint.
>>
>>2987242

I got eye strain during my first few weeks of doing Bargues at my atelier, lol. I cured it by taking long walks and looking as far ahead in the distance as I could
>>
>>2987146
What could we tell the eye doctor couldn't, you dingus.
>>
>>2987146
Did you get your sight checked? I never had trouble focusing but I had a problem with headaches after a couple hours of drawing. After seeing a doctor I found out I needed prescription glasses.

My doctor also told me that you should spend some time outside so that your eyes can look into the distance (this is what makes the eyes rest).
>>
Download a program called f.lux it helps when you work at night by turning off the blue light of your screen
>>
>>2987253
>>2987263
I wasn't OP. Last time I got eye strain was when watching anime. I kept watching and it just kind of subsided.
>>
>>2987338
I get eye strain when I see anime too
>>
I get it a lot too, but especially after looking at my phone or watching movies in the dark at night. Use f.lux on your computer, I notice it happens a lot less nowadays but I still get it if I browse my phone for a certain length of time (like now I have had a headache for two days because of a phone-based party game).
>>
>>2987371
SunsetScreen is better IMO

The only issue I have with these programs is that sometimes I'm painting something and I realize too late that I left the filter on.
>>
I never had eye strain. How long does it last?
>>
Bump for help.
>>
I know a thing or two about medicine and the human body.

It may not be eye strain. You say you're good for a couple months then BAM eyes hurt. I suggest you go to a PCP and get your sinus looked at. Chances are allergy season hits you like a truck. If you get eye pain, pain behind eyes and headaches chances are it's sinus pressure or sinus related. Right now is the start of spring allergy season so it may be related to your recent troubles. At worse go to your local pharmacy and ask them for the behind the counter nasal decongestant. It's $5 and it could clear most if not all the pain.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.