[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finally started painting again after 6 years, turns out I'm

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1118.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px)
IMG_1118.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Finally started painting again after 6 years, turns out I'm shit
Made this with any pencil work or guidelines, went straight to paint on paper

How can I improve this?
>>
Without* any
>>
>>2986404

With Pencil work and guidelines.

Lots of practice

Visual reference.

A critical eye.

And the intelligence to recognize that you should stop posting on 4chan, because there is no productive help or advice to be found here.

If you have any genuine interest in improving, go somewhere else where people who take the time to tap out a reply will actually be trying to help you.
>>
>>2986410
Where are those forums??
Because this can be said about deviantart as well
>>
>>2986410
I love this board because people are hateful and criticize every possible thing. It makes the positive comments worth their weight in gold.
>>
>>2987282
Thing is neither party knows what the fuck they're talking about when they criticise or praise.
>>
>>2987286
>>2986410
Then why are you still here? Just to Co-op people's threads and make it about what websites you don't like?
>>
>>2987286
The advice I have been getting has been pretty congruent. First time using that word, congruent. It just came to me, I googled it, and sure enough, it fits.
>>
Be sure to post it upside down next time.
>>
>>2986404
You can improve the color. Everything is off and the lighting doesnt make sense. The sky shoukd be a lighter tone/tint than the foreground. Fuck guidelines and references and representational work, you will improve more if you go 100% abstract and focus on color harmony, composition, and scale. Painting is not illustration, use your pallette to make a SHIT TON of mid tones
>>
>>2987726
Thanks for that, I'll study on those

But yeah for me doing pencil work really puts me off painting and sometimes stresses me out too much, but I always ended up doing it, this time I tried to do it without any pencil work, I enjoyed it much more.
>>
>>2986404
Btw for those who do t know la la land, this is the reference picture I used
>>
An anime version would look better than this normie art.
>>
>>2990699
Faggot anime is normie art for the japs, it is the cliche shit used in commercials and ads. You stupid weeaboo faggot.
>>
>>2991090
>Butthurt normie
>>
>>2988992
>Btw for those who do t know la la land
>>
Is there anything worse than poorly made "pop culture" art? Jesus man just do anything but that and you'll improve in my eyes
>>
>>2986404
That's really good for a 6 year old.
>>
>>2995098
Be more creative if you want to shit talk, you yourself sound like a kid with that statement
>>
>>2995366
I agree.
>>
>>2995098
Post your work faggot.
>>
Better than most people on /ic/
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.