[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been looking for a tablet replacement as my Intuos5

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: huion-q11k-tablet-01.jpg (42KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
huion-q11k-tablet-01.jpg
42KB, 500x333px
I've been looking for a tablet replacement as my Intuos5 S although working almost fine (some issues with drivers not starting on W7 and USB port being a bitch) is giving me tendinitis every single time I use it.

At the moment Wacom IntuosPro are not an alternative because they're excessively expensive for my third world budget, so I've looked into Huion tablets. Giano seems a bit too large but for 150$ its a steal, however I barely have 120$ to spend so this new Q11K (100$ at the moment) seems like a good deal for what it offers.

I have already experienced plenty of hardware/software issues with and old Bamboo and my current Intuos5 so I'm not too concerned on drivers, I understand that Huion lack certain features like touch or tilt (that I dont use at all nor care about), and even though I've noticed most opinions on Huion have improved since two years ago as they've produced better stuff to compete, it still worry about the reliability of their products in the long run.

Any thoughts about Huion products?
>>
>>2985828
>tendinitis every single time I use it
you think a new tablet will change that
>>
>>2985839
It will. I never had any issues when I was on a year of drawing classes drawing on paper as I used elbow and little wrist movements. This tablet I have forces me to use wrist all the time which is quite uncomfortable after a while.

And it's already common knowledge that small graphic tablets no matter which brand give you tendonitis after some use or in worse cases, CTS.
>>
>>2985884
>This tablet I have forces me to use wrist all the time
I don't understand why though. If you're having issues with sticking to the surface get one of those gay gloves.
>>
>>2985828
I have Giano and H610pro and I have to admit I prefer working with the latter.

/ic/ memed me into thinking the size difference between the tablet and the monitor is a big barrier, but that's a load of shit.
Imagine your drawing, usually zoomed in in Photoshop, spread on an A3 sheet of paper. If that format makes you uncomfortable when drawing traditionally, you know what it's like to use Giano.

That being said, I shilled the new 1060plus 'cause it's like improved H610pro, but this Q11K looks even better, so if I were you, I'd definitely go for it.
>>
>>2985940
I just find the active area too small and uncomfortable to work with elbow movements rather than wrist movements.

>>2985995
That's what worries me about the Giano, that extra active area must come in handy for some but I find it excessive and could even hinder your workflow if you're not used to drawing on something bigger than A4 (I'm not).

I was thinking on investing in a New1060+ but then I noticed the Q11K. G10T seems to have good reviews trackpad meme aside so I hope they haven't decreased their production quality on the Q11K.
>>
I've been looking at this, too. There's only been a few reviews so far. They were all positive, but a couple mentioned that the new pen feels cheap. I'm using like a first generation Wacom bamboo here, so I doubt it could feel any worse than that. I wonder if you can swap out the pen if it is that bad, though.
>>
>>2986648
>They were all positive, but a couple mentioned that the new pen feels cheap.
Oh, thats a shame. However I read somewhere you can buy a different Huion pen to use with their tablets.

Yesterday I noticed XP-Pen is most likely about to announce their Star 06 as they've shown on, which according to images seems to be way bigger than their Star 05, its active area maybe close to IntuosPro Medium. I may get that, however I'm worried about their drivers as they seem to have more compatibility issues than Huion on that regardless of their apparently better quality in hardware.

I also found info on this peruvian seller (I'm not peruvian) with some specs that may be or may be not the real ones, however I suspect they may be as the tablet has a preorder tag.
https://www.peruasiatech.com/product-page/xp-pen-star-06
>>
>>2985828
No, but I might need to replace my Samsung 7 Series Slate with Windows 8 in a bit. What's the modern equivalent of that, the Surface?
>>
I wish there was more info on this. It's on sale if you preorder, but I don't want to preorder without some meaningful reviews. Huion's marketing team needs to step it up with which reviewers they send early tablets to.
>>
Bought my Huion as a replacement for an Intuos Small. I love it. I had no problems with drivers and the pen feels fine to me. I also haven't had to replace the nib so far. I've been told that Wacom tablets' rough surface wears out the nibs faster.
There are a few downsides though. The one I bought has a pen that needs to be charged. Not a big deal to me, but it might be to you. I just leave the thing plugged in all the time. Also, pen pressure detection can be wonky (but I had that problem with Wacom tablets too). Just open up the pen pressure test thing every time you plug it back in and it's golden.
Definitely worth it, and I have no plans to switch back to Wacom anytime soon. I'd love to try out Huion's version of the Cintiq when I can.
>>
>>2987789
>I just leave the thing plugged in all the time

leaving certain rechargeable batteries plugged in all the time will kill their battery life to the point where they cannot hold a charge at all. I'm not sure whether your pen uses the kind of pen this applies to but i'd say it's better to play it safe unless you can determine whether this applies to it.
>>
I have a large tablet. Tendonitis no less.
>>
Drawing with very little pressure and using less brushstrokes is the key.
>>
>>2989981
I didn't know that. Thanks, friend.
>>
>>2987789
ikr.
Wacom was asleep for a good decade, only recently with cheap ass Huion and based Apple pencil+iPad combo are they forced to wake up and start innovating.
And the party that benefits from this healthy competition is us, the consumers.
Fuck I love free market capitalism.
>>
>>2990914
Wacom has so many patents (grossly vague and abusive ones that should never have been issued in the first place) related to drawing tablets that even if there's competition Wacom still isn't in a position where they're forced to innovate or improve their production quality. And they're not innovating. At all.

God knows how much money they're making off royalties, slowing R&D and advancement of the entire industry.
>>
>>2989981
>leaving certain rechargeable batteries plugged in all the time will kill their battery life to the point where they cannot hold a charge at all.
I have my intuos pro plugged 24/24 out of convenience, but I don't think I'll start unplugging it, not like I use the wireless function anyway adn plugging and unplgging it all the time seems like a chose

I don't think you expect me to unplug the mouse too each time I close the pc?
>>
>>2989981
You'd be hard pressed to find a rechargeable device these days that doesn't include overcharge protection.

Anyways, Huion claims a 350 hour battery life on the pen on their site. Don't know why you'd keep it plugged in all the time.
>>
>>2990947
I don't know whether the overcharge thing applies to an intuos, but I know for certain there's no battery in your mouse, silly.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.