[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why does every futuristic design nowadays have to have random

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
why does every futuristic design nowadays have to have random glowing shit, anyone else fucking hate it?
>>
>>2985578
Did you really need to make a thread for this?
>>
>>2985578
looks futuristic, that's the only reason. we used to have no glowy little details, now we have some, with LEDs and what not, so in the future surely everything will be glowy.
>>
Games like this one give me the eye pain.
>>
Just think, how will the retro-futurism of the future look like? Glowly stuff
>>
There's also the industrial designs, but its hard to go in that direction without going full steampunk and shit.

Future shit tends to trend toward very simple shapes and streamlined designs. So you want to keep the silhouette simple, adding lights lets you make things a bit more interesting and give some flow to the designs.
>>
>>2985631
glowwy stuff but unartfully mixed with biomechanical stuff from aliens and fat 1950s rockets, sounds good.
>>
File: battleborn-jpg.jpg (180KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
battleborn-jpg.jpg
180KB, 600x338px
Besides the glowing eye candy, I also hate that cartoony gooch shaded 3d style.
The whole thing is an eyesore. I don't understand how people manage to play these games. Just looking at this crap makes me nauseous, my eyes can't focus anywhere. Does this this shit appeal to normies?
>>
File: battleborn-m3-shepherd.jpg (391KB, 1920x1016px) Image search: [Google]
battleborn-m3-shepherd.jpg
391KB, 1920x1016px
>>2985683
Oh my god!
>>
thats pretty bad
>>
>>2985578

Glowing stuff and heavy contrast in general draws your attention. And directing your attention is crucial, especially if you want to make your game for retards who operate on most obvious visual cues.
>>
File: game-screen-1.0.jpg (382KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
game-screen-1.0.jpg
382KB, 1920x1080px
this is why i prefer xenonauts over x-com
>>
>>2985687
>>2985683
battleborn was an enormous, enormous failure though
>>
File: vaporwave-door.gif (386KB, 720x340px) Image search: [Google]
vaporwave-door.gif
386KB, 720x340px
>>2985578
It's an enclave of retro-futurism that most designers haven't moved beyond. Also:
>>2985683
Realistic futuristic designs for games, or our current concept of them, requires lots of blocky shapes with hard edges and a high level of detail on all of them. For example, halo 5 and infinite warfare.
This requires more money to make, and demands consumers spend more money on the hardware to run it (barring consoles, but everything's nerfed to run on them anyway).
A "cartoony gooch shaded 3d style" is a safer bet because it's less resource intensive for producers AND consumers, meaning a hundred kids buy the game and run it on their toasters.
The company wants to make as much money as possible, so they'll endorse the latter 9 times out of ten. Hence, "every futuristic design nowadays has to have random glowing shit".
>>
>>2985578
Night sights have existed since ww1 dickshit.
>>
>>2985578
Because the normies like it, thus it sells the most.
>>
>>2985578
unless you have a better idea then you can cram your opinion right up your boipucci.
>>
>>2985865
name one (1) handgun cartridge that has glowy blue lights on it
>>
>>2986123
Raygun
>>
>>2986123
phased plasma rifle in the 40-watt range
>>
>>2985578
i don't know overwatch or whatever but is the conceit that the glowing bits have a purpose, like is it magic scifi energy stored in the bullet or something?
>>
>>2985683
Literally no one thinks battleborn looks good.
>>
>>>/v/
Fucking manchildren
>>
>>2985578

No, fucking love it. Glowing shit gets my cock cocked.
>>
>>2985585
This. Fuck's sake.

Wanna know why every futuristic design has it? Because most people consuming the product like it.

That's like asking why people put sprinkles on ice cream. Because a lot of people like sprinkles. It's not some rocket science answer that needed a thread you could've literally answered this yourself if you thought about it.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.