[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I used to be brimming with confidence in making it in digital

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1475172027593.png (696KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1475172027593.png
696KB, 633x758px
I used to be brimming with confidence in making it in digital art but now I have almost none, I have no real thoughts that I will be someone relevant and successful in the future, even as I make steady gains in my own art and continue improving.

It seems to me that if I want to rival the artists I look up to, I have to have an unreal level of business and social acumen, and that worries the fuck out of me a lot more than my art.

Anyone else feel the same, if so, can you share any experiences regarding this or maybe solutions?
>>
>>2984981
post work, we'll let you know if you should worry
>>
File: 1457162752273.jpg (130KB, 1258x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1457162752273.jpg
130KB, 1258x1050px
>>2984981

Same here, what's more. I don't even like art but I still do it 6 hours a day. If I money I'd leave art behind, get my pilots license and do nothing but fly as much as possible.

You can always take solace in the fact that no matter how much confidence you have, (or lack of it) if you grind fundamentals like a Madman, you'll get good no matter what, and good gets paid.
>>
>>2984981

It's OK anon.

You can join the countless ranks of other hopeless, insecure anons who waste their time here shitting on other artists while they wait for their unscheduled visit from the angel of death...

Or you can leave this place and start seeking productive help.
>>
>>2984981
Why do you want to be relevant and successful in the future?
>>
>>2984981
>and that worries the fuck out of me a lot more than my art.
Post work.
>>
>>2984981
You need to take a break from the internet (the whole internet) for at least a couple weeks.

Just turn off the modem and put it away. This shti happens because you're looking at other people's art / social media activity 24/7. The human brain isn't meant to withstand this constant hammering, you should zone out and think about your work.

It feels SO much better, Anon. And no it won't make you blind to your shitty art or anything like that.
>>
>>2986626

It's simply who I am. Back in school, I always tried my hardest in my classes and on sports teams. Even when playing video games, I always preferred competitive games over casual, relaxed ones.

I don't want to make art just a hobby because the less effort I put into something, the less fun it is for me.

The difference here is that I'm finally coming to terms with the sheer scope of what I want to accomplish this time, and it has me sweating buckets.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.