[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wonder about what future art historians will say about

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: tumblr_nsv6ae27ky1rfwfq9o1_1280.jpg (312KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsv6ae27ky1rfwfq9o1_1280.jpg
312KB, 1280x1024px
I wonder about what future art historians will say about tumblr artstyle
>>
it was revolutionary
>>
>>2983894
It depends what society in the future is like.
>>
nothing
>>
>From this we can conclude that the nuclear armageddon has had no effect on our bodies, and we are in fact identical to the humans of the past
>>
>>2983931
full of leftist communists so probably good for them.
>>
File: ScottPilgrim.jpg (106KB, 540x820px) Image search: [Google]
ScottPilgrim.jpg
106KB, 540x820px
>>2983894
Isn't Scott Pilgrim the origin of Tumblr style? Before it got politicized by fat dykes.
>>
>>2983951
kek
>>
>>2983985
but look at all their noses, not the red monstrosity hallmark we see on tumblr faces, just a horizontal like with a block of shadow above it
>>
>>2983985
Scott Pilgrim was just stylized though, not the intentionally ugly "everyone is beautiful" style that is so prevalent nowadays.
>>
>>2983894
Eh, probably nothing. They might comment on the counter-culture nature of the work, the way that the artist intentionally defies what's considered appealing despite appeal being one of the sole purposes of drawing cartoons, that'd be something. But art historians probably couldn't care less about what a 16 year old girl drew for fun and posted on her blog, and you shouldn't care either.
>>
>>2983894
I wonder if that artist knows of how much she's being shitposted for drawing that, don't think she stopped becasue I saw fanart by her a few weeks ago on another board

Makes me wonder what her art would look if she didn't try so hard to make it ugly and "unique"
>>
>>2984019
>Makes me wonder what her art would look if she didn't try so hard to make it ugly and "unique"

People probably said the same thing about Picasso and Van Gogh :thinkingemoji:
>>
File: medievalart.600.jpg (38KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
medievalart.600.jpg
38KB, 270x270px
>>2983894
It'll be similar to the way we look at medieval art right now. People will wonder - did people draw this ugly on purpose? Or did they really not know any better?
>>
>>2983985
Tumblr style is a mix of Phobs fangirling, Glenn Keane's first batch of students graduating Cal Arts and working under Claire Keane for Enchanted/Tangled, and anime becoming mainstream therefore becoming "bad" in teenshits' minds.

Then SJWs started harassing anyone who didn't draw fat travestites with vitiligio and the only artists remaining were the ones willing to draw monsters for fake affection.
>>
>>2984005
Considering how little we have left of the livejournal/myspace age, I wouldn't be surprised if 99.9% of tumblr dissapears forever when yahoo! finally sells their shit.
>>
>>2984390
medieval artists did not know anything about capturing three dimensional forms on a flat surface yet.
>>
>>2983894
Don't worry Anon, future art historians will have demolished all Western culture in the name of Allah.
>>
>>2984767
Are you stupid. The ancient greeks knew about that shit in 300 bc. They painted in flat forms because of church superstitions. Have you ever read an art history book.

What they didnt know was perspective so they were unable to draw objects in relationship to each other in space.

(If it was the case that you knew this and just wrote your statement in a way that leads it to being interpreted as drivel i apologize but you really should check what you type.)
>>
>yfw historians will be showcasing tumblr art as the masterpieces of our era
>>
>>2983894
Nothing, it won't even be a footnote in the most anal retentive art history records.
>>
We won't have art historians because the need to be progressive will erase the concept of history
>>
>>2983951
lol. Took me a second.
>>
>>2984784
>They painted in flat forms because of church superstitions
ooh pry tell
>>
>>2983951
sharp, anon.
>>
>>2983894
not sure.
if people in the future somehow still want to stuff white skinned bible thumping conservative dicks in their mouths they'll probably say its ugly, what happened to art back then etc
>>
>>2983951
11/10
>>
>>2985208
But it's objectively ugly.
>>
>>2983894
i'd like to think they'd say like

'while the art scene was dominated by conceptual works of dubious value the dawn of the internet lead to many smaller communities continuing to explore the possibilities of figurative art, pushing the boundaries with influences from pop culture such as video games and comic books. An example of such is tumblism wherein the traditional idea of feminine beauty is questioned and subverted by the tumblrinas, an international group of female artists.'
>>
File: itsstillgarbage.png (732KB, 842x674px) Image search: [Google]
itsstillgarbage.png
732KB, 842x674px
im all for body diversity in art and that woman dont have to be what standards consider attractive but i hate this style so very much. I think i hate the monster hands the most.
>>
>>2985258
that's not much better.
>>
>>2985260
thats because its unfixable without redrawing the entire thing
>>
>>2985227
Anime is objectively ugly to lots of people.
The same goes to ren and stimpy, wild thornberries, rugrats, etc.

Nice opinion though.
>>
>>2985267
but there is a general aesthetic that most people adhere too.
>>
>>2984785
Pretty sure Sakimichan will have that title lel

Or iilya or any of those type of artists just drawing pretty girls with flashy effects
Whatever your opinion on these artists right now, I'd prefer they be some of the artists remembered from this era rather than tumblrtards with their muppet noses.
>>
>>2985258
God this is one step away from moon over june faces.
>>2985272
To be fair when it comes to Rugrats/thornberries (With are both the same studio which is why the style is so ugly) and comparing it to tumblr art, one could argue the latter is more aesthetically pleasing because it's rounded soft shapes, usually soft coloring etc.

Taste is very subjective and everyone is going to like something different.

SOME tumblr art is okay, some borders on ugly, and some of it is so gross looking tumblrinas call it 'anti-art' to avoid having to draw anything pleasing to the eye but you better lick their ass anyway.

Considering most tumblr artists aren't trying to be serious and are just kids enjoying fanart and OCs i think /ic/ is a little too obsessed with the ugly art tumblr posts (Except in some cases where it's just begging to be made fun of)
>>
>>2985276
A lot of tumblr art is nice enough to look at but incredibly flat or static, like they're drawing paper dolls or something. While those older cartoons really don't appeal to me they at least have the advantage of looking somewhat fluid.
>>
>>2985301
They also have the advantage of not only being drawn by professionals but being animations which isn't static by nature.
>>
>>2983894
post the koala version
>>
>>2985179
Not that guy, but similarly Egyptians believed that if you drew someone on a flat surface without their full body showing, their soul would go to the afterlife missing that bodypart that was obscured from view.
That's why they painted humans the way they did.
>>
>>2985336
quite intriguing, will look into
thanks senpai
>>
>>2987598
you will discover that it's bullshit conjecture
>>
File: no blushes.jpg (72KB, 842x674px) Image search: [Google]
no blushes.jpg
72KB, 842x674px
>>2985258
i edited a little bit to get rid of those nasty blushes
nothing will make this pic better unless someone just redraws it
>>
>>2985274
This "era" in art belongs to Disney. The 70's-2020's are the production art era and they own almost every trendsetter and milestone of commercial art.
>>
What is tumblr art style?
>>
>>2985267
Objectively means not opinion but fact.

You are using the word wrong.
>>
>>2987764
Please explain.
>>
>>2987695
much more pleasing to the eyes thanks
>>
>>2989704
Much like the modern art movement, it's an attempt to turn beautiful things ugly.
It's just now recently pouring into the novice/fanart community. I have a feeling it has a lot to do with the identity politics/SJW politics that has permeated Tumblr.
These kinds of people claim to love minorities, obesity, ugliness, body hair, body positivity etc. etc. So, they draw their "idealized" characters after their politics. Which is to say, they draw ugly shit.
It's an attempt to change culture through art and expression.
It's all very jewish, desu.
>>
>>2987695
hey this is actually not half bad
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.