[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Annie Murphy Robinson I'm going to take a bash at hyperrealistism.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 01e855f75f2a191e2e29c7b43a5b8c09.jpg (106KB, 999x1069px) Image search: [Google]
01e855f75f2a191e2e29c7b43a5b8c09.jpg
106KB, 999x1069px
Annie Murphy Robinson

I'm going to take a bash at hyperrealistism. I dug up the following on her process:

>All of annie pieces are >sanded charcoal on paper. >She uses 300gsm BFK Rives >printmaking paper. Her >charcoal is a mix of >compressed charkole not >pastel charcoal (look for >brown undertones or blue not >silvery gray),vine 3mm >Winsor&Newton, and >compressed Winsor &Newton >extra-soft. Her sandpapers >vary, but she tends to use 400 >grain 1" square-folded. Her >composition is block-in: using >charcoal to create >dark,medium and light areas, >then using a small electric >sander with 400 grain sand >paper, removing sizing and >opening the weave of the >paper's texture.

>She always starts with the >eyes.

>She uses cropped photos for >1:1 reference.

Does anyone have knowledge of what they're talking about here? Is the sander for subtraction (like an eraser)?
>>
I don't give a fuck about impressing normies or becoming a living photocopier. I just want to do one to satisfy myself.

But I have seen issues with paper tooth and darkness of charcoal in attaining that depth of value. That's why I looked this chick's technique up...

Don't care whether she traces or not. How does she achieve the depth?

Also, sorry I utterly fagged up the greentext...
>>
>>2983647
Don't take it too hard, OP is a faggot by default.
I am complete noob and therefore cannot give you any advice, besides not being so defensive before anyone even attacked you. Nobody cares why you draw.
Depth is only a matter of accurate values and not fucking up the perspective. Given that you think you are able to deal with hyper-realism I assume line-work is not your problem.
take a shot at it and post here, I'm sure then /ic/ will have a lot to say about it.
>>
>>2983627
funny that when one person does this sort of thing they're an artist and it's 'hyperrealism' but when i see some housewife doing it at a crafts fair it's barely worth a second look, or the $20 she's asking.
>>
>>2983765
Anon deleted their boiler plate shitpost that I was responding to.

I'm jyst wondering if the gallery is trolling with the sanding angle... then again I've never used 300gsm rive paper-- maybe it's such a rag paper you can a sander to it.
>>
>>2983627
Sander means a piece of sandpaper, you nitwit. You shape the charcoal with it, either for a point, or a plane, for shading.
>>
>>2983950
Then why does it say she uses the sander to open the weave of the paper? That's what I'm asking. Is she using the sander for a subtractive approach?
>>
>>2984009
When you open the weave the Charcoal can penetrate deeper and becomes 3D Charcoal with Quantum depth
>>
>>2983627
Have fun: doing hyperrealism sounds like a zen way to find inner peace or something.

Not artistic value whatsoever.
>>
>>2984036
This is interesting. Makes me want to try it.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.