[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this worth 10 dollar? I want a discussion, not just

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 10dolla.png (946KB, 660x1020px) Image search: [Google]
10dolla.png
946KB, 660x1020px
Is this worth 10 dollar?

I want a discussion, not just "No/yes"
>>
>>2972584
No because it's shitty fanart.
>>
If all your work is this quality and you work for this price, we should talk.
>>
>>2972584
Clearly a lot of time went into it, so I'd say more than that.
>>
>>2972621
I agree. Don't undersell yourself OP
>>
>>2972584
I'd estimate an accurate price of 30 smackeroos. It looks pretty strange/muddy in a lot of parts but there's clear work put into it.
>>
Answer for you depends on how good it looks to you.

My answer is No.
The colors are desaturated and muddy
the linework is boring
the shading and highlights contradict each other
the eyes look disgusting (i cant really explain why)
and i dont like that nose
>>
>>2972584
it's worth at least 30
>>
10 dollars is lower than what I'd expect to pay for that.
>>
It is a hand made, colored, detailed illustration.
Regardless wether someone likes it or not it's worth at least 30-50$
>>
OP here

fyi i did not draw this. Just saw it and wanted to see what others thought
>>
If someone is willing to pay that, then sure
>>
>>2972584
in a perfect world its worth near 0, it's like buying a condom with holes in it. But in this world it could be worth up to 40 if you're ''a friendly guy in the community''
>>
>>2972584
I've seen and know people who would pay more pieces half as good as this so this worth atleast 30-60
>>
>>2972584
>>
Im sure some ultra- pleb will buy it for 20 if you auf chromatic abberation and photobash stuff here and there
>>
>>2973071
non-chromatic abberation and non-photobash
>>
>>2972626
>>2972621
the OP is shit and not worth more than ten dollars. Just because you worked hard or put a lot of time into something doesn't mean its good or worth money.
>>
It is a question of markets.

Take a rotting shark to a fish market, and they'll tell you to get the fuck out of there with your load of rotting meat and dumb it in the trash.

Take a rotting shark to North Korea and you might get $10 and they will eat the parts that are ok.

But take a rotting shark to Iceland and they'll throw money at you and eat the entire thing with relish.
>>
>>2973128
It does worth the time and skill they put in it, wether it sells is a different issue.
>>
>>2972630
This, implying the OP was a commission.

I don't think many people would buy a piece like that for 10 dollars, but a lot of people would request a piece of the same quality for 30 dollars. You just don't get a lot for 10 dollars regarding commission quality, especially not finished paintings, regardless of their quality.
>>
>>2972584
You want a discussion, I want to go to the toilet, some random dude wants a million goats for reasons that should not be questioned, we all want something, and shit... well now I have to clean my bed... bad jokes ftw
>>
Personally i think it is but depends on people's preference on art idk
>>
>>2973347
In fact this is what I was saying.
>>2972617
I'd love to k ow how to access the commission market, because I've been wanting a portrait of me and the wife done high res for ages, and I would expect to pay about fifty bucks for something of this quality. This specific pic, I don't know ow enough about anime to even know how it's significant.
>>
>>2973128
There is no objective monetary value to art regardless how good or bad. It's worth what you say it is worth. Whether or not someone is willing to pay that price is another question.
>>
>>2972584
I want a toilet made of gold
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.