[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any way to get rid of this "cartoony" look

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: muy_macho.jpg (306KB, 1676x2187px) Image search: [Google]
muy_macho.jpg
306KB, 1676x2187px
Is there any way to get rid of this "cartoony" look on drawings?
Whenever I try to start sketching I end up doing simple smooth lines and very cartoony characters even though it's not my intention and I cant get rid of this habit, it takes hours upon hours to eventually make somewhat "realistic" looking characters, and this process would only take mere one or two hours if I were to draw realistic base from the beginning.

Could the problem be within the tools I use? Too fat brush, pressure control opacity or something?
>>
No, it's you. What the fuck is that question?

You're intentionally reverting back to your comfort zone because you don't want to do realism, I'm assuming. Just do it. It's not the tools, you could draw a realistic eye if you wanted, you just didn't want to.
>>
>>2971696
>you don't want to rape people but you subconsciously do
>>
Real people are fucking boring looking
>>
>>2971723
but more relatable than cartoony characters
the reason I want realistic characters is so that I can use them in a relatable degeneracy that gives out a story, not just masturbatory material.
>>
>>2971693
Proportions
Big heads, eyes, and hands make things look cartoony
>>
Stop buying jazza books
>>
File: 1475067942430.jpg (316KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1475067942430.jpg
316KB, 1000x1000px
>>2971693
you need to see the objects(or people) as shapes, edges and tones. have you tried to "paint" a circle/sphere?
what the object looks like? how the light reacts to it? how the shapes are made?
>>
>>2971693
where is his left deltoid?
>>
Thinner lines increases realism, along with more in-depth shading and smoother line transitions
>>
Realistic proportions, thinner lines, more detailed shading, drawing from life, using reference, all of these will make your drawings look more realistic
>>
>>2971693
it's your proportions and anatomy that are cartoony
lines have nothing to do with it
>>
>>2971714

>#justcisthings
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.