[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much time should you invest into a piece before conceding

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1484160781303.jpg (321KB, 1240x646px) Image search: [Google]
1484160781303.jpg
321KB, 1240x646px
How much time should you invest into a piece before conceding that you overreached and should go back doing easier stuff?
>>
Thorough research and studies have show that you should spend at least 43 minutes before conceding that you overreached and should go back doing easier stuff.

Source: My dad told me, and he works for the National Association of Arbitrary Opinions.
>>
>>2971428

1. Never go for easier option

2. If you feel you are still learning after spending 50h on the piece and redoing it 2 times, go ahead and sink 20h more.

3. If you feel you are going nowhere/overrender the piece because it's easy after difficult stuff was done - tell yourself to stop, do other stuff, go back to the piece in next week/2/after doing other stuff.

4. Alternator also. You can spend 1 day on single piece, but next day do as much drawings as you can fast. Some fast sketchbooks without shadow mapping, some with, one or two with full shadows. Next day go back to piece you were doing.
>>
>>2971428
Not much. Always start doing the face. If you don't like it, drop it. You'll save time
>>
This is actualy a good question.
I can only speak for myself, but it's around 40 -60 minutes for a sketch.
>>
Depends on the piece fuckhead.
>>
>>2971452
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwPb7g_BlXQ
>>
>>2971618
That's stupid and just means you can't draw faces.
>>
>>2971428
I have never seen S-P draw consensual sex. I like some of his faces but he draws bodies like they're too shiny ot something.
>>
>>2972105
>shiny ot something
what is sweat?
>>
Continue until completed. Even if the end result is shit, you complete that fucking piece.

If your mindset is, "Oh is crap I'm not going to finish it cause it doesn't look good" than you're never going to get better. You don't learn shit from incomplete artwork you fucking idiot.
>>
>>2971428
FInish it, and save it. Then repeat it a week later.
You don't learn by erasing your mistakes, you learn by looking at that shit, analizing why it sucks and trying to make it suck less next time. And again, and again, until it's satisfactory.
>>
>>2972410
Polishing turns isn't the smartest idea
>>
>>2972718

I doubt that's how is it done, except for a couple of times literally, why would you have several versions of a pic over time stored as if it was some goddam military prototype?
>>
>>2972750
Have you ever opened an artbook or genuine sketchbook?
People like Frazetta, Ciruelo, Brom, Leyendecker, Rockwell, Mucha, etc. had 20+ versions of a sketch hanging around to compose their final piece from. And it's not much different nowadays except it's a bunch of unfinished psds rather than a handfull of papers at different levels of completion.
>>
>>2972730
So keep starting and stopping. I'm not saying strive to make the best artwork. I'm saying just Fucking Draw. My god that's what the fuck is wrong with every artist on this fucking bored. You guys are all trying to make this fucking Magnum Opus, and you've got the artistic talent of, well, someone who can't make that.

So you draw, and stop, draw, and stop, then wonder "Why am not getting better?"

Just draw your fucking picture and complete that shit. Look over your COMPLETED work. Find out what went wrong, find what needs to be improved, and then work on that. God damn its not a hard fucking concept.

None of you niggas are going to make it because you don't know how to follow through with shit. Good or bad.

tl;dr
Just draw for the sake of drawing. Stop trying to make a masterpiece.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.