[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apologies if this has been asked a million of times, but what's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: sorry.png (1MB, 1914x936px) Image search: [Google]
sorry.png
1MB, 1914x936px
Apologies if this has been asked a million of times, but what's the better overall drawing tablet? Which is more accurate, sensitive, and what would you guys go for?

Surface pro 4 or wacom cintiq?
>>
>>2970891
As the one who own a cintiq 13inch and have try the surface, i prefer the cintiq. It feel more responsive, i don't know how to describe the feel on the surface but it feel really weird. I suggest you try them both out in person. The color on the cintiq 13inch is shit btw.
>>
>>2970891
I here the surface pro might get a refresh at the end of this month.

Personally i have the surface pro 3 and i like it but it's really underpowerd even for just ps, i have the i5 with 8gb of ram and i hate the fact it lags when there is a few layers.

Also hate the pen is heavy and uncomfortable and the screen feels a tad small.

the fact that it has only one port is also kind of shitty.

I would say to go with the art studio if it's in your budget.

i think im going to just get a new pc and a intuos pro for the house and use the sp3 for out and about.
>>
>>2970891

Cintiq's are better. Surface Pro 3 and 4 use N-trig which isn't as responsive or accurate as Wacom's technology.

t. Surface Pro 3 and Wacom Intuous Owner
>>
>>2970899
>art studio
Sorry, but what exactly is the art studio
>>
>>2970891
Cintiq.

Why?

The Cintiq has 2048 levels of sensitivity.

The Surface Pro 4 only has 1024.

It makes a HUGE difference.

Now, if you're a student, and/or on the move a lot, the Surface Pro is better, as a mobile device. The Cintiqs are monitors, and make more sense in a studio/office set up. Wacom has the Companion, but they're more expensive - but you get the 2048 levels of sensitivity.

For me, it comes down to the 2048 levels, and the Wacom pen. I don't like the Surface pen. If all I could afford is a Surface, and was a student, no brainer. But if you're gonna work at the same desk all the time, for the same money the 13HD is better for the pen and the Wacom tech and 2048 levels.

I have a 24HD Cintiq. I love this thing. I can upgrade the computer that runs it, I'm not locked into whatever came with it.

Think about how you USE the thing, when making your choice.

(BTW, my Cintiq isn't on the MASSIVE stand it came with, I have it on a dual monitor arm from Amazon, and have a ton more movement for it.)
>>
>>2970914
Surface Studio, it's a tilt-screen, touch screen iMac, basically.
>>
>>2970922
pic of your desk! Please? <3
>>
>>2970922
>1024 / 2048
>huge difference
>any difference at all
>falling for the japanese jew
Better hurry and get our new 9000 level tablet, goyjin!
>>
File: surface bitches.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
surface bitches.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
>>2970891
Depends. I have owned both and i ended up with using the Surface Pro 4. Yes the cintiq is technically superior in some ways like pressure sensitivity and the weight it takes to activate the pen, but Surface has so much else. First of all the cintiq resolution is horrible, its only 1080 and the screen looks horrible in general and you dont get all the nice windows features from the surface. Again it all depends, but if portability is a must, take the surface.
>>
Next person who asks about tablets should make a general so we don't have like 5 threads about tablets
>>
>>2971025
Ironically the next person who makes a thread will not see this message, which is why they are making a thread
>>
>>2970969
>cintiq resolution is horrible, its only 1080 and the screen looks horrible in general and you dont get all the nice windows features from the surface

nigga have you used the 27qhd? qhd is higher than 1080 . windows features? you know it can be used on a windows computer right?
yeah its not portable and i haven't used surface . but those points are invalid.
>>
>>2971067
oh wait i just saw what you were saying with the windows features . *correct that.
>>
Whatever you do, never buy a Companion, they have severe technical issues. Bought the first one and it spend more time broken than actually working. Currently am at my sixth time sending it back.
>>
>>2971067
First of all, wtf, no i havent tried a 27QHD, but you dont just go out and buy a 27QHD right away, so unless OP is some rich fuck, i seriously doubt that is what he is going to get, and even with that said, im pretty sure that the QHD has lower resolution than the surface pro, despite being a bigger screen.

Second i meant that u can bring windows anywhere, instead of having a dead tablet on the go, plus other features like facial recognition and such, that dont add to the drawing experience, but is a great plus if you are also using it as your laptop when drawing on the go.
>>
Is it possible to hook up a surface pro to a windows PC?
For when you're not on the go and want more power.
>>
>>2970891
Ipad with Apple pencil
>>
Intuos Pro Medium/Large
>>
>>2971524
>>
>>2971524
hahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>2971510
Nope. You can hook up an external monitor, but you're stuck with what it comes with - that's the one downside to it. With a Cintiq, the processing power is whatever I hook up to it. Not a fan of using an i5 with Photoshop, and the i7 version of the Surface Pro 4 is as much as a Cintiq. (and I wouldn't want a i7 in my lap)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against them at all, if it was all I could afford, I'd be perfectly happy with one. But getting a Cintiq is like the difference between getting an economy car, and a sports car.
>>
>>2970955
That's the best you can do, jew memes? LOL, go away little boy.
>>
>>2970929
Maybe later, I'd have to move some things that would identify me. I don't ever put personal info on here.
>>
>>2971814
Steve Ballmer can suck my dick.

What the fuck am I supposed to buy now? I can't afford a fucking mobilestudio.
>>
>>2971816
You need to be 18 to shitpost here.
>>
>>2971811
Why is that suggestion funny? That's exactly what I'm thinking of buying.
>>
>>2970891
>9
Surface pro 4 all the way shit is indestructible my cat dropped it from the table the keyboard broke the fall but everything else is fine no data loss no screen cracks although nibs are expensive as shit and won't last so you'll be forced to buy those packs

Ex wacom user suggest surface pro 4
>>
>>2972268
because if you wanna be just one tad more serious than drawing nakid lolis you will need either manga studio, photoshop or corel painter. Digital art dont come in mobile.
>>
>>2972409
There is awesome paintstorm studio on ipad.
But ipad is still shit.
>>
>>2972394
Really? Whenever I go on eBay there's tons of surface pro listings with cracked screens.
>>
>>2972409
Medibang.
>>
I see you have never used a procreate on an ipad pro.

Best drawing experience I have had even when I compare it to desktop apps and devices.
>>
File: 15_06-(8).png (4MB, 3788x1125px) Image search: [Google]
15_06-(8).png
4MB, 3788x1125px
>>2972434
arguably I'm just glad the harddrive didn't bite the dust more than the screen. it's fallen a few dozen times at this point from knee high without being internally damaged.

also running unix on it is fun and I don't see the point of wacom companion when it's absolutely feels like ludging around a desk my thing is light and pretty comfortable although battery life is didly dick 5 hours MAX with media monkey and PS open only
>>
File: 81G98GSk9LL._SL1500_.jpg (113KB, 1500x1161px) Image search: [Google]
81G98GSk9LL._SL1500_.jpg
113KB, 1500x1161px
Cintiq 13 hd?

or the Cintiq 22hd?

Kinda on a budget, but the 22 Cintiq HD sounds nice. the 13 inch sounds more practical for my uses, but I dont want to regret anything.
>>
Long time intuos user.
Second ipad pro with apple pencil. Procreate is great. The program is cheap. I think I paid about $15 for the one with all the features. Also iPad is way cheaper than Wacom alternatives, regardless on if it's overpriced in itself. I heard a lot of negatives about the Surface but I don't remember much since I made the decision a year ago. Mostly that people prefer the apple pen.
>>
>>2972550
I have a 22HD and I've used the 13. The 13 is great for sketching, but painting is a lot more difficult since you can never get a wide view of your image. I can never get the colors on my 22 right though, which also hurts my painting. I'm not sure if I'm setting it up wrong or I need to buy a calibrator thingy.

You can get a 13 and a second monitor I guess, but then you just have a glorified Intuos.
>>
>>2972550
>don't want to regret

22 then.
>>
>>2973720
Also seconding iPad Pro with Apple Pencil. Will cost you less and I'm actually doing client work on it. Dave rapoza's Logan poster was done on it. A little learning curve with procreate but there are hot keys which help a lot.
>>
Hey there boys.
Been using a bamboo pen and touch for years and it's finally breaking down.
Anyone know of a good one to replace it with that won't force me to sell my home?
>>
>>2973731
Buy a calibrator and send it back if it doesn't fix the colors (or even if it does). They probably went cheap on the screens.
>>
>>2974229
For wacom stuff, old intuos pro models (PTH651) have come down in price. I don't recommend the non-pro because they have this shitty tooth to them that'll eat up your nibs. I don't know if they fixed it for the intuos draw, but drawing on it was like teeth on porcelain.
>>
>>2974232
Thanks! I was actually looking at the pro models because of their prices. Glad to hear they're pretty quality as well!
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.