[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>He buys expensive pens and stuff to never use it because

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: 1494173578903.jpg (1MB, 2158x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1494173578903.jpg
1MB, 2158x1136px
>He buys expensive pens and stuff to never use it because he is procrastinating
>>
File: 1379502.gif (1006KB, 247x185px) Image search: [Google]
1379502.gif
1006KB, 247x185px
>not having a depressed friend that you can gently bully into buying all your supplies
>>
>he watches capeshite
>>
Yeah collecting them is kind of my hobby :)
/ic/ is the only board I can talk about gear
>>
Nothing wrong in buying good tools from the start. It's a waste of time to use bad paint with pigments that have awful lightfastness.

Same for pens and ink, it's better to spend $$$ on some brushpen that will you have for ages and can refill than $ for the one that you will have to throw after ink is emptied.
>>
>>2970090
sorry anon but you're not a "friend" you're a manipulative ass
>>
>>2970103
>Nothing wrong in buying good tools from the start.

It can be a waste if you're a garbage artist. Most of the shit you're drawing/painting as a beginner is going to be so fundamentally flawed that better tools won't really benefit you. You are right though that some tools are a better investment if they'll last you and become cheaper than replaceables in the long-run. But buying shit like top of the line paints/pencils/inks as a beginner is a waste IMO.
>>
>>2970089

>Buying the tutorial and learning books, but never touching or opening them
>>
>>2970091
>he listen to jpop
>>
>>2970150
>he implies things
>>
>>2970196
>he assumes everyone on the internet is a he
>>
>Not owning several hundred dollars worth of fountain pens
What are you, poor?
>>
>>2970107
Shut up Nick. I'm the only person who puts up your incessant whining about not having a gf. Now let's go get some India ink.
>>
>>2970289
I've never had a friend buy me a thing in my life lol. what a cuck.
>>
>>2970289
What a cuck (you), a bottle of india ink is like $4 AT MOST (and smells like ass), at least cuck him for some Platinum carbon ink! that shit is like liquid gold.
>>
Your art will only be as good as the tool you use to paint or draw with
>>
>>2970328
>Platinum carbon ink
Jesus anon. I'm a manipulative ass, not a gold digger.
>>
>>2970356
why not be both?
>>
>>2970201
>assuming
>>
>>2970090
pls no
>>
File: 1494178239423.png (751KB, 1031x684px) Image search: [Google]
1494178239423.png
751KB, 1031x684px
tfw bought an inhuman amount of microns in bulk because they go fast but you only really manage to get your daily warmup done before fucking off because learning is hard

I would like either some divine or personal intervention pls
>>
>>2970296
>>2970328
>getting a pathetic loser to buy you things makes you a cuck
???
>>
>>2970108

I heavily disagree. There's really a lot of difference even if you do studies in if say, you draw in regular cheap-ass pencil and Conte pencil.

Difference is even more stark in watercolor/gouache paints or even using some cheap-ass paper instead of one that reacts better to water. Sure, it's not cheap, but this way you really don't have to struggle against medium and IMO can focus on your own art or exercises than that your painting from 2 days ago can't be studied for mistakes and color usage because all the color has faded already.
>>
>>2970201
>he implies there are girls on the internet
>>
>>2970328
>at least cuck him for some Platinum carbon ink! that shit is like liquid gold.

That's not true. A 60ml bottle can be had for just $20.
>>
I'm so tempted to grab a bunch of Copics but deep down I know I should be spending that money on a set of ellipse templates.
>>
>>2971016
Ellipse templates seem useless, just print your own and cut them out.

Definitely get the copics. I never use my templates, they look out of place in my drawings because they don't look organic and look stiff and obvious.
>>
>>2971026

I have a couple of master templates and I use them a lot when I do any kind of technical drawing, and it's frustrating beyond belief to not have the right size or degree for the drawing I'm working on. I need the full set and I know I need it. It's just not as fun as markers, which I don't really need at all because I have an ample supply of watercolor.
>>
>>2970089
>He actually buys artist software
>>
File: 1466339556238.gif (2MB, 265x308px) Image search: [Google]
1466339556238.gif
2MB, 265x308px
>He acts like he can draw but he's useless with a simple pencil and paper
>>
I use everything as soon as I buy it.
It's all ashes and dust.
>>
>>2970089
or in my case i never use it because i don't want to waste it doing something that isn't worthy of the tool, so instead i just keep drawing on newsprint and painting on cardboard.
>>
>>2971015
More like $15 from Japan. Same for Kiwa-Guro, which is basically the same thing but easier to clean out from fountain pens.
>>
>>2971186

You buy from Rakuten, a proxy buyer or eBay?
>>
>>2971207
j-subculture usually, they also seem to have the cheapest prices for Iroshizuku and Sailor inks. Shipping is expensive but worth it if you buy a bunch at once.
>>
>>2971336
>Shipping is expensive

I hear that, EMS is a cunt. Charged me over $200 to ship a guitar.

For art supplies I usually just go with the small packet. Slower, but dirt cheap.
>>
>>2970201
>being a girl
>ever
Locate woodchipper insert legs
>>
>he bought a small size wacom and blames it for not learning how to draw digitally
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.