[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If it wasn't for photograph technology fine art would still

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: 18772399.jpg (476KB, 2400x1668px) Image search: [Google]
18772399.jpg
476KB, 2400x1668px
If it wasn't for photograph technology fine art would still be thriving today

Prove me wrong
>>
prove yourself right
>>
>>2968131
thats not how it works mutherucker
>>
>>2968092
fine art is dead because smart people are pushed into STEM. You cant be dumb and be an amazing fine artist. Those artistic people who are not dumb and are not pushed to the STEM field end up in art schools where they are taught the academic and photo-realistic way of creating art and are only pushed to create what is 'right' and whit is going to win them a slot in the next art show. They don't care about pushing envelopes even if their art will not be recognized as good until 30 years after they die. Not sure if that made sense.
>>
>>2968148
There are different types of intelligence, visual and emotional types will become artists, visual and analytical will become art teachers, purely analytical will go into the STEM.

OP is sorta right, modern art brought forth many good concepts and really pushed the "art=idea" narrative.
The downside is that for every modern work that's decent, there's a sea of garbage.
>>
>>2968092
Art has been in decline since after the Renaissance.
>>
>>2968492

To be honest, Renaissance art is kinda garbage compared to later periods. And no, Leonardo in silverpoint doesn't really impression me.
>>
>>2968092
wow, that red melon, that yellow melon, those black grapes, those red peaches

I think this is actually the first time I see one of those paintings and I actually crave for what's in it

they are not 100% realistic, but the artist actually knew what makes those taste grate, and didn't just paint them as when their color is the brightest
>>
>>2968092
academic fine art has had a huge surge in popularity in the last 5-10 years, its recent lack of popularity (last 50 years or so) doesnt have much to do with cameras, more just general taste
>>
>>2968495
Garbage in what sense? No later period produced an artistic culture that is more holistic or poetical.
>>
>>2968470
I always hated the idea of this different kinds of intelligence bs.

If that's the case, then what the hell was Davinci, Leonardo or Micheangelo?

All of them were artists as well as successful engineers or inventors
>>
>>2968559
visual and analytical ofcourse, duh
>>
File: at last i truly see.jpg (11KB, 229x190px) Image search: [Google]
at last i truly see.jpg
11KB, 229x190px
>>2968559
>Davinci, Leonardo
>>
>>2968470
Not true at all. I'm as anylitcal as possible, and thought for a long time that i couldn't be an artist. I tried and love it. It really juat takes interest and not being brain dead to be an artist. That and drawing for 20 hours a day.
>>
>>2968092
I don't think photos ruined fine art, but they did fuck the learning curve for newbies.
Think about learning to draw what you see. Back in the day when you studied observational drawing, in a few months of study you could gain a superpower that no one else had. The ability to capture anything in front of you.

Stylized/imaginative work is as appealing as ever, but you have to learn observation and construction to get there and the early rewards of the journey are significantly reduced, since photos and 3d programs exist. No wonder beginners keep trying to skip to drawing anime or whatever it is they like.
>>
File: aku.gif (581KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
aku.gif
581KB, 500x375px
>>2968559
>Davinci, Leonardo
>>
>>2968092
The fine artists of yesteryear are now making movies and games instead of purely painting
>>
>>2968092
OH LAWD IZ DAT SUM WATTAMELLUNS
>>
>>2968810
>>2968833
Am I missing something here?
Is Davinci not Leonardo's last name????
>>
>>2968832
Yeah faggots need to realize that you should get good at observational drawing first. It impresses normalfags, you'll be praised by them, you'll learn some better technique, your ability to use reference will improve. It's not even hard, anyone can get good at it in a few months
>>
File: butchers-stall.jpg (180KB, 1088x781px) Image search: [Google]
butchers-stall.jpg
180KB, 1088x781px
>>2968517
dude
>>
>>2968863
no, he was from vinci
>>
>>2968904
meh, perspective is all over the place
>>
>>2968092
I want me some muhfukkin' watermelon
>>
>>2968135

that's literally how it works
>>
File: papiez.png (526KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
papiez.png
526KB, 512x512px
>>2968148
Well i am in STEM working in it and i always loved art.
But the modern camera and smartphone has substitute art, the same way the mp3 has made home music/street artist less popular.
So you can really make life as mediocre artist, except from comercial art.

Pic rel is art filter in tensorflow.
>>
File: rex+24[1].jpg (140KB, 829x500px) Image search: [Google]
rex+24[1].jpg
140KB, 829x500px
>>2968904
Oh, so that's where this comes from
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.