[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tutorial >artist constantly uses lasso and/or other cheats

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 1484028863008.png (392KB, 451x619px) Image search: [Google]
1484028863008.png
392KB, 451x619px
>tutorial
>artist constantly uses lasso and/or other cheats while demonstrating their technique
>>
no rules, just tools
>>
cute hair
>>
lasso usage is considered a cheat?
>>
>>2968057
That's not a cheat, that''s a tool. irl someone would just have to spend more time making a stencil so they could use an airbrush.
>>
>>2968065
imagine if you got good enough with your stokes that you didn't need to lasso.
>>
cheating is a technique too
>>
>>2968069
imagine if you could make your artwork good enough using the lasso tool to make the process much easier, so that we needn't have a stroke listening to your dribble
>>
>>2968069
Imagine that you actually need to make a good clean stroke with your lasso tool to gry decent effects
>>
>>2968143
>>2968132
I was under the assumption that what OP meant was using lasso to re-position things in a drawing that could have been avoided initially. Which is what I thought he meant by "cheats".
>>
>>2968057
>class
>professor constantly uses collages and/or other cheats while demonstrating their technique
>>
>>2968069
Imagine creating artificial standards that are meaningless.
>>
>>2968199
This.
>>
>>2968152
Yeah, it's a crutch many digital artists use. I would say unless you're short on time, redraw the thing in question. Why? Because it not only fixes your mistake, but prevents you from doing that same mistake again by analysing it.
>>
>>2968555
that is stupid. Traditional artists make mistakes all the time too. Fixing your mistakes in an inconvenient way doesn't prevent you from making the same mistake again. Unless it's a mistake based on a genuine lack of knowledge on how it should look correctly. In which case, fiddling around with the lasso tool isn't really gonna fix it either if you don't already know what you're doing.
>>
>>2968555
Another artificial standard poster. It's not a crutch, it's a tool - one of hundreds that digital artists have to use.

Stop being a snob, especially with nothing to back that attitude up. The lasso is a selection tool, that's used for more than moving pixels, it can also be used for making masks, creating areas to edit to preserve surrounding art, and a myriad of other uses that are efficient and time saving.

Do you consider the eraser a crutch? Because an artist like yourself never makes mistakes, right?

I love this urban legend on this forum that artists never make mistakes, use tools like rulers, and everything comes out perfect the first time. It's laughably untrue. Ansel Adams was an epic photographer, with epic compositional taste and an eye for tones and values that are unrivaled. But part of it was his eye, another was his equipment, and the rest was the adjustments they made on the photos, with traditional tools in the early days, and digital in the later years, to prepare them fror press. Is Ansel Adam tweaking curves and adjusting values through half and eight tone tool in Photoshop relying on a "crutch"?
>>
>>2968057
>trad tutorial
>artist constantly uses brushes and other cheats
>>
>>2968582
The fuck is your deal? Most of the shit you bring up is irrelevant, that anon was saying how it's better in the long run to fix mistakes like misplaced features (which I used to be guilty of abusing lasso for) by redrawing which helps you to learn how to draw them for next time, not lassoing and then dragging them around the face until it looks right which just feels like a quick fix, and sure as hell not 'just never making mistakes'
Get your autism in check
>>
>>2968057
>class
>teacher uses someone elses art to demonstrate what technique can do
fools don't use their tools anon. the only "cheat" in art is to trace, and to copy + paste from someone elses work. even then, those things have practical applications with different styles.
>>
>>2968069

imagine not needing to because you've got a tool that does exactly the thing you need to do
>>
>>2968057
Every time I see someone drawing digitally and they lasso tool an entire section of the drawing and move it so it looks better, I get disappointed.
>>
>>2968060
fpbp

/thread
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.