[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I want to be a professional one day, will I have to have an

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: o-BOSCH-900.jpg (163KB, 900x512px) Image search: [Google]
o-BOSCH-900.jpg
163KB, 900x512px
If I want to be a professional one day, will I have to have an alias since my name is difficult for English speakers to pronounce and/or remember?
Bosch is not a good example but I mean, does anyone remember his first name
>>
>>2966816
They'll probably just give you a nickname anyways.
>>
>>2966816
Yepp
>>
>>2966816
you can if you like, there's actually a pretty strong tradition of using a nick name for art, like da vinci, or michelangelo
>>
>>2966821
>Those are their real names
You don't have to. If your work is worth anything, they'll remember and find a way to pronounce your name.
>>
>>2966816
>applies to me
>never thought about this
>suddenly distressed
>>
Are you Polish?
>>
His first name was Jheronimus.
>>
File: tatev-ootes[1].jpg (84KB, 701x539px) Image search: [Google]
tatev-ootes[1].jpg
84KB, 701x539px
>>2966816
depends on your name, like, bit out of left field, but in chess there's lots of famous people, and from all over the place so they have weird names, and it works really well for them. like if they were all called like 'john johnson' or whatever i wouldn't remember any of them, but magnus carlsen and anand vishy and idk..tatev abrahamyan are all easy to recall and associate with how they play..and tatev is a cutey.
>>
>>2966816

>does anyone remember his first name

What? Of course. He has a very memorable name IMO. Has quite the ring to it.
>>
>>2966900
No
>>2966923
Those names are tame compared to mine kek, but thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.