[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I resist the urge to erase something shitty I've

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1479831421429.jpg (435KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1479831421429.jpg
435KB, 1280x1280px
How do I resist the urge to erase something shitty I've drawn? I just want to delete everything I don't like.
>>
>>2966317
Don't. JUST SAVE YOUR BEST WORK AND THROW AWAY ALL YOUR SHITTY SKETCHES.THAT WAY EVERYONE WHO SEES YOUR WORK THINKS YOUR BETTER THAN YOU ACTUALLY ARE, KINDA LIKE MOST ARTISTS ON ARTSTATION AND DA WHO DON'T SHOW THEIR BAD WORK AND DESTROYS THE SELF ESTEEM OF BEGINNING AND INTERMEDIATE ARTISTS LIKE US.
>>
Just save it to a shit folder on your computer and then in a month or so look at it and try and do it better
>>
File: Erase.webm (1MB, 782x602px) Image search: [Google]
Erase.webm
1MB, 782x602px
Just erase them man. You can't feel bad about your shitty drawings if you erase them right afterwards.

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if you cast a spell on an artist.All of his drawing would me magically erased after he finishes them. How would that affect his development? His skills?
>>
>>2966351
the hell is this video
>>
i keep a folder of my shit work to motivate me when i see how much progress ive made
>>
File: 1489404582841.png (25KB, 310x310px) Image search: [Google]
1489404582841.png
25KB, 310x310px
>>2966319
>LIKE US
>>
File: My Movie.webm (383KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
My Movie.webm
383KB, 854x480px
>>2966352
I saw one of my favorite artists drawing. Webm related. He deleted 90% of the lines he laid down. It's not that they were wrong. He just deleted them to keep searching, experimenting. My mind was blown and then I started farting. So I decided to imitate it.

I'm now convinced that not being attached to your art and deleting it freely is one key to making it.

You need some level of not giving a shit about your art so you can edit and tinker with it freely. It's like how doctors aren't allowed to perform surgery on their own family. When you're too attached it's really hard to be objective.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK8nmSn375w
>>
>>2966317
Store it in a box and look at your shitty art later you will see how much you inproved once you look back.
>>
>>2966317
Why wouldn't you delete a shitty drawing?
Drawings are just drawings, you shouldn't be feeling any special attachment to them, even the better ones.
>>
>>2966362
to not attach may be a good thing, but that's a terrible workflow
>>
Don't do it op, seeing improvement is one of the most rewarding parts of art.
>>
>>2966317
Throw out all your erasers
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.